ADVERTISEMENT

Just On KDKA, Boyd Suspended.

Definitely setting the bar high for player discipline. YSU is not a pushover for Pitt.

The spread just moved to a Pick Em.

I don't think that Pitt will take Youngstown State lightly. As recently as Sept. 2, 2012, Youngstown State spoiled Paul Chryst's debut with a 31-17 upset victory over Pitt

I said from the beginning that a two-gamer seemed like a fair penalty. Boyd is a good guy and has never been in any trouble. At the same time, he made an extremely serious error which to me demands a serious cost. Sitting out one against a 1-AA seems too light.

At the same time, TB is going to be paying salty for his lawyer, fine, costs, school, etc. He'll be paying a ton on his auto insurance for a long while. He'll have plenty next year, but for now it's a big burden for he and his family.

Let's hope he learned his lesson. Allegheny County treated him exactly like any other first-time underage DUI with a clean record, no accident, injuries etc. which is precisely how it should have been handled. He was eligible for ARD and that's what he got.

Anyone remember how JVP handled Tony Johnson when he got pinched?

Seems more then fair to me. It was the off season and it would not have been an issue if it was two month later because he was under the legal legal limit for those over 21. I seen Penn State players get DUI and never sit a game.

Seems more then fair to me. It was the off season and it would not have been an issue if it was two month later because he was under the legal legal limit for those over 21. I seen Penn State players get DUI and never sit a game.

Link?

Suspending a kid from a game months after an incident is ludicrous. I don't care whether it is pitt, psu or tOsu. It's not a deterrent. Its just for show.

Suspending a kid from a game months after an incident is ludicrous. I don't care whether it is pitt, psu or tOsu. It's not a deterrent. Its just for show.

O.K. It's a not a deterrent. They should kick him off the team.

This is the first Pitt game after the incident came to light. LeVeon Bell went a full season before his suspension for his indiscretions took place.

I disagree that the suspension is just for show. Pitt will be handicapped for the Youngstown State game and the game is not a gimme. There is no question in my mind on whether or not this suspension is a deterrent.

This is the first Pitt game after the incident came to light. LeVeon Bell went a full season before his suspension for his indiscretions took place.

I disagree that the suspension is just for show. Pitt will be handicapped for the Youngstown State game and the game is not a gimme. There is no question in my mind on whether or not this suspension is a deterrent.

Excuse me? YSU is not a "gimme"? YSU is not even a div 1-a team. They are part of the s Missouri Valley Conference. This means that they are below MAC level competition. Their next two games after Pitt are Robert Morris and St. Francis. Even in that lower conference, they went 4-4 (7-5 overall).

Maybe nothing for Pitt, today, is a "gimme" but YSU is about as a Gimme as you can possibly expect.

Link? Or should I just take your word for it?

Well, since you're too lazy, let me help you out:

Troutman was arrested in January 2011. Per game logs from Nittany Anthology, he started every game during the 2011 season.

Zordich was arrested in April 2010 for DUI, after a previous underage drinking citation. He participated in every game during the corresponding season. He was not the starter (Suhey was), but didn't miss a game.

Quarless was arrested in March 2008 for DUI, and played in every game except for Oregon State during the corresponding season. He was not a starter, but logged time in all but 1 game.

Next?

Reactions: royboy
Excuse me? YSU is not a "gimme"? YSU is not even a div 1-a team. They are part of the s Missouri Valley Conference. This means that they are below MAC level competition. Their next two games after Pitt are Robert Morris and St. Francis. Even in that lower conference, they went 4-4 (7-5 overall).

Maybe nothing for Pitt, today, is a "gimme" but YSU is about as a Gimme as you can possibly expect.

I agree that Pitt should win this game handily even without Tyler Boyd, but Pitt has had problems in recent years with games that they should win handily. In fact, they lost 31-17 to Youngstown State in 2012.

I agree that Pitt should win this game handily even without Tyler Boyd, but Pitt has had problems in recent years with games that they should win handily. In fact, they lost 31-17 to Youngstown State in 2012.

Got it. Fair enough. I recall them losing that game. So I get your point. On the other hand, that is clearly the easiest game on their schedule so if you've got to suspend a key player for a game, that'd be the game I'd choose.

Well, since you're too lazy, let me help you out:

Troutman was arrested in January 2011. Per game logs from Nittany Anthology, he started every game during the 2011 season.

Zordich was arrested in April 2010 for DUI, after a previous underage drinking citation. He participated in every game during the corresponding season. He was not the starter (Suhey was), but didn't miss a game.

Quarless was arrested in March 2008 for DUI, and played in every game except for Oregon State during the corresponding season. He was not a starter, but logged time in all but 1 game.

Next?

Again... link? Just because you typed it doesn't make it true. It very well may be, but how do I know? For all I know you are comparing apples and oranges.

Calling me lazy because I don't feel the need to prove your point for you is pretty ironic. Especially when you've been asked multiple times for objective evidence (i.e. "link?") that proves your point, but are too lazy to provide it.

Reactions: ralpieE
I bet you would be the first to say suspending from spring practice is not a deterrent. What do you suggest would be the proper way to handle it?

Reactions: SteveMasters
Again... link? Just because you typed it doesn't make it true. It very well may be, but how do I know? For all I know you are comparing apples and oranges.

Calling me lazy because I don't feel the need to prove your point for you is pretty ironic. Especially when you've been asked multiple times for objective evidence (i.e. "link?") that proves your point, but are too lazy to provide it.

Here you go--can't wait for the next excuse or question.

Quarless:
http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2008/3/6/155528/7697
Participation: http://www.nittanyanthology.com/08-Participation.doc
Starters Log: http://www.nittanyanthology.com/08-GameStarters.doc

Zordich:
http://blog.pennlive.com/pasports/2010/04/penn_state_comments_michael_zo.html
Participation: http://www.nittanyanthology.com/10-Participation
Starters Log: http://www.nittanyanthology.com/10-GameStarters.doc

Troutman:
http://www.scout.com/college/penn-state/story/1044759-lion-lineman-charged-with-dui
Participation: http://www.nittanyanthology.com/11-Participation.doc
Starters Log: http://www.nittanyanthology.com/11-GameStarters.doc

If you could produce this in ~10 minutes, why did it take so may requests?

I did a quick scan... Boyd was underage, best I can tell only Quarless was underage. Your links don't delve in to what other punishments they received, for example... did they sit out the blue/white game? Also, a comparison of roles would be nice, Boyd is THE star player on Pitt. The PSU guys played much different roles, so maybe other punishment was more appropriate? (i.e. sitting out a game for a backup fullback isn't much punishment). It's all apples and oranges.

To summarize, you haven't proven your point, just provided more doubt. It's probably best you quit now.

If you could produce this in ~10 minutes, why did it take so may requests?

I did a quick scan... Boyd was underage, best I can tell only Quarless was underage. Your links don't delve in to what other punishments they received, for example... did they sit out the blue/white game? Also, a comparison of roles would be nice, Boyd is THE star player on Pitt. The PSU guys played much different roles, so maybe other punishment was more appropriate? (i.e. sitting out a game for a backup fullback isn't much punishment). It's all apples and oranges.

To summarize, you haven't proven your point, just provided more doubt. It's probably best you quit now.

Translation:

You hate Pitt, and cannot acknowledge that PSU provided no (or minimal) punishment for its own players who were arrested for DUI.

And by the way......your opinion of beer is bullshit.

Translation:

You hate Pitt, and cannot acknowledge that PSU provided no (or minimal) punishment for its own players who were arrested for DUI.

Translation:

I can't support my own argument anymore, so I decided to purposefully deviate from the topic by childishly lashing out.

And by the way......your opinion of beer is bullshit.

Stalker alert! It's always scary when a poster you've never encountered before today seems to have followed you. Sorry I don't have a refined enough palate to enjoy Miller lite or whatever swill you drink! Anyway, it's an opinion, it by definition can't be bullshit genius!

Translation:

It just the holier then thou attitude that many Penn State fans have. No matter what you say they will insist that what ever punishment they received at Penn State was greater and harsher then any other school. No matter what another school had done Penn State would done more. They can't handle the fact that at times Joe was harsh on some guys and other guys got no punishment. It is why so many fans took pleasure in the Sandusky scandal. When you constantly tell everyone your so much better then them they take such delight when the skeleton come out of the closest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT