ADVERTISEMENT

Punt return game

bdgan

May 29, 2008
OSU had a 72 yd punt when the ball went over our head.

Today Indy had a 62 yd punt. We fielded it but had to backpeddle quite a bit which meant no return.

Late in the game today we called for a fair catch when nobody was within 10 yds.

Warren called for a couple of fair catches on short kicks around the 23 yd line. Surely he had room to run 5-10 yds.

Seems like a big problem for some reason.

Last edited:
The fair catch was baffling to me and everyone around me. Both on the punt when no one was close to downfield where it was fielded and on the kickoff pooch.

Reactions: psu00 and royboy

Today Indy had a 62 yd punt. We fielded it but had to backpeddle quite a bit which meant no return.

Late in the game today we called for a fair catch when nobody was within 10 yds.

Warren called for a couple of fair catches on short kicks around the 23 yd line. Surely he had room to run 5-10 yds.

As well as at least 1 penalty…..

What was little Dinkins even doing on the field? James has to make our 3rd stringer tight ends d2 brother happy just to keep him? C'mon

What was little Dinkins even doing on the field? James has to make our 3rd stringer tight ends d2 brother happy just to keep him? C'mon
How many practices have you been at to determine he hasn't earned his way on to play?

More Karen than legitimate beef. Our return game has been better than most in my 60 years of watching Lions FB.

Gee! I wasn't on the sideline Saturday or practice last week so I have no idea what the punt returners were told by the coaches!

I think the OP missed the days of Gerald Hodges and Anthony Scirotta field punts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT