ADVERTISEMENT

I consider that a moral victory for Pitt; they were only losing by 3 scores for 3/4ths of game.

How can that be when they have the best coach in the nation? How could he lose to a mediocre team with an interim coach? That whole game must have been a mirage. That Coastal division is so tough they just cannibalize each other.

That's worth another national championship.

Yes, definitely - they made a come-back against another mediocre Coastal Division nobody even if they lost, and were out of the game early, they're clearly deserving of another "national championship". How many is that now? Clearly the envy of the college world.

Why do you guys get so pumped up to talk Pitt football? This is the PSU board.

I was talking about the Pitt Expressive Dance Team - they just won another National Championship, what's wrong with recognizing that? I would think a big fan of the Pitt Expressive Dance Team such as yourself would appreciate us PSU fans recognizing their accomplishments.

He has been exposed. He is a one trick pony, that trick is the fake punt. It was freaking hilarious when they were going to fake the punt and got called for a false start. #FailToPitt

What's Franklin's trick, getting housed by 39 points, his team quitting, then blaming it all on the Offensive Coordinator?

"Come back, L'il Hack, it wasn't my fault!"

#unrivaled

Last edited:
Do you think they want to talk about their team? = burning garbage barge

#55-16unrivaled

I'm thinking every time a thread goes up the same 37 guys hijack it into an I hate Pitt thread. Funny thing is most of them don't understand the true beauty and traditions of college football. I personally know at least 10 PSU letterman and every single one of them respect Pitt and talk about how great that game against Pitt was. These kids look at this PSU program like fantasy football. They are very detached from what really makes college football great.

What's Franklin's trick, getting housed by 39 points, his team quitting, then blaming it all on the Offensive Coordinator?

#unrivaled

The game wasn't as bad as the score indicates. PSU actually moved the ball well, and the future looks bright. Meanwhile Pitt got crushed by a miami team with an interim coach and nothing to play for. It wasn't as close as the final score indicates. Pitt capitalized on an easy schedule, the worst division in P5. Meanwhile PSU plays in the toughest P5 division. #perspective

Why can't you tell the difference between "I hate Pitt" and "Pitt is a national joke, so let's laugh at them".

I personally know at least 11 letterman and every single one of them has no respect for Pitt, and how it doesn't matter if the game was great for 5-7 years while pit was cheating because the other ~90 games were meaningless.

These old people are very detached from what makes CFB great, it's not clinging to insignificant ancient history. Being Pitt fans, you'll never understand the true beauty and traditions of CFB.

I'm thinking every time a thread goes up the same 37 guys hijack it into an I hate Pitt thread. Funny thing is most of them don't understand the true beauty and traditions of college football. I personally know at least 10 PSU letterman and every single one of them respect Pitt and talk about how great that game against Pitt was. These kids look at this PSU program like fantasy football. They are very detached from what really makes college football great.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
I think for the most part, players seldom 'hate' another program. There is typically a mutual respect between the players of various teams, even rival teams. It is the fans who get caught up in the hatred....myself included. I hate Pitt!

Clearly NarDouchey is the "real deal".
Will insert some facts to the thread to be considered. Pitt was down 23-3 at half, and admittedly played as bad a half as any this year. But, they scored early in the 3rd qt, before Miami got a FG. Then Pitt scored early in the 4th to get within a TD. Then were within an onside kick from having a chance to tie, hardly a 'massacre' as some of you guys make it sound. Miami, after all, was predicted 2nd in the Coastal, ahead of Pitt, and, in reality, is more talented. Clearly, the coaching change straightened out some things. But Pitt never quit in the game. Again, Pitt never quit in the game, and was in it in the end. I watched the MSU game, and PSU played decently well the 1st half, but was clearly out of it in the 2nd. I talked to a PSU fan Sunday morn, and he admitted to me that it looked as if PSU quit, especially when a lineman can run for a TD. A few more facts before I leave: The Coastal was 10-4 vs the Atlantic this year, and the ACC is 8-7 against the SEC the last two years. An FYI for you guys who are fixated on the Coastal being so bad. We all know the hatred some of you have for Pitt, but don't let facts get in the way of your opinions. Narduzzi is the 'real deal' for Pitt fans. He overachieved in his first year, not bad. Good luck in your bowl game.

Last edited:
Came here to talk PITT since this is the 2nd best source of PITT info. Yes, the Miami game was poorly coached and you guys/gals should know a thing or two about that.

Hoping we will get a chance to play you in a bowl game.

In the last 22 years, since Penn State joined the Big 10, Pitt's record against Big 10 teams is a putrid 2-14.

Vs. Ohio State 0-4, Michigan State 0-2, Iowa 1-3, Nebraska 0-2, and Penn State 1-3.

So please tell me about mighty Pitt football.

Reactions: Mixolydian
In the last 22 years, since Penn State joined the Big 10, Pitt's record against Big 10 teams is a putrid 2-14.

Vs. Ohio State 0-4, Michigan State 0-2, Iowa 1-3, Nebraska 0-2, and Penn State 1-3.

So please tell me about mighty Pitt football.
Pitt fans are well aware of the past. It is better to learn from the past, live for the present, and prepare for the future. I would suggest that to any person/fan on either side.

Came here to talk PITT since this is the 2nd best source of PITT info. Yes, the Miami game was poorly coached and you guys/gals should know a thing or two about that.

Hoping we will get a chance to play you in a bowl game.

So you claim to come here or Pitt info, yet you never seem to listen. Pitt must finally be hitting the big time now that there are TWO sources of info.

Well, I'll give you what you came for... Miami took their foot off of the gas. It could have been much worse.

Hope we never play again, and I hope Pitt finds a way to top last years bowl game.

Last edited:
Having a bad day?

So you claim to come here or Pitt info, yet you never seem to listen. Pitt must finally be hitting the big time now that there are TWO sources of info.

Well, I'll give you what you came for... Miami took there foot off of the gas. It could have been much worse.

Hope we never play again, and I hope Pitt finds a way to top last years bowl game.

While PSU's division is tough their schedule was not. Their out of conference schedule was weak. After the top 3 and a good NW team, you played Md, RU, Ind and Ill - not exactly murderers row; all with fired or suspended coaches and one with a 3rd string QB who never took a snap before. The SEC and Pac 12 are both deeper. PSU SOS was #54. Pitt's was #23.

The game wasn't as bad as the score indicates. PSU actually moved the ball well, and the future looks bright. Meanwhile Pitt got crushed by a miami team with an interim coach and nothing to play for. It wasn't as close as the final score indicates. Pitt capitalized on an easy schedule, the worst division in P5. Meanwhile PSU plays in the toughest P5 division. #perspective

Pitt fans are well aware of the past. It is better to learn from the past, live for the present, and prepare for the future. I would suggest that to any person/fan on either side.

Yes if I were one of Pitt's 12 fans I would want to forget about the past 33 years of mediocrity and irrelevance as well.

Penn State played it totally nip and tuck with Michigan State losing a barnburner by a MERE 39 (and letting a 300 pound center stiff arm his way into the end zone on a run from 9 yards out).

Pitt got crushed by 5 (while out scoring Miami 21-6 in the second half).

Mmm, OK. Got it, genius.

Penn State played so well against MSU, that they immediately FIRED the Offensive Coordinator before their bowl game. The future ALWAYS looks bright while teams are firing coordinators. (sarcasm) I guess that's why Todd Blackledge sent out his happy little tweet of disgust.

#55-16

Why do SPitt fans hate Penn State more than they love their own unbeloved university?

- Nothing at SPitt to love?
- 7-23-1? It's just a game.
- 48-14? Biggest loss ever for a #1 team at home in CFB history?
- PSU is better than SPitt in everything?

Why do SPitt fans hate Penn State more than they love their own unbeloved university?

Lots at Pitt to love, no worries. Come visit the Nationality Rooms at Pitt's Cathedral of Learning (the tallest University building in the Western Hemisphere). The rooms are a cultural treasure and listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.

We don't hate anyone.

We kind of pity you. After all Sandusky played for State and coached and was on payroll for another 45 years.

Hall of Fame Pitt coach, Dr. John B Sutherland, was undefeated against Penn State...from 1924-1938 if you want to talk ancient history.

9 National Championships for Pitt under the great Pop Warner, Sutherland, and John Majors vs. 2 for your famed coach, JV Paterno

No team has more victories against Pitt than Penn State.

Conversely, no team has more victories against PSU than Pitt.

Good luck with the coaching search.

#unrivaled

Look at who all was injured that were starters. Don't be stupid.

I'm pretty sure PSU is 4 and 14 against OSU over the last 18 years....maybe I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure that is similar to Pitt's winning % against PSU over the past 50 years?...maybe I'm wrong. Could you look it up for me?

Lots at Pitt to love, no worries.

So why do you only get 25,000 fans (pictures don't lie) to a big national tv game in a major metropolitan area of over 2 million people in a region known for its passion and love of football when the weather is beautiful? And nearly every post on your boards is about PSU?

Will insert some facts to the thread to be considered. Pitt was down 23-3 at half, and admittedly played as bad a half as any this year. But, they scored early in the 3rd qt, before Miami got a FG. Then Pitt scored early in the 4th to get within a TD. Then were within an onside kick from having a chance to tie, hardly a 'massacre' as some of you guys make it sound. Miami, after all, was predicted 2nd in the Coastal, ahead of Pitt, and, in reality, is more talented. Clearly, the coaching change straightened out some things. But Pitt never quit in the game. Again, Pitt never quit in the game, and was in it in the end. I watched the MSU game, and PSU played decently well the 1st half, but was clearly out of it in the 2nd. I talked to a PSU fan Sunday morn, and he admitted to me that it looked as if PSU quit, especially when a lineman can run for a TD. A few more facts before I leave: The Coastal was 10-4 vs the Atlantic this year, and the ACC is 8-7 against the SEC the last two years. An FYI for you guys who are fixated on the Coastal being so bad. We all know the hatred some of you have for Pitt, but don't let facts get in the way of your opinions. Narduzzi is the 'real deal' for Pitt fans. He overachieved in his first year, not bad. Good luck in your bowl game.

How did Pitt do vs. Florida State and Clemson this year? That is YOUR measuring stick going forward!

Reactions: john4psu
It's hard for me to tell the Pitt fans to go back to their own board when there are active threads about Pitt here. Please ignore their program, at least until game week when we play them...

How did Pitt do vs. Florida State and Clemson this year? That is YOUR measuring stick going forward!
Didn't play either this year, but played Iowa, NCar, and ND all top 15 teams. Schedule was ranked #23 by Sagarin. Next year play at Clemson, in addition to OOC at Okla St, Marshall, and, of course, Penn St.

I mean I love both schools but......really..... Everything?

Why do you get pumped up to post on a PSU football message board at 3:30 am? Or were you pumped up for something else? Loser.

In finance. Online for several hrs per night and check in throughout the night. Stress relief. Actually really successful. Like really. You can look it up. Anyway, sleep 3-5 hrs a night and that's plenty. Good night!

Why can't you tell the difference between "I hate Pitt" and "Pitt is a national joke, so let's laugh at them".

I personally know at least 11 letterman and every single one of them has no respect for Pitt, and how it doesn't matter if the game was great for 5-7 years while pit was cheating because the other ~90 games were meaningless.

These old people are very detached from what makes CFB great, it's not clinging to insignificant ancient history. Being Pitt fans, you'll never understand the true beauty and traditions of CFB.

I can sense you're a wannibee and other than fetching a beer for a football player at a frat party I don't believe what you said in your post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT