ADVERTISEMENT

Post Indiana Observations

PSU210

Oct 20, 2019
Absolutely hate forfeits by any team.
RBY - Looks a bit bigger, was hoping for more in 3rd period.
Nick Lee - Punishing, Zain like ride. No worries here.
Jared VK- Still no offense and the obligatory duck under try. Disappointing.
Bergy - Good to get a W, looks cut and stronger but other than a throw by, not much offense.
Joe Lee - Surprised at how big up top but still raw. Not sure about that ranking. He'll get better but raw still.
CStar - Welcome to college wrestling. Give him major props for second period but had a minute to get two and didn't, Disappointing.
Brooks - So slick on this feet. No worries here
Higgins - Give him credit he didn't quit and got a point that helped. Get well Michael.
Seth - Beast on top
Overall, typical first match. Long way to go and if you think we are in Iowa's league right now we are not.

So a lot of scolly $ not wrestling, kerk, Howard, beard and Bartlett so let's give it some time.
Yes, I agree. Just my thoughts on today. I hope I'm wrong but with the experience in Iowa's lineup I think it would be a huge upset if they did not win going away. After this year I see another long run coming once these kids get matches under their belts.

Reactions: kevin310
What’s with the not medically fit to perform on 3 guys? I hope 21 isn’t a repeat of 20 with all the injuries...

What’s with the not medically fit to perform on 3 guys? I hope 21 isn’t a repeat of 20 with all the injuries...
Here is my guess ,Howard shoulder. Bringing around slowly, beard probably covid protocol, kerk knee surgery.

Bergy - Good to get a W, looks cut and stronger but other than a throw by, not much offense.
Joe Lee - Surprised at how big up top but still raw. Not sure about that ranking. He'll get better but raw still.
CStar - Welcome to college wrestling. Give him major props for second period but had a minute to get two and didn't, Disappointing.
Higgins - Give him credit he didn't quit and got a point that helped. Get well Michael.
Seth - Beast on top
Overall, typical first match. Long way to go and if you think we are in Iowa's league right now we are not.
Verkleeren has been consistent for 2 years - I don’t know why people are surprised. Don’t get your hopes up and you won’t be disappointed- his matches are a good time for a trip to the fridge

Kerk - returning from surgery soon, in recovery
Robbie - rehabing from surgery, precautionary
Beard - ??? Maybe Covid

I think we are full green for all three for Bigs

Seth - Beast on top
One observation on Starocci: He looked smaller than the kid he was wrestling. Give him credit for taking a punch in the mouth and not folding in his first varsity match.

Reactions: Cenosillicaphobia
Verkleeren has been consistent for 2 years - I don’t know why people are surprised. Don’t get your hopes up and you won’t be disappointed- his matches are a good time for a trip to the fridge
Agree. He deserves all the credit in the world for overcoming Type 1 diabetes to wrestle on the major college level. That said, he's a very average college wrestler.

Nice to see the guys back on the mat.

Possibly the flattest performance of the Sanderson era, I'm sure the layoff was a major factor.

Expect this team to look much better in a few weeks.

Reactions: Zukovski
Thought Starocci looked bigger, stronger, faster last year and in the Rokfin events. May have been inactive due to co-vid? Something was way different? Didn't he beat Chance in the Rokfin event ?

Reactions: PASLP2
Seth - Beast on top

Primary thing today's action showed is that we have a real problem at 49 - as things currently stand we probably don't qualify a wrestler at the weight for NCAAs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT