ADVERTISEMENT

Happy 76th birthday, Mike Reid.

Knew Reid wrote for Ronnie Milsap, didn't know he Wrote I can't make you love me. Thought someone other than Bonnie Raitt made it popular.
its a song that many artists have covered. It is easy to sing and poignant. it evokes an emotion that everyone has felt at some time. I am linking an artist named Tank who is incredible.

I don't know very many famous people but sat next to Eric Carmen. While we were waiting to board, the airport played "all by myself". He said he had a breakup and couldn't sleep. He wrote it in the middle of the night in just a few minutes at the piano in his studio attached to his house. He later embellished it (piano concerto #2) and released it. After that, every song he did, the publishers would say "its good and everything, but can you do 'all by myself' again?" And he'd say, "I am an artist, this stuff doesn't flow like a production line!".

Reactions: bytir and PSU Soupy
its a song that many artists have covered. It is easy to sing and poignant. it evokes an emotion that everyone has felt at some time. I am linking an artist named Tank who is incredible.

I don't know very many famous people but sat next to Eric Carmen. While we were waiting to board, the airport played "all by myself". He said he had a breakup and couldn't sleep. He wrote it in the middle of the night in just a few minutes at the piano in his studio attached to his house. He later embellished it (piano concerto #2) and released it. After that, every song he did, the publishers would say "its good and everything, but can you do 'all by myself' again?" And he'd say, "I am an artist, this stuff doesn't flow like a production line!".

Always like the Raspberry's music. Coined along with many other bands as the next Beatles at one time.
My sister went to see them at Thiel College in Greenville in the mid 70's but they were a no-show.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT