ADVERTISEMENT

Penn St. Lehigh

Not sure why we sent steen out…read somewhere that it was a last minute decision…..not sure what’s going on with Howard…..something still seems off with him, he many never be right again, hopefully he surprises me….just wait to lightning Luke gets in the lineup
That may be more difficult than previously thought. Apparently steen is improving

Reactions: Ski and mn78psu83
I can't imagine MM has much of a cut if any to make 165. I think most would even argue he's undersized if anything for the weight.
If I have to hear about a 165 pounder looking undersized one more time I'm poking my eye out with a wooden cooking spoon

• Haha
Reactions: billrag
Yeah, I had to watch the BTN broadcast to understand that one--was not aware at all.

Edit: I asked my brother who's a ref, and he supplied this admittedly limited illustration from one of his materials:
I thought the official said it’s illegal when the head is trapped beneath, and nothing to do with center vs. side lock per se.

I believe it , can’t imagine what the appeal is to stick around for another year. At some point it is a relief to move on
He has the chance to be the only Five Timer, perhaps ever. I say "ever" because I don't think they'll grant an additional competition year in the future ever again, regardless of the circumstance.

In hindsight (for wrestling), any additional year should have been granted to all those who qualified for 2020 nationals and no others. Each 2020 winter and spring sport should have been handled individually instead of the carte blanche approach thrown at 2021 athlete's. Fall 2020 and winter and spring 2021 sports had seasons, albeit with little or no fans, but the athlete's were allowed to compete per ncaa rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski
We had a blast!!! Roar is the mayor of Rec Hall. Nerf is the coolest kid scooting around. Hockeygod has sophisticated taste. Tennessee is still looking for a ride. And Paul is still looking for a Bo bobblehead and is the best driver in the world!!!

How about Browny driving in from the Burg just to help out selling merchandise for the PSWC and to buy Paul and I a couple of waters.
And @tikk10 taking photos, though we did not get a chance to chat.

He has the chance to be the only Five Timer, perhaps ever. I say "ever" because I don't think they'll grant an additional competition year in the future ever again, regardless of the circumstance.

In hindsight (for wrestling), any additional year should have been granted to all those who qualified for 2020 nationals and no others. Each 2020 winter and spring sport should have been handled individually instead of the carte blanche approach throw at 2021 athlete's Fall 2020 and winter and spring 2021 sports had seasons, albeit with little or no fans, but the athlete's were allowed to compete per ncaa rule.
Well aware of this but in my mind a fifth title adds 0 to his legacy. In the same way Kolls and Uetake 3 titles don’t place them under the four timers in my mind because they never had that 4th shot. It could be Carter feels his legacy isn’t improved by a fifth title.

We had a blast!!! Roar is the mayor of Rec Hall. Nerf is the coolest kid scooting around. Hockeygod has sophisticated taste. Tennessee is still looking for a ride. And Paul is still looking for a Bo bobblehead and is the best driver in the world!!!

How about Browny driving in from the Burg just to help out selling merchandise for the PSWC and to buy Paul and I a couple of waters.
I will say it again, but those of you who are able to attend matches in person are blessed!

No, thats just an asshole. Davis defeated Steen by major decision, while Robbie won also. Steen, as we all agree, has improved from last season. Caels plan was to start either Robbie or Davis, and at the last minute he went with Steen, and had said that was not the plan. I stated ALL OF THESE things as fact, and had opined that I wondered what happened, as had other posters.

This assholes response was to make a comment calling me someones wife. Yep. Asshole, it checks out.
I bet you are barrels of fun to sit next to on a plane.

Would Mesenbrink winning 165 this year be any more shocking than Cenzo winning it in 2017? I get there are two beasts to go through (in addition to many other good wrestlers) but IMar felt like a sure thing in 2017.
If anyone can beat Otoole in the finals other than Carr it's Mitch.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
If I have to hear about a 165 pounder looking undersized one more time I'm poking my eye out with a wooden cooking spoon
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Would Mesenbrink winning 165 this year be any more shocking than Cenzo winning it in 2017? I get there are two beasts to go through (in addition to many other good wrestlers) but IMar felt like a sure thing in 2017.
This is an interesting question. Objectively, it’s probably on par in terms of the magnitude of the upset. To me, I would be less shocked if Mesenbrink does it simply because I’ve seen Cenzo do it already and nothing Cael’s team does will ever really shock me again.

At this point in the season? Cenzo had not yet begun his Revenge Tour.

Watching the recorded dual now… I thought 125 was a very well wrestled match and at 133, Nagao has a great low shot; I suspect more time in the room working from scrambles (“play wrestling”, I think they call it in the room) should help Nagao against Crookham.

Reactions: Sullivan
Watching the recorded dual now… I thought 125 was a very well wrestled match and at 133, Nagao has a great low shot; I suspect more time in the room working from scrambles (“play wrestling”, I think they call it in the room) should help Nagao against Crookham.
Yeah, Steen is improving.

• Haha
Reactions: mcpat
Carr having the bad loss over the weekend makes me wonder if he will ever beat KOT. I think its up to Mitch.
I think Mesenbrink will be giving up most of 10lbs to KOT, 6+ hours after weigh-ins, if they meet in a semi or the final.

Mesenbrink certified BELOW 165, and KOT purportedly has a tough cut to 165.

Okay. If I have to wrestle Mesenbrink, I'm jumping out of the tree.
Is anyone else completely intrigued as why Mesenbrink was called a psycho? I know his pace is crazy, but so was Nolfs and I don't remember him being called nuts. If anything, I may have voted for Carter to be the closest to psycho before that comment. I just wonder what it is. Sleep with eyes open? Drive at night without headlights?

I think Mesenbrink will be giving up most of 10lbs to KOT, 6+ hours after weigh-ins, if they meet in a semi or the final.

Mesenbrink certified BELOW 165, and KOT purportedly has a tough cut to 165.
There are ways of rectifying this problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT