ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

Hearing Missouri
Makes a lot of sense. Willie has said earlier it was down to PSU, Missouri, and Nebraska. (He has since visited Rutgers and, well ...)

We are overloaded at his weights. Missouri is not, and offers a top-level training partner as long as O'Toole stays with the Tiger WC.

Makes a lot of sense. Willie has said earlier it was down to PSU, Missouri, and Nebraska. (He has since visited Rutgers and, well ...)

We are overloaded at his weights. Missouri is not, and offers a top-level training partner as long as O'Toole stays with the Tiger WC.
Are we? He's a 2025 recruit, so he's still several years away. What is he projected in college? If it's 149-157, then we have SVN for a couple more years, but obviously, his injury issues are mounting unfortunately. Haines and Mesenbrink seem unlikely to be holding 157 for the long term (there were already rumors of Haines moving up this year...). Is either Sealey or Duke projected that low or are they higher? There is a definite log jam coming from 165-197, but it's not as clogged below that.

We obviously have Kasak in the mix. They were teammates at Beth Cath, and in their one season of overlap, Rath wrestled 132 and Kasak 138. Did Rath beat him out for the lower spot? Kasak went 126 the previous year as a soph then skipped 132 straight up to 138.

As a disclaimer, I have no information that he is coming to Penn State. We obviously can't get every elite recruit. I'm just saying if he fits into that box, there could be space for him (or another 149-157).

Are we? He's a 2025 recruit, so he's still several years away. What is he projected in college? If it's 149-157, then we have SVN for a couple more years, but obviously, his injury issues are mounting unfortunately. Haines and Mesenbrink seem unlikely to be holding 157 for the long term (there were already rumors of Haines moving up this year...). Is either Sealey or Duke projected that low or are they higher? There is a definite log jam coming from 165-197, but it's not as clogged below that.

We obviously have Kasak in the mix. They were teammates at Beth Cath, and in their one season of overlap, Rath wrestled 132 and Kasak 138. Did Rath beat him out for the lower spot? Kasak went 126 the previous year as a soph then skipped 132 straight up to 138.

As a disclaimer, I have no information that he is coming to Penn State. We obviously can't get every elite recruit. I'm just saying if he fits into that box, there could be space for him (or another 149-157).
Rath is up to 160 this year. Even if he's really a 152 up a weight, he's at least a 157 in college.

Duke is a 157. Sealey a 165. Plus Levi and Mitch. Van Ness has said he might end up at 157; a med year increases that possibility.

I don't know if Rath will get to 174, but not much room for anyone there with Facundo + either Barr or Ryder.

We obviously can't get every elite recruit.
Are You Sure Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• Haha
Reactions: mcpat
Keep ‘em coming. Is there a cap or limit on roster spots? Desmond is a phenomenal pickup but we have about 5-6 wrestlers at 125 now.
Lightning must be going to 133.
Cael and Company are the best coaches for various reasons, But their ability to keep everyone happy and keeping them rolling in. Our Room will be deeper than ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT