ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PENN STATE VS NORTHWESTERN - PREVIEW & GAME THREAD

How many good seasons did he have? Would have gone to one NCAA. He was the NIT king a few years so he's got that going for him, which is nice.
I'm not saying he was the next coming of Krzyzewski. I'm just saying that he improved recruiting. He brought in players like Carr, Stevens, Watkins, and Reaves. He had NIT success and would have had an NCAA team if not for Covid. The team would have probably been good again last year if not for the coaching change and associated transfers (Brockington, Jones). It seems obvious that he had PSU moving in a positive direction. I'm not saying he was elite or better than Shrews.

Reactions: johnmpsu
How many good seasons did he have? Would have gone to one NCAA. He was the NIT king a few years so he's got that going for him, which is nice.
one that got canceled
he had the same results as ed dechellis with much better talent. I don't know how anyone thinks that was remotely good

I'm not saying he was the next coming of Krzyzewski. I'm just saying that he improved recruiting. He brought in players like Carr, Stevens, Watkins, and Reaves. He had NIT success and would have had an NCAA team if not for Covid. The team would have probably been good again last year if not for the coaching change and associated transfers (Brockington, Jones). It seems obvious that he had PSU moving in a positive direction. I'm not saying he was elite or better than Shrews.
Ed DeChellis also won the NIT and went to one Ncaa tournament in 8 years, which is identical to what pat did. but ed was a bad recruiter for the most part. so what does that say about chambers as a coach?

Reactions: bison13
Ed DeChellis also won the NIT and went to one Ncaa tournament in 8 years, which is identical to what pat did. but ed was a bad recruiter for the most part. so what does that say about chambers as a coach?
I think we can all agree that Chambers was a decent recruiter and poor X’s and O’s guy.

I think we can all agree that Chambers was a decent recruiter and poor X’s and O’s guy.
yes i would say he was an extremely good recruiter and a total zero on Xs and Os

ed was the reverse

this is what we have gotten until now

And you have no idea how Shrews will do next year without Pickett, Wynter, Lundy, Dread, Funk. I expect a pretty tough year unless we can get at least two very good portal transfers.

2020 would have been and NCAA team if not for Covid. I think 2021 would have been an NCAA team if Pat wasn't fired. Pickett, Harrar, Lundy, Dread, Brockington , Wheeler, Jones, Buttrick. Of course maybe we wouldn't have had Pickett if we had all the others but it's still a pretty good lineup.

And you have no idea how Shrews will do next year without Pickett, Wynter, Lundy, Dread, Funk. I expect a pretty tough year unless we can get at least two very good portal transfers.

2020 would have been and NCAA team if not for Covid. I think 2021 would have been an NCAA team if Pat wasn't fired. Pickett, Harrar, Lundy, Dread, Brockington , Wheeler, Jones, Buttrick. Of course maybe we wouldn't have had Pickett if we had all the others but it's still a pretty good lineup.
so what? 2023 is an NCAA team (for real, not would have been)

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT