ADVERTISEMENT

Most Respected Opposing Team Wrestler in Cael Era

Who is the most respected opposing team wrestler in the Cael era?

• Mike Kemerer

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Hayden Hidlay

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Bryce Adronian

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • David Carr

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Jacob Warner

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Other (please specify and I will add untill choices are full)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Kyle Snyder

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Alex Marinelli

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Quinn Kinner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyle Dake

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters
The Hidaly interview was fantastic and I absolutely loved it. But of the guys that I love to watch wrestle and I wished were part of the PSU family - I’d throw out KOT as one to consider. If we are talking full body of work - Jordan Burroughs.

How about Mason Beckman? Oh, you said "wrestler", I thought you meant "hater" 😂

Trent Hidlay deserves much, much more credit. Brooks is 100% gonna have to wrestle to win!

He is doing every thing Aaron is, and on the same level. He is solid this year, stronger and more motivated. This match I can't wait to see!

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
The Hidaly interview was fantastic and I absolutely loved it. But of the guys that I love to watch wrestle and I wished were part of the PSU family - I’d throw out KOT as one to consider. If we are talking full body of work - Jordan Burroughs.
Still not correct. Third time is a charm. 😁

Trent Hidlay deserves much, much more credit. Brooks is 100% gonna have to wrestle to win!

He is doing every thing Aaron is, and on the same level. He is solid this year, stronger and more motivated. This match I can't wait to see!
Will Hidlay have his ass halfway out of bounds for half the match this year or will he actually engage Aaron in the center

I always considered Gabe Dean to be a high level/high class guy on and off of the mat. Jacob Warner is a legit great guy and humble to a fault. Cam Caffey from MSU not the most accomplished guy but if you ever get a chance to visit with him please take the time. Wicked smart and super engaging.

Maybe I should have said “well liked” instead of “respected”.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Jacob Warner’s mom? Wait, i dont think she counts.

How about Sammy Brooks but only for his mullet interview.

My serious answer would probably be David Carr.

I would also consider Gabe Dean, but mostly because I met him in the ice cream line at Carver prior to watching his brother bow and arrow Warner into submission. A heck of a nice guy!

Last edited:
I think Gilman deserves at least an honorable mention. He had a bad reputation when he was a Hawk, but something really changed in him after he joined the NLWC. He’s won over a lot of previous detractors, and he’s also developed a very strong kinship with both past and current PSU wrestlers.
His tweet about YD was un-called for. He dropped a few pegs on my respect list.

Nick Gwiazdowski, he helped us win our 2014 Natty taking out Tony Nelson and helped clothe many 3rd world countries.
That was my first time at Nationals, what a Saturday night! Ate at Mickey Mantle’s steak house between sessions that Saturday- best steak I’ve ever had! then I walked through the Minnesota team hotel and saw the poster on the wall promoting how to buy National Championship t-shirts. Then Dylan Ness & Tony Nelson lose while Taylor & Ruth win and we win the 4 th Natty in a row!

Being there for that finals ranks right up there with being in Cleveland to see Bo’s “no big deal” pin of Martin in 2018. Two memories I’ll cherish forever! We are privileged to be spectators of the monster Cael and company have created!

Fun & gratitude are two wonderful things!

When I saw Hayden Hidlays interview after his last ncaa tourney I really gained boatloads of respect for him. Having brothers I could relate.. here's the interview if you haven't seen it...

"I want to see Trent win more than I want to see myself win. I would take 100 losses just so he could win"

That quote tugs on the heart strings hard.

My God, I know everything worked out for the best but the Hidlay brothers would have been such a good fit for the Penn State culture and room (know they're good friends with a few of our wrestlers which makes sense)

"I want to see Trent win more than I want to see myself win. I would take 100 losses just so he could win"

That quote tugs on the heart strings hard.

My God, I know everything worked out for the best but the Hidlay brothers would have been such a good fit for the Penn State culture and room (know they're good friends with a few of our wrestlers which makes sense)
As you posted, it all worked out for the best. The Hidlays have been a big part of a top program at a great place to go to school. We've had a few all-timers at their weights while they competed. I think everybody's really happy how things turned out and we all rooted for the Hidlays when they weren't wrestling against PSU.

Last edited:
As you posted, it all worked out for the best. The Hidlays have been a big part of a top program at a great place to go to school. We've had a few all-timers at their weights while they competed. I think everybody's really happy how things turned out and we all rooted for the Hidlays when they weren't wearing against PSU.
Yup unfortunately far too often (because they are damn good and make it there) they were against PSU in high profile matches. 3 times for Hayden at NCAAs, 3 times for Trent and looking like a good chance for a 4th.

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT