ADVERTISEMENT

Analysis of this recruiting class

No way is LB a B. Brown may grow out of LB and Toney is listed at 190 LBs and is a string bean. We did not land any true LBs.
Franklin's big mistakes were in focusing on Ferns and Hansford. There was never any guarantee or close to it with Ferns and Hansford has decided he wants to be a receiver. I agree Brown will probable be at DE and Toney though a good football player needs at least 1 yr plus to play at lb physically. Although no one saw the Reeder transfer coming we only had 7 offers out at lb this year. He needs to spread the net out more.

The hires may have actually been about football first than geography. One year isn't a trend in recruiting and when the W's come, JF will sell with the best of them.
I live in Western Pa.. Terry Smith coached at Gateway. He did a great job of recruiting players from other districts to his school and never did anything with all of that talent. In my opinion, when he said he wanted to go to Toledo...we should have said bye. Now I think we definitely upgraded in the X's and O's department hiring Moorehead and Limegrover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT