ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Suhey appearing at PSAA Houston game viewing party

Keyser Soze 16801

Apr 5, 2014
Here is an email sent to PSAA-Houston members today. Please feel free to send the chapter's board an email at psaahouston@yahoo.com if (like me) you find Paul Suhey's appearance to be in bad taste. IMO, he should “retire” his plans to come to the event.

Dear ,

Finally a game where we played well in all three phases! Hopefully this momentum will carry us into a good game against Ohio State!

Just a quick note about the game at Social Junkie this week. They have an event from 3:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m., so there will be an overlap as their event ends and our game starts. We may have to be patient while space opens up for us to sit at tables. A reminder, valet for Penn Staters is free, so please let us know if you encounter any difficulties.

Also, Taylor Mayer and Paul Suhey will be at Social Junkie giving out samples of Suhey Gourmet Peppers to our Penn State group!

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me or another member of the board via psaahouston@yahoo.com.

For the Glory Y'all!

Jen Lemanski '04
President
Penn State - Houston

Reactions: psu1969a
Fortunately there are a lot of gun owners in Texas. Maybe one will go off.

Reactions: Ski
Here is an email sent to PSAA-Houston members today. Please feel free to send the chapter's board an email at psaahouston@yahoo.com if (like me) you find Paul Suhey's appearance to be in bad taste. IMO, he should “retire” his plans to come to the event.

Dear ,

Finally a game where we played well in all three phases! Hopefully this momentum will carry us into a good game against Ohio State!

Just a quick note about the game at Social Junkie this week. They have an event from 3:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m., so there will be an overlap as their event ends and our game starts. We may have to be patient while space opens up for us to sit at tables. A reminder, valet for Penn Staters is free, so please let us know if you encounter any difficulties.

Also, Taylor Mayer and Paul Suhey will be at Social Junkie giving out samples of Suhey Gourmet Peppers to our Penn State group!

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me or another member of the board via psaahouston@yahoo.com.

For the Glory Y'all!

Jen Lemanski '04
President
Penn State - Houston

I think I would just let Jen L know that a guy like Suhey ought not to be an invited guest, there to peddle his "product" (assuming I am interpreting that letter properly). But I don't think I'd make any more of an issue about it with her than that.
Based on how she reacts would tell you whether or not she has what it takes to serve as a Chapter President.

What I would do, assuming you are attending the event, is make sure that everyone there knows just who he is, and just what he did/does, and see that he is treated appropriately......given his track record of "service to Penn State". :)

Reactions: Ski and Zenophile
What is the Houston Chapter thinking? Allowing one of many Judas(es) to appear at a PSUAA event? The sorry SOB personally pleaded with Erickson to do whatever it takes to remove the statue.

I'll be sending an email to the Houston Chapter President et al advising / reminding them what a dumb ass decision this is. Suhey needs to take his peppers and check them as extra baggage on his flight home.

Attached is a link to the Houston Chapter's list of Officers. Email them (via liberal use iof the CC feature ) with your opinions.

http://www.psuhouston.org/chapter-information.html

Last edited:
What is the Houston Chapter thinking? Allowing one of many Judas(es) to appear at a PSUAA event? The sorry SOB personally pleaded with Erickson to do whatever it takes to remove the statue.

I'll be sending an email to the Houston Chapter President et al advising / reminding them what a dumb ass decision this is. Suhey needs to take his peppers and check them as extra baggage on his flight home.

Attached is a link to the Houston Chapter's list of Officers. Email them (via liberal use iof the CC feature ) with your opinions.

http://www.psuhouston.org/chapter-information.html
Thanks for the link PPB.

My e-mail was sent via the link provided......as follows:

Hello.
I am a Penn Stater (2X Grad), and a lifetime PSU AA member...but I do not reside in the Houston area (I reside in Central PA....in State College, just a few miles from campus)
So, maybe my opinion doesn't mean much (or anything), but it has come to my attention that Paul Suhey (another State College resident) is an invited guest at your chapter's game watch party.

[And, as I understand it, he is using this "opportunity" to peddle his products to Penn Staters?]

This is the same Paul Suhey who directed Rod Erickson to "Take down the statue.....take your tractor over to the stadium and haul it back to your farm if you have to"? Is that right?
The same Paul Suhey who was part of the Board of Scoundrels in November 2011?
The same guy who made one inane statement after another (I am sure you are aware of some of them....including the "Retired early" nonsense), before being soundly rejected by PSU Alumni when he tried to remain in control of the BOT seat?
This guy is your special guest?

Now, I know just how shameless and gutless Paul Suhey is......but I would hope that the leadership of a PSU AA Chapter would be a bit more selective in who the invite in as a guest of the Chapter.

Dear ,

For the Glory Y'all!

Jen Lemanski '04
President
Penn State - Houston

Silver lining: This will be a great opportunity for Penn Staters in the Houston area to tell Suhey what they think of him to his face.

I wonder who's paying his freight to get there.

Wouldn't it be funny if someone printed out his emails and handed them out as flyers? Or enlarged them for a poster board?

Carpet

Dear ,

For the Glory Y'all!

Jen Lemanski '04
President
Penn State - Houston
carpetbagger, his medical career must be flourishing

If I lived in Houston, I would attend wearing my "409 ALL TIME WINNINGEST COACH" T-shirt, aka my "Giant F-ck You Shirt".

Reactions: simons96
Matt Suhey on JVP the Saturday after he was fired,"he has been nothing but extraordinary to me and my family and he has nothing but my support." I think Paul Suhey was adopted.

All,
This is the email I sent to the chapter. Please accept my apology for the mistakes I made this evening.

The tasting has been cancelled and the appropriate notification has been given to Taylor.
I made a mistake (a big one!) in that I did not know enough about Paul Suhey's actions. I also made the mistake of not sharing in the email that it is actually his son, with the same name who has now moved to Houston for a full time job and is selling the Suhey Peppers on the side. When he and Taylor reached out, I did not do my due diligence beyond thinking of helping fellow Penn Staters with a business.

For these mistakes you have my whole hearted apology. I also apologize for the miscommunication about who would be at our event. I should have been more clear in my email.

Again, I appreciate you reaching out and I hope to regain your trust. I will be at the game tomorrow if you would like to discuss this with me in person or my personal email is jlemanski@gmail.com. Please contact me if you would like to have further conversation.

Thank you for you understanding and your commitment to making sure the chapter is doing the right things.

Jen Lemanski

All,
This is the email I sent to the chapter. Please accept my apology for the mistakes I made this evening.

The tasting has been cancelled and the appropriate notification has been given to Taylor.
I made a mistake (a big one!) in that I did not know enough about Paul Suhey's actions. I also made the mistake of not sharing in the email that it is actually his son, with the same name who has now moved to Houston for a full time job and is selling the Suhey Peppers on the side. When he and Taylor reached out, I did not do my due diligence beyond thinking of helping fellow Penn Staters with a business.

For these mistakes you have my whole hearted apology. I also apologize for the miscommunication about who would be at our event. I should have been more clear in my email.

Again, I appreciate you reaching out and I hope to regain your trust. I will be at the game tomorrow if you would like to discuss this with me in person or my personal email is jlemanski@gmail.com. Please contact me if you would like to have further conversation.

Thank you for you understanding and your commitment to making sure the chapter is doing the right things.

Jen Lemanski
Your forthrightedness and responsiveness are sincerely appreciated. The lesson for us all is that actions, however intended, have consequences.

It's admirable that a young Suhey is entrepreurial, and as PSU'ers we wish him success, but given the actions of Paul Suhey (father) my best advice is for the lad to sit down with his father and seek guidance as to how the Suhey name (less Matt and Steve) can be made less "toxic".

Thanks Paul (aka Judas).

Last edited:
All,

Jen Lemanski

Jen, thank you for your display of integrity in this matter

All,

Jen Lemanski
Way to stand up Jen. Glad you are a proud PSU Alum!

It is admirable that Jen did the right thing, but her e-mail to the chapter says "I made a mistake (a big one!) in that I did not know enough about Paul Suhey's actions". She is the chapter President. How is this possible? This shows you how far we still have to go in educating people.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
Very glad to see that this situation seems to have led to productive discussion.

Having said that, whatever event the Houston Chapter would choose to host and/or whatever guest they may choose to invite & feature is NOT subject to the approval of

-Twitter users
-The McAndrew Board members
-Facebook users
-Current board of trustee members
-MySpace users
-Former board of trustee members

If you'd like to make an impact on decisions like this, the best means for doing so is to become an active member of your local alumni group.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Very glad to see that this situation seems to have led to productive discussion.

Having said that, whatever event the Houston Chapter would choose to host and/or whatever guest they may choose to invite & feature is NOT subject to the approval of

-Twitter users
-The McAndrew Board members
-Facebook users
-Current board of trustee members
-MySpace users
-Former board of trustee members

If you'd like to make an impact on decisions like this, the best means for doing so is to become an active member of your local alumni group.

Does anyone still use MySpace?

It is admirable that Jen did the right thing, but her e-mail to the chapter says "I made a mistake (a big one!) in that I did not know enough about Paul Suhey's actions". She is the chapter President. How is this possible? This shows you how far we still have to go in educating people.

In all fairness, suhey has not been a highly visible figure in all of this. He was vocal for a brief period, and then he disappeared. It would have been easy for someone to have missed his "we retired him three weeks early" interview.

We're here every day ruminating on the evil acts of the bot and EXPRESSING. OUR. OUTRAGE. :eek: , but the fact is that many Penn Staters do not dwell on what happened. That's not to say that they have simply moved on. I know Penn Staters who are disgusted by the way Joe was treated, but at the same time, they do not follow every development.

Last edited:
I'm glad the message is finally making it all the way up to these people's ivory towers and letting them know that despite what dear aunt karen said, people aren't going to forget about who betrayed penn state.

Silver lining here at that a whole chapter will be educated on what Paul did and how he abandoned psu....but his family will come back when it's time to make money from penn staters.

Reactions: simons96
Way to stand up Jen. Glad you are a proud PSU Alum!

Baloney. Why should Paul Suhey Jr pay the price for his father's alleged transgressions? She should have been clearer that it was Paul Jr who would be there but she certainly shouldn't have cancelled the tasting. He did nothing wrong and she shouldn't have caved to the pitchfork bearers.

Reactions: Zenophile
Baloney. Why should Paul Suhey Jr pay the price for his father's alleged transgressions? She should have been clearer that it was Paul Jr who would be there but she certainly shouldn't have cancelled the tasting. He did nothing wrong and she shouldn't have caved to the pitchfork bearers.

Sins of the fathers.

Throughout history, this is how humanity has learned many things.

All,

Jen Lemanski

Jen, The Houston Chapter is well-served by you. Best wishes.

Tell that to Sue and Jay

The father will bear the profits. Glad she did what she did. He can "stuff" his peppers.

Right up his joola.

I'm shedding a single tear. This is truly a tragedy on a grand scale.

FG -

I hear what you are saying (and, I agree, the more "educating" we do, the better)

But, wrt Jen specifically:

People reached out to inform her
She listened with an open mind and open ears
She made the right decision

Kudos to Jen

More casualties of the bot's actions. I feel bad for the kid, but its his father's fault. Of course with his thought process, he'll probably blame someone else.

Dear ,

For the Glory Y'all!

Jen Lemanski '04
President
Penn State - Houston

Letter sent as requested. May the 11/09/11 cabal rot in hell.

So you managed to intimidate a young Penn Stater who is dedicating a lot of her time to promoting Penn State and camaraderie in the Houston area. Congratulate yourself while you pump your chest. All this resulting in the cancellation of a football party for fellow Penn Stater's here in Houston as you display ignorance of Paul Suhey's family. Way to go...

Lar, I was almost with you, but then I found Junior's Facebook page, which indicates his job in Houston is with... Wait for it... MERCK.

If he's going to benefit from daddy and Uncle Kenny, then he can suffer with them as well. Goes both ways!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT