ADVERTISEMENT

Last Chance OTT Qualifier - April 7

nerds GIF

Mirasola loses to McDanel. McDanel is super tough. At Nebraska and was on the U20 world team last year. Was 3-0 with :05 left and McDanel got a 4 at the buzzer

Bassett keeps jumping levels. I thought Valencia was the definite favorite at that weight and Bo took him before teching a past ncaa national champ. Quite impressive. Really hope to see him at PSU

Tough loss for Sealey. I think he has beaten Yayha before but Iā€™m not positive on that

Think we should see Knox vs Desmond on the backside. A match I am very interested in

Reactions: diggerpup
Christian Carroll takes out Warnerov 8-7. He looks good down at 97kg and looks like a threat at 197 next year
Well, Cole Mirasola just lost, but not all bad for the youngsters. Some enlightened took offense to my opinion that Cole wouldn't be very effective at HVY. They countered with outliers like Snyder and Gable. but poor argument in my opinion.

I love how Cole wrestles, but size will be an issue against the elites.

Just FS, but I don't see folk being much different at the elite level.

Will respectively debate.

But on a serious note... I was at a local FS Open yesterday... 3 pretty tough athletes got grouped up, and they're training new refs in. It isn't the weekend to get worked up about calls...

2 of the killers are wrestling. Obviously, there's a bit more handfighting and checking reactions than say 2 green kids who can barely walk and chew bubblegum. We get deep on a Hi-C, opponent chestwraps us. We drop our lock like a dipshit, and he throws us through for 4... Absolutely correct call... HOWEVER, as we continue through the 1st 3min period, we then get called for passivity, put on clock, and they award the opponent a point. I fully understand that passivity isn't stalling, but we're the only ones taking risk to score, aside from the 1 chest wrap (which doesn't ****ing happen if we don't attack first in the hi-c).

Match ends, and I calmly (passive-aggressively) ask why we were put on clock in the 1st. This ref has been around for a minute, but I don't think he's from our home state. He proceeds to tell me "because blue wasn't scoring, and this is the way we've been instructed to call it." At this point, all calmness has been evaporated. I told the ref that made no sense, and if that were the case, every kid's goal should be to score early and sit because the losing athlete hasn't scored yet and therefore they're automatically passive. Everyone who isn't winning is passive.

I'm really rather calm at spring tournaments, but this was the dumbest shit I'd ever heard.

Bo is a special talent. The camp may tell the coach but will string the public along until he is a senior.
I recall guys saying stuff like, ā€œwait until the other kids mature a little, he wonā€™t be able to horse people around and his game might need to change if he wants to keep winning.ā€

He horsed around Ashnault for sure. Really amazing.

Well, Cole Mirasola just lost, but not all bad for the youngsters. Some enlightened took offense to my opinion that Cole wouldn't be very effective at HVY. They countered with outliers like Snyder and Gable. but poor argument in my opinion.

I love how Cole wrestles, but size will be an issue against the elites.

Just FS, but I don't see folk being much different at the elite level.

Will respectively debate.
So, hold up, you are saying that he will never get bigger? Didn't Kerkvliet arrive at Penn State around 225 pounds or so? What is Cole weighing walking around at? 220? I would make a guess and say that he probably can eventually get up to 240 or so. That's not debate, because it's in the future, but we do have an example of a heavyweight at Penn State going from 225 to 255, don't we?

Bobby: Hello Bo, This is Bobby Telford with Iowa.
Bo: Dude why are you calling me?
Bobby: I thought maybe you'd consider Iowa, wasn't sure if you heard but we are getting a tunnel..
Bo: Dude that's great but I'm not interested..
Bobby: Ok, I'll still send you my business card it's all shiny and really nice, but understood but can you tell me why??
Bo: Dude, this is Bo Nickal not Bassett you should have called me 7 years ago...
Bobby: Damn, Ok then I'll let you think about it...

So, hold up, you are saying that he will never get bigger? Didn't Kerkvliet arrive at Penn State around 225 pounds or so? What is Cole weighing walking around at? 220? I would make a guess and say that he probably can eventually get up to 240 or so. That's not debate, because it's in the future, but we do have an example of a heavyweight at Penn State going from 225 to 255, don't we?
Not only will Mirsaola never gain weight at PSU, but Cael can't coach heavies.

We're double doomed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT