ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting end with a whimper

fkkkjm

Jun 2, 2007
I fear we are all going to be disappointed come signing day. Let's look at who's in the running and my best guess at what % chance PSU has:

Ferns - 70%
Hamlin - 25%
Nixon - 25%
Fuller - 5-10%
Hudson - 30-40%
Snelson - not sure 50% he flips?
Chavis - 1%
Hill - 25%
Dioubate - 10%

Current commits:

Pryts - 80-90%
Nordin - 50%
Dwumfour - 50%

I see us getting 2 possibly 3 more
commits and possibly losing 2 more....Talk me off the ledge here guys......I'm not seeing much to be excited about. Hairball is beating our ass.

You might be disappointed, but don't speak for anyone else!

I will be excited for the next group of young men to come in and make PSU proud! You sound like a PITT clown. Go back to the liar where you can talk about top 60 recruiting classes

Reactions: Ski and JJTopp99
You might be disappointed, but don't speak for anyone else!

I will be excited for the next group of young men to come in and make PSU proud! You sound like a PITT clown. Go back to the liar where you can talk about top 60 recruiting classes

1. I'm about as diehard penn state as possible
2. I'm excited for the guys we do have. I'm just lamenting that I don't see a high closure rate between now and signing day except for Ferns.

When you have so few posts, you don't really get an opinion.

Come back in a year, when we are sure you are not a troll, and we will reconsider.

I was a paying member on the den for years until money got tight. I'm no troll

2. I'm excited for the guys we do have. I'm just lamenting that I don't see a high closure rate between now and signing day except for Ferns.

You may be a PSU fan, but don't come on here with the "we are going to lose all of these recruits" type post and then ask people to talk you off the ledge.. Grow up! The kids will go where they want and there is nothing any of us can do..

Reactions: JJTopp99
Sounds like a Pitt goofball who made up another name.

Cant we make a PSU questionnaire for vetting before we just slap the troll tag on? It's comical. It's like the French Revolution. Anyone who doesn't swallow the party line must be a dissident worthy of execution.

Would a troll know Joel holler ate his way into joes permanent doghouse?

BS....you're a troll. Your Mama is a troll, your Daddy is a troll, your entire family is made up of trolls....just like Revival's. Pitt-biatch.

Reactions: Ski
You can't afford the Den? How do you afford internet, then?

I realize that may sound cruel, but I'm curious.

That's like asking "you can't afford a beemer, so how can you afford a car". Internet service in 2015 and premium recruiting info are on par in terms of need?

I fear we are all going to be disappointed come signing day. Let's look at who's in the running and my best guess at what % chance PSU has:

Ferns - 70%
Hamlin - 25%
Nixon - 25%
Fuller - 5-10%
Hudson - 30-40%
Chavis - 1%
Hill - 25%
Dioubate - 10%

Current commits:

Pryts - 80-90%
Nordin - 50%
Dwumfour - 50%

commits and possibly losing 2 more....Talk me off the ledge here guys......I'm not seeing much to be excited about. Hairball is beating our ass.

A reasonable and realistic ending:

1 more true LB, Ferns
Hudson - I believe when it comes down to it he does't go for the UM B.S. tactics
A kicker. Nordin or the one just offered.
3 DT's. Jordan and two more. Possibly Dwumfour and the kid from Illinois. It's still 2 wks till signing day and CJF may offer other DT's if he doesn't have 3 by mid next week.
1 WR. Doesn't look good for Nixon, but CJF will get one as he has just offered 2 more and we have a good chance with the Minny flip kid.
1 More DB, in addition to Hudson. Hill, Hamlin, the kid left out at UM or someone else.

I believe Pryts is 100%. He cancelled his UCLA trip and is coming to PSU. So with 18 now counting a kicker, that would be a net of 5 more, for a total of 23. I believe CJF will get this many, even if he has to flip some more that we have not been made aware that are possibilities. I think the pitt-boys are safe, as at least when I review their commits I don't see anyone that CJF would go after. A pleasant surprise to me would be CJF going and getting another OL kid, a big powerful 6'4" 325lb kid for the interior that would bring the class to 24. That's my belief as of now.

A reasonable and realistic ending:

1 more true LB, Ferns
Hudson - I believe when it comes down to it he does't go for the UM B.S. tactics
A kicker. Nordin or the one just offered.
3 DT's. Jordan and two more. Possibly Dwumfour and the kid from Illinois. It's still 2 wks till signing day and CJF may offer other DT's if he doesn't have 3 by mid next week.
1 WR. Doesn't look good for Nixon, but CJF will get one as he has just offered 2 more and we have a good chance with the Minny flip kid.
1 More DB, in addition to Hudson. Hill, Hamlin, the kid left out at UM or someone else.

I believe Pryts is 100%. He cancelled his UCLA trip and is coming to PSU. So with 18 now counting a kicker, that would be a net of 5 more, for a total of 23. I believe CJF will get this many, even if he has to flip some more that we have not been made aware that are possibilities. I think the pitt-boys are safe, as at least when I review their commits I don't see anyone that CJF would go after. A pleasant surprise to me would be CJF going and getting another OL kid, a big powerful 6'4" 325lb kid for the interior that would bring the class to 24. That's my belief as of now.

Thanks Greg. I am hopeful and fairly confident CJF has some irons in the fire we don't know about.

Ferns - 70%
Hamlin - 25%
Nixon - 25%
Fuller - 5-10%
Hudson - 30-40%
Chavis - 1%
Hill - 25%
Dioubate - 10%

Current commits:

Pryts - 80-90%
Nordin - 50%
Dwumfour - 50%

Quit your belly aching.Nobody wants to hear it.

Thanks Greg. I am hopeful and fairly confident CJF has some irons in the fire we don't know about.
Troll basta@d

First you say you fear disappontment, NOW you are hopeful and confident

Not your first failure I'm sure

Ferns - 70%
Hamlin - 25%
Nixon - 25%
Fuller - 5-10%
Hudson - 30-40%
Chavis - 1%
Hill - 25%
Dioubate - 10%

Current commits:

Pryts - 80-90%
Nordin - 50%
Dwumfour - 50%

Us? Nice try.

Ferns - 70%
Hamlin - 25%
Nixon - 25%
Fuller - 5-10%
Hudson - 30-40%
Chavis - 1%
Hill - 25%
Dioubate - 10%

Current commits:

Pryts - 80-90%
Nordin - 50%
Dwumfour - 50%

Lol....
Pulled those %'s out of your KKK a$$...
Or .... Saw them inside your KKK Ouija hood.
How pathetic....

Ferns - 70%
Hamlin - 25%
Nixon - 25%
Fuller - 5-10%
Hudson - 30-40%
Chavis - 1%
Hill - 25%
Dioubate - 10%

Current commits:

Pryts - 80-90%
Nordin - 50%
Dwumfour - 50%

You're an asshole.

We cannot take your posts serious until you have 1000 posts or one year on the board. Sorry....too many trolls!!

Reactions: Ski and sarasotan
A pleasant surprise to me would be CJF going and getting another OL kid, a big powerful 6'4" 325lb kid for the interior that would bring the class to 24. That's my belief as of now.

Interesting analysis. I haven't heard a peep about O line recruiting in a long time, so that would surely be a surprise. I hope the rest of your predictions come true.

Ferns - 70%
Hamlin - 25%
Nixon - 25%
Fuller - 5-10%
Hudson - 30-40%
Chavis - 1%
Hill - 25%
Dioubate - 10%

Current commits:

Pryts - 80-90%
Nordin - 50%
Dwumfour - 50%

Do everyone a favor...........JUMP!

Ferns - 70%
Hamlin - 25%
Nixon - 25%
Fuller - 5-10%
Hudson - 30-40%
Chavis - 1%
Hill - 25%
Dioubate - 10%

Current commits:

Pryts - 80-90%
Nordin - 50%
Dwumfour - 50%

So, you only contribute your thoughts to this board when you have nothing to be excited about? A lot of us have been here a long, long time. We know a troll when we see one.

Also, not sure what you mean by 'I fear we are all going to be disappointed come signing day.' If you mean you and fellow Pitt fans, you're probably right. If you mean Penn State fans (not you), you're wrong.

Ferns - 70%
Hamlin - 25%
Nixon - 25%
Fuller - 5-10%
Hudson - 30-40%
Chavis - 1%
Hill - 25%
Dioubate - 10%

Current commits:

Pryts - 80-90%
Nordin - 50%
Dwumfour - 50%

I doubt it. I think they get Ferns, Hudson, Hamlin, either Nordin or the Rutgers kicker, Snelson or Nixon, and have about a 50% chance with Hill. I wouldn't be surprised if they get someone else to visit on the 29th that hasn't be mentioned yet. Pitt's class will end in a whimper, but I would be shocked if this one does.

Reactions: bmw199 and Ski
May I offer another perspective by looking at how Franklin has handled recruiting while at PSU and from interviews about his recruiting philosophy. Franklin is big on building relationships with potential recruits years in advance. He places an emphasis on building a class early in the recruiting cycle and then filling in areas of need late in the cycle. So, essentially he has his main targets in place early and then focuses on keeping them, e.g. Sanders. Late in the cycle, he focuses on recruits who might have an interest in PSU, but are generally lower star recruits and/or high recruits at less prestigious schools, e.g. Blacknall, Windsor, Brown and Rutgers, Temple, Pitt. So, it is unlikely that there will be flips of highly touted recruits late in the cycle. Compare to Harbough, he accepts verbals from lower star recruits early in the cycle and then attempts to flip higher star recruits later in the cycle, while cutting off contact with lower star verbal commits. And Meyer who essentially puts together a class and then waits to see who decommits or how many current players declare for the NFL draft and attempts to fill out his class with flips late in the process. Franklin may change his approach, but at the moment he has a different approach than UM and JH.[/QUOTE]

Hang loose, guy. This is a tough bunch. You're entitled to your opinions and you may be correct. This recruiting season (for us) is as crazy as the weather.

Get premium again then.... We'll get 5 or 6 kids, at least 3 will be four stars!

folks, ease up a bit.

the OP expressed an opinion. I think it's far more pessimistic than what will actually take place, but it's his guess/opinion.

lots of people over react to things, or turn negative at almost anything that isn't total domination by PSU. I have to deal with it pretty much every Saturday during a football game (win or lose), and every time PSU loses out on a recruit, has a coaching change, etc. so, so, so much of what is expressed at those times is based on emotion, and not on logic. we've seen no shortage of such posts in the past month, between the coaches that were hired, the coaches that left, the players that elected to depart for the NFL or to transfer to other schools, and for recruits that have shown any indication of switching from PSU/changing their visit schedules/etc.

fwiw, fkkjm is a PSU fan, and has previously been a Premium Ticket subscriber. you may disagree with his guesses/opinions, or with how he presented his info, or be suspicious of his number of posts, but he's what he claimed he is.

Remember "Hope" is not a business strategy.

CJF is doing more than HOPING to the finish line of assembling this class, which is signing day. He is out making it happen. All over the country. CJF is a tireless recruiter and an assistant coach must also be a great recruiter or he does not bring him onto his staff.

Reactions: bmejnes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT