ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday morning thoughts

Better in what way? Purdue almost beat us. Auburn was close for a half. Our RBs had better stats last year but overall I think we are better at this stage this year than last.

Just curious on what you feel, just more in depth.
The CMU game was a very underwhelming performance, and the NU performance was so bad that a bad NU team actually had a chance to win that game well into the fourth quarter.

The CMU game was a very underwhelming performance, and the NU performance was so bad that a bad NU team actually had a chance to win that game well into the fourth quarter.

Agreed. It's kind of like Illinois. They did some good stuff defensively, but we didn't crap the bed. That's the type of game we lost in '20-'21. If we play similarly over the next 3, sure, our trip to Columbus might suck. No argument there.

...and the next game after NU was the 41-17 drubbing at the Big House. The 2022 team improved down the stretch but was no juggernaut in September or October.

Just my opinion, but I think the Iowa game will give us a good reading about the potential of the 2023 team. Need something along the lines of a big win (or preferably a blowout) to point to being a solid playoff contender.

Just my opinion, but I think the Iowa game will give us a good reading about the potential of the 2023 team. Need something along the lines of a big win (or preferably a blowout) to point to being a solid playoff contender.

I agree with this. Whether we dominate from the kick or it takes until the 3rd quarter, at home in a White Out vs a solid yet outmanned team, we should take it to them eventually if we are a playoff contender.

Reactions: royboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT