ADVERTISEMENT

Freshman appreciation thread

Davis dominates Kaylor.
Kasak smart math to a win, methinks Kasak edges evans in the room.
Messinbrink are you kidding me….your in the conversation at stud weight class…
Maybe our long wait is over. For now we can enjoy our baby faced assassin. I’d love to know the mindset of Kaylor before and after that first takedown last night. Better yet, I wi der what he was thinking after lightnin struck a 2nd time in the 1st.

I feel a bit lousy. I was there, outside Lorenzo, looking in Braeden’s eyes when he confidently said he had a rough first go with Gilman, but has improved since and has no concerns. The look in his eyes spoke volumes— similar enough to any number of PSU guys ready to break out these past dozen years. And yet I picked Kaylor to win in KYPSW, because, tFR vs savvy vet at home in front of a big home crowd…

I wonder if Kaylor saw that same look as they shook hands. I bet he did.

I feel a bit lousy. I was there, outside Lorenzo, looking in Braeden’s eyes when he confidently said he had a rough first go with Gilman, but has improved since and has no concerns. The look in his eyes spoke volumes— similar enough to any number of PSU guys ready to break out these past dozen years. And yet I picked Kaylor to win in KYPSW, because, tFR vs savvy vet at home in front of a big home crowd…

I originally picked Davis but second guessed myself after looking at records to date so I edited my pick. Once again proving my total lack of skill at KYPSW.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
It’s not uncommon for a 40ish Big Board recruit to become an R12 or better level wrestler, but how often do we see it nine matches into their TrFR season?

Great match from Braeden, but the end was a little concerning. Once Kaylor decided to show up he looked a lot tougher. Nice win.

I picked Kaylor, too. It wasn’t a bad pick. Kaylor is a good wrestler (which makes the win even more impressive), and like you said, a highly ranked veteran against a true freshman (who looks 14, LOL). That was a win that will turn heads. 125 doesn’t have a favorite or even a short list of favorites right now. Who knows?

Reactions: PSUwrestling
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT