ADVERTISEMENT

Just On KDKA, Boyd Suspended.

Translation:

I can't support my own argument anymore, so I decided to purposefully deviate from the topic by childishly lashing out.

He supported it well. Missing games is alway the harshest punishment outside of getting kicked off the team.

It just the holier then thou attitude that many Penn State fans have. No matter what you say they will insist that what ever punishment they received at Penn State was greater and harsher then any other school. No matter what another school had done Penn State would done more. They can't handle the fact that at times Joe was harsh on some guys and other guys got no punishment. It is why so many fans took pleasure in the Sandusky scandal. When you constantly tell everyone your so much better then them they take such delight when the skeleton come out of the closest.

Agreed for the most part.

My point is: On the surface, Boyd gets suspended for one game, the opener, for an underage DUI. By all appearances, the kid hasn't been a problem off (or on) the field at Pitt. Yet, people here act like Pitt should've thrown the book at the guy and laugh that the suspension is for YSU.

We too have guys who got DUIs. They were not suspended. To have someone comment about one of them possibly missing the Blue-White game is just laughable. Our guys may very well have had other punishments, but the fact of the matter is........they didn't miss games. With that said, I'm sure there are times when our guys have missed games for the same (or similar) transgressions.

It just the holier then thou attitude that many Penn State fans have. No matter what you say they will insist that what ever punishment they received at Penn State was greater and harsher then any other school. No matter what another school had done Penn State would done more. They can't handle the fact that at times Joe was harsh on some guys and other guys got no punishment. It is why so many fans took pleasure in the Sandusky scandal. When you constantly tell everyone your so much better then them they take such delight when the skeleton come out of the closest.

There was no "skeleton", except in your mind and others of your ilk.

He supported it well. Missing games is alway the harshest punishment outside of getting kicked off the team.

The discussion wasn't about what the harshest punishments are, so thanks for wasting our time with that part of your post. But he didn't support his argument well. As already stated, apparently you missed it... It's an apples to oranges comparison. Only one of the PSU players was underage. The other two are not. The links don't delve in to what other punishments they received, for example... did they sit out the blue/white game? While not the same as a regular season game, still something the players look forward to. Since reinforcement is best when it is timely, maybe it made more sense to sit out the B/W game instead of waiting for the season? The links don't compare their respective roles on the team, Boyd is THE star player on Pitt. The PSU guys played much different roles, so maybe other punishment was more appropriate? (i.e. sitting out a game for a backup fullback isn't much punishment). I've never said he was wrong, only for him to provide objective evidence to support his point. Approach life with an open mind, you might learn something.

The discussion wasn't about what the harshest punishments are, so thanks for wasting our time with that part of your post. But he didn't support his argument well. As already stated, apparently you missed it... It's an apples to oranges comparison. Only one of the PSU players was underage. The other two are not. The links don't delve in to what other punishments they received, for example... did they sit out the blue/white game? While not the same as a regular season game, still something the players look forward to. Since reinforcement is best when it is timely, maybe it made more sense to sit out the B/W game instead of waiting for the season? The links don't compare their respective roles on the team, Boyd is THE star player on Pitt. The PSU guys played much different roles, so maybe other punishment was more appropriate? (i.e. sitting out a game for a backup fullback isn't much punishment). I've never said he was wrong, only for him to provide objective evidence to support his point. Approach life with an open mind, you might learn something.

Well, let's take your arguement down again.

Troutman was the only guy over age 21.

Quarless was 19 (read the above linked story), and Zordich wasn't 21 yet (since you're too dumb to look up links yourself, he was born in October 1989 and arrested in April 2010; http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16444/michael-zordich).

So, we have two guys who got underage DUIs......and you're questioning if they missed a practice (i.e. the Blue-White Game)? Yes, you're right.....there are apples and oranges being compared here.

Who cares if Boyd is the star player at his position? He's missing a game. We have two role players (at the time anyway) who didn't miss anything.

Go ahead......try again.

My point is: On the surface, Boyd gets suspended for one game, the opener, for an underage DUI. By all appearances, the kid hasn't been a problem off (or on) the field at Pitt. Yet, people here act like Pitt should've thrown the book at the guy and laugh that the suspension is for YSU.

People act like Pitt fans would act. It is feigned outrage, mocking their fans in a Tongue in Cheek manner. It's throwing the things they say right back at them because it's fun. I get that you are new here, but maybe observe more and post less until you see how things work.

We too have guys who got DUIs. They were not suspended. To have someone comment about one of them possibly missing the Blue-White game is just laughable. Our guys may very well have had other punishments, but the fact of the matter is........they didn't miss games. With that said, I'm sure there are times when our guys have missed games for the same (or similar) transgressions.

Dodge, Dodge, Dodge.

Missing B/W game was one of many examples of possible punishments that could have been more timely than waiting for the season to start. The point is, you don't consider what other possible punishments they received. You also don't consider how their roles on the team can impact the effectiveness of the punishment. For a backup, missing the B/W game, where their family will get to see them play a lot, it could be huge. Maybe in addition to that they have to run hundreds of extra laps. Missing an actual game that they might get 2 snaps in, might not be a big punishment at all, it might be preferred! But your mind is closed to those possibilities.

People act like Pitt fans would act. It is feigned outrage, mocking their fans in a Tongue in Cheek manner. It's throwing the things they say right back at them because it's fun. I get that you are new here, but maybe observe more and post less until you see how things work.

Dodge, Dodge, Dodge.

Missing B/W game was one of many examples of possible punishments that could have been more timely than waiting for the season to start. The point is, you don't consider what other possible punishments they received. You also don't consider how their roles on the team can impact the effectiveness of the punishment. For a backup, missing the B/W game, where their family will get to see them play a lot, it could be huge. Maybe in addition to that they have to run hundreds of extra laps. Missing an actual game that they might get 2 snaps in, might not be a big punishment at all, it might be preferred! But your mind is closed to those possibilities.

1- I'm not new here. If you can't figure out my other username, I can't help you.

2- It's not dodging. You have a hardon for Pitt and are making excuses for our players not missing a single game.

Well, let's take your arguement down again.

Troutman was the only guy over age 21.

Quarless was 19 (read the above linked story), and Zordich wasn't 21 yet (since you're too dumb to look up links yourself, he was born in October 1989 and arrested in April 2010; http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16444/michael-zordich).

So, we have two guys who got underage DUIs......and you're questioning if they missed a practice (i.e. the Blue-White Game)? Yes, you're right.....there are apples and oranges being compared here.

Who cares if Boyd is the star player at his position? He's missing a game. We have two role players (at the time anyway) who didn't miss anything.

Go ahead......try again.

In addition to spelling, I see that reading comprehension is not your strong point I guess. I see you missed where I said "I did a quick scan... Boyd was underage, best I can tell only Quarless was underage." I also told you I wasn't going to waste my time making your "arguement" for you. So essentially you just wasted your time to prove what I told you a few posts ago. BRAVO!

Go ahead... try again. But this time, try to limit the insults. It's a sure sign that someone is losing.

1- I'm not new here. If you can't figure out my other username, I can't help you.

2- It's not dodging. You have a hardon for Pitt and are making excuses for our players not missing a single game.

So you respond to a post about dodging by doing more dodging. You really are in over your head!

What kind of person needs a second alias on a message board... a troll? Thanks for clarifying your true intention.

So you respond to a post about dodging by doing more dodging. You really are in over your head!

What kind of person needs a second alias on a message board... a troll? Thanks for clarifying your true intention.

No--just one who gets banned for calling out Free Jerry and Pitt idiots like yourself.

No--just one who gets banned for calling out Free Jerry and Pitt idiots like yourself.

Yes, I'm a Pitt idiot. That's why I often make fun of their fans. Maybe you should try to understand why you were banned and learn something from it, as opposed to just signing up for a new name and carrying on. Obviously you have some anger management issues, and when you couple that with your inability to make a coherent argument, it's going to upset people. Maybe the internet isn't for you?

If you'd like to continue to try and prove your point, start by addressing this:

But I completely understand if you want to bow out.

Yes, I'm a Pitt idiot. That's why I often make fun of their fans. Maybe you should try to understand why you were banned and learn something from it, as opposed to just signing up for a new name and carrying on. Obviously you have some anger management issues, and when you couple that with your inability to make a coherent argument, it's going to upset people. Maybe the internet isn't for you?

If you'd like to continue to try and prove your point, start by addressing this:

But I completely understand if you want to bow out.

It's not even worth addressing.

It's not a game, it's a practice......and Troutman, who was a bona fide starter, didn't miss any time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT