ADVERTISEMENT

Penn St. Lehigh

I think Mesenbrink will be giving up most of 10lbs to KOT, 6+ hours after weigh-ins, if they meet in a semi or the final.

Mesenbrink certified BELOW 165, and KOT purportedly has a tough cut to 165.
Dont get me wrong, I dont think its in the cards this year,but If Bordo picks him to win it all, I will roll with it.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
I favor my guy Carr and firmly believe he can/will win it this year, but as I have said since Messenbrink entered the game he is trouble. He is the one guy every team should have wanted. I know I was blasted on here for saying I think he is a better recruit than Myles Shapiro but I stand by those claims. 3 titles,2 hodge trophies, and several World and Olympic medals are his ceiling. The floor can be next to nothing because the way he wrestles in that psycho over zealous style could always get him pinned or worse yet injured. He deserves the name psycho or Norman or something. He wrestles like he can't believe how lucky he is to get the opportunity and believes this is his last time to ever wrestle.

Ben is pretty honest about his guys and when he mentions Mesenbrink in the same breath as KOT it isn't by mistake. I think he will take a few lumps along the way but his trajectory is still very vertical. The young man is a coach's dream. He is with the best coaches on the planet. Soil/seed//water/sun. It is all there.

I favor my guy Carr and firmly believe he can/will win it this year, but as I have said since Messenbrink entered the game he is trouble. He is the one guy every team should have wanted. I know I was blasted on here for saying I think he is a better recruit than Myles Shapiro but I stand by those claims. 3 titles,2 hodge trophies, and several World and Olympic medals are his ceiling. The floor can be next to nothing because the way he wrestles in that psycho over zealous style could always get him pinned or worse yet injured. He deserves the name psycho or Norman or something. He wrestles like he can't believe how lucky he is to get the opportunity and believes this is his last time to ever wrestle.

Ben is pretty honest about his guys and when he mentions Mesenbrink in the same breath as KOT it isn't by mistake. I think he will take a few lumps along the way but his trajectory is still very vertical. The young man is a coach's dream. He is with the best coaches on the planet. Soil/seed//water/sun. It is all there.
What he said^^

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I think Mesenbrink will be giving up most of 10lbs to KOT, 6+ hours after weigh-ins, if they meet in a semi or the final.

"Tough cut" is music to my ears. I think by now after all these years, we should have seen enough of Cael's teams to favor "possibly undersized" over "has to starve to make weight" in March. I'll gladly sacrifice 10lbs of hoagie weight crammed in for breakfast after weigh ins for fresh and energetic.

The hypothesis has been that the big cut holds the bigger advantage for the smaller guy Friday night relative to Saturday night.

"Tough cut" is music to my ears. I think by now after all these years, we should have seen enough of Cael's teams to favor "possibly undersized" over "has to starve to make weight" in March. I'll gladly sacrifice 10lbs of hoagie weight crammed in for breakfast after weigh ins for fresh and energetic.
Especially on day 3

Askren has said more than once he believes this is KOT’s last year at 165. Going to 174.

What intrigued me is that, in the lead up to the all star match (right after matchups were announced), FRL strongly implied that a “super match” of 2 multiple-title winners was all set but one of the staffs vetoed it. I’d imagine it was KOT/Starocci (almost has to be). The intriguing part would be whether that was gonna be a catch weight or just 174 had it happened.

Askren has said more than once he believes this is KOT’s last year at 165. Going to 174.

What intrigued me is that, in the lead up to the all star match (right after matchups were announced), FRL strongly implied that a “super match” of 2 multiple-title winners was all set but one of the staffs vetoed it. I’d imagine it was KOT/Starocci (almost has to be). The intriguing part would be whether that was gonna be a catch weight or just 174 had it happened.
Think of the NCAA titles that are gonna be at 74 kg OTT in April. 14 off the top of my head.

Reactions: nerfstate
If they all qualify and choose to compete at 74 kg:
Dake 4
Jason 3
Carter 4
O'Toole, Carr, Mesenbrink 4 combined
Cenzo 2
Martinez 2
Lewis 1
Zsin 3
Deakin 1
Also, Burroughs (2). Silly of me to forget Zain in our own room, but goll-llie. And right here in my back yard to boot!

Last edited:
If they all qualify and choose to compete at 74 kg:
Dake 4
Jason 3
Carter 4
O'Toole, Carr, Mesenbrink 4 combined
Cenzo 2
Martinez 2
Lewis 1
Zsin 3
Deakin 1
One of Carr or KOT should have 3 by years end and the other will have 2 right? They both have 2 now IIRC.
I see you gave CS 4, NICE!!

This has to be some kinda record, what a BRACKET.

Has Zain hinted to where he’s going? Did anyone see him eating over Thanksgiving?

One of Carr or KOT should have 3 by years end and the other will have 2 right? They both have 2 now IIRC.
I see you gave CS 4, NICE!!

This has to be some kinda record, what a BRACKET.

Has Zain hinted to where he’s going? Did anyone see him eating over Thanksgiving?

O'Toole has finished 3-1-1 so far. Carr has finished 1-3-2 so far.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT