ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball REPORT: ND in talks with Shrewsberry

Richie O

Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
www.pennstate.rivals.com
According to David Jones of Penn Live, “Am told by reliable source, Micah Shrewsberry now in talks with Notre Dame. I believe Penn State made its pitch. Whatever is going to happen, stay or go, will happen soon.”

What is his record against top 10 and top 5 teams since he's been here!

sarcameter-sarcasm.gif

According to David Jones of Penn Live, “Am told by reliable source, Micah Shrewsberry now in talks with Notre Dame. I believe Penn State made its pitch. Whatever is going to happen, stay or go, will happen soon.”

Notre Dame was the only move I thought he might make. The Big East schools didn't make much sense. Hopefully he stays.

love how Jones slips this in to cover himself in the possibility that this is totally false

"Whatever is going to happen, stay or go, will happen soon"

honestly...I love PSU but it is a career decision. I'd be gone to ND in a new york heartbeat.
their men's basketball program isn't a sure thing. It is better than the psu job, and hopefully that changes one day, but not as good as probably half the big ten jobs. If he hangs around a few years and Purdue is open, for instance, i don't think we could do anything about it

Reactions: doctornick
their men's basketball program isn't a sure thing. It is better than the psu job, and hopefully that changes one day, but not as good as probably half the big ten jobs. If he hangs around a few years and Purdue is open, for instance, i don't think we could do anything about it
I don't disagree. But PSU has some massive infrastructure issues we need to deal with before we are a good team. That isn't going to change overnight. In fact, will take at least five years to fix.

Reactions: PSUfiji
Will ND allow the use of the portal...they should but remember they like to say they are better then everyone else

Will ND allow the use of the portal...they should but remember they like to say they are better then everyone else
NIL is a better question. i don't even understand the rationale behind not allowing use of the portal

I don't disagree. But PSU has some massive infrastructure issues we need to deal with before we are a good team. That isn't going to change overnight. In fact, will take at least five years to fix.
yeah and ND probably has some issues too. I could see him making this move, but would be pretty disappointed in penn state if they could not change his mind on this one.

... unless PSU's "long-term financial commitment" was very lame to the point that it insulted him. and i dont know much about the current leaders but can totally see the past morons at PSU screwing something up like that

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski
Yep, ND and Michigan........the two most arrogant fan bases out there, When their sports programs are down, they like to throw the "education" BS at you

Reactions: bison13
Don’t they play in the ACC in basketball? Who is the closest team they play?

Gotta suck having no close rivals. Boring home games with no opponent fans. Long travel schedule. Away from home a lot. Has to affect recruiting too.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Don’t they play in the ACC in basketball? Who is the closest team they play?

Gotta suck having no close rivals. Boring home games with no opponent fans. Long travel schedule. Away from home a lot. Has to affect recruiting too.
they play in the ACC. also kind of unclear if they fired Brey or if he quit. the next coach may not be inheriting something that's ready to go right away

they play in the ACC. also kind of unclear if they fired Brey or if he quit. the next coach may not be inheriting something that's ready to go right away
So who is the closest league game? Louisville and Pitt. Not very close. And the rest are nearly double that distance.

Not a good league for them. Wonder how much this has affected recruiting? Would like to see someone to ask that of the out going coaches,

So who is the closest league game? Louisville and Pitt. Not very close. And the rest are nearly double that distance.

Not a good league for them. Wonder how much this has affected recruiting? Would like to see someone to ask that of the out going coaches,
probably doesn't affect recruiting at all. they played in the Big East before that. until they join the Big Ten their conference affiliation will make no sense

probably doesn't affect recruiting at all. they played in the Big East before that. until they join the Big Ten their conference affiliation will make no sense
They also play in the Big 10 in hockey, and I don’t understand why the Big 10 would cater to ND like that.

Reactions: MacNit07
i understand it. what i don't understand is ND. they insist on creating a very convoluted situation for themselves
I said that because the Big 10 really gets very little for allowing ND to play Big 10 hockey, but ND gets a lot. In order for ND to be a pseudo ACC school, they effectively are forced to play to what amounts to a football schedule that is made up of about half of ACC schools. Because of this, there are very few ND v. Big 10 football games.

I know that they played OSU last season, but that was an exception to the rule. Do you remember when there were seasons when they would play Michigan, MSU, Purdue and maybe PSU in the same season?

Reactions: PSUfiji
I know that they played OSU last season, but that was an exception to the rule. Do you remember when there were seasons when they would play Michigan, MSU, Purdue and maybe PSU in the same season?
yes, I remember.

hockey doesn't move the needle. if they came to the B1G asking to join for men's basketball, you can bet they B1G would wave the "you need to join for football" flag. which is probably why it never happened

yes, I remember.

hockey doesn't move the needle. if they came to the B1G asking to join for men's basketball, you can bet they B1G would wave the "you need to join for football" flag. which is probably why it never happened
I just don’t understand why they aren’t in the Big 10, which effectively is in their backyard, rather than the ACC. If they really wanted to be in the Big 10, I believe that the Big 10 would admit them in a New York minute. It really doesn’t make any sense on ND’s part unless they’re scared of having to play a full Big 10 football schedule v, a partial ACC football schedule.

I just don’t understand why they aren’t in the Big 10, which effectively is in their backyard, rather than the ACC. If they really wanted to be in the Big 10, I believe that the Big 10 would admit them in a New York minute. It really doesn’t make any sense on ND’s part unless they’re scared of having to play a full Big 10 football schedule v, a partial ACC football schedule.
because they have a deal with NBC to show their games. there is no other reason

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT