ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting that Thread "Deniers" can't see the obvious...

Good comments Midnighter. Thank you.

It's interesting to see the individuals who "get it" regarding the real impact of changes and those who can't think clearly or aren't mature enough to appreciate the many impacts.

Some of the "usual suspects" who are less capable of participating in rational discussions on this topic, are some of the same individuals who are too often, less capable of participating in rational discussions on other topics.

• Too often, intolerant, school yard rants and childish name-calling tactics, are silly to everyone but those who make them, because they just don't "get it."
  • Too often, that kind of intolerance grows out of ignorance, inner self-delusions and/or bigoted viewpoints.
  • The world will always have those kinds, who can't rise above it, who can't out grow it or who refuse to remove their blinders.
======

Reasonable people with experience understand what goes into making changes like this and how corporate decisions are made and carried out. Those who sold their management on this system, will dig in and defend it, no matter how bad the outcome. The time for input is generally before those on a narrow mission run the cart off the road.​

So, as you say Midnighter, people will work with what they are given.

=====
The BWI boards have been a rich experience for many...

There has been a strong community developed here. There have been many intelligent, passionate and fun exchanges, among those who are tolerant of changes, but who are clever enough to see the many impacts, both on the football field, in the university, in the community and in individuals' lives.

We've seen major changes in people's lives. We've seen eager boys grow into men, under the guidance of great ones like Joe Paterno, Bill O'Brien and now James Franklin. We've seen young men rise to greatness on and off the field, like Mike Mauti and others who stood strong against the storms.
We've seen heartache and loss, for individuals, for families, for the university and the community.

Some board members have had major health issues and some have passed on from this life. Our own board community has lost some very strong contributors like Shrink, Carol, CBOTKevin/Fun160 and others not named.

Some members share the joys of adding new family members and the sorrow of declines. Many board participants in essence, become an extended "family" among those who are caring.
Together, we have celebrated, encouraged and mourned, through many changes.

• The diversity and richness of expression among reasonable board members is appreciated, among those who are tolerant and who are enriched by a variety of thoughtful viewpoints.
  • When we collectively lose an important method, where many changes and inputs were easily shared and discussed, it diminishes all in the board community.
Those on the outside, those who are intolerant and/or those with narrow agendas, may never understand.

"and the beat goes on... "

giphy.gif

Some of the "usual suspects" who are less capable of participating in rational discussions on this topic, are some of the same individuals who are too often, less capable of participating in rational discussions on other topics.

• Too often, intolerant, school yard rants and childish name-calling tactics, are silly to everyone but those who make them, because they just don't "get it."
  • Too often, that kind of intolerance grows out of ignorance, inner self-delusions and/or bigoted viewpoints.
  • The world will always have those kinds, who can't rise above it, who can't out grow it or who refuse to remove their blinders.

Verily and that description fits some in this thread. They are incapable of taking you on relative to the issue and they are left with their childish personal attacks. At least one such individual seems to respond to your every post with denigrating comments but no counter points to your arguments.

Reactions: Ski and N&B4PSU
Verily and that description fits some in this thread. They are incapable of taking you on relative to the issue and they are left with their childish personal attacks. At least one such individual seems to respond to your every post with denigrating comments but no counter points to your arguments.

And there's another person in this thread who thinks sodomy isn't a big deal. What's your point?

With Thread View you could read near an entire thread without using the scrollbar, AND if the subject line was of interest you simply clicked on the link - now you have to scan huge amounts of vitriol to get to the substantive portions of a thread.

And there's another person in this thread who thinks sodomy isn't a big deal. What's your point?

My point was clear to anybody with the mental capability of a ten year old. Yes, I was clearly referring to you as the one who arrives in a thread to denigrate anyone you disagree with rather than address the points made. You do so because you are incapable of logical discourse. Your insults are a cover for your lack of intelligence.

Reactions: Ski and YeOldeCup
My point was clear to anybody with the mental capability of a ten year old. Yes, I was clearly referring to you as the one who arrives in a thread to denigrate anyone you disagree with rather than address the points made. You do so because you are incapable of logical discourse. Your insults are a cover for your lack of intelligence.

Gee thanks Dr. Phil. You have quite the amount of intellect yourself.

Anyone that says time is of concern and then writes a novel to in a roundabout way to say it is clearly passionate about their issue.

Knocker, I fear that I too fit this description and am somewhat (a little) ashamed. My capabilities, or lack thereof, aside, I do know a little something about "thread deniers." This only because my uncle was something of a textile expert. I am not being facetious about this part. He had a degree from Philadelphia Textile - also from Haverford College, University of Pennsylvania, Julliard and Westminster Choir - of which he was proud. He never had a job though - much longer story. Anyway. He did bequeathe the below chart to me. I just can't figure out how to weave it into this thread.

WapsiDenierChart-Lrg.jpg

Reactions: psuguy04
Knocker, I fear that I too fit this description and am somewhat (a little) ashamed. My capabilities, or lack thereof, aside, I do know a little something about "thread deniers." This only because my uncle was something of a textile expert. I am not being facetious about this part. He had a degree from Philadelphia Textile - also from Haverford College, University of Pennsylvania, Julliard and Westminster Choir - of which he was proud. He never had a job though - much longer story. Anyway. He did bequeathe the below chart to me. I just can't figure out how to weave it into this thread.

==========

Well played mn78psu83

This response would have worked well in Thread View.

;)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT