ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Top Ohio State recruit Quinn Ewers considering skipping senior HS season…

Just shows what a coddled, spoiled, self centered young man Stroud was.

All of the best programs continue to add the best players that they can to their rosters whenever they can.

If Stroud stumbles in the NFL he better get some counciling so he doesn't cry when he's headed to the bench..........

Just shows what a coddled, spoiled, self centered young man Stroud was.

All of the best programs continue to add the best players that they can to their rosters whenever they can.

If Stroud stumbles in the NFL he better get some counciling so he doesn't cry when he's headed to the bench..........

Just strange timing. You are the #2 draft pick. Why do you care about this now, CJ, ya know?

Yeah, with the NIL he already made, the $30-40 mil the NGL contract will be worth, and tens of millions he will make in endorsements and side hustles…..he wants to cry about this?
It may be a media creation. players often use these things as motivation.

If I have to hear "disrespected" out of the mouth of these kids one more time I am going to puke - that has become an excuse for a lot of bad behavior. They better toughen up or they are going to have a miserable life when people stop catering to them.

It may be a media creation. players often use these things as motivation.

I hate the constant droning about "disrespect" from these young guys that have been given so much(a lot of it rightfully earned), but this feels like a nothing-burger. I took it to mean that he was confident that he was the QB of his team and yes, used it as motivation to propel himself.....and he was right.

Reactions: Obliviax
I hate the constant droning about "disrespect" from these young guys that have been given so much(a lot of it rightfully earned), but this feels like a nothing-burger. I took it to mean that he was confident that he was the QB of his team and yes, used it as motivation to propel himself.....and he was right.
Agreed. First, these are very young people we are talking about. At that young age, we ask and expect a lot. Somebody asked him a question and he answered with a couple of sentences. The media then gets all lathered up and analyzes the answer for days on end. He could have said "I'd have liked to kill Ewers." the media would take that out of context, HR would be knocking on his door and he'd have to take sensitivity training. Yet, it is a term we all use all the time but don't mean it literally.

I think he was saying that he was annoyed and wondered if tOSU felt he could do the job. But "disrespected" is the term kids use today. Frankly, as Jack Nicklaus said about John Daly driving the ball 330 years "it is a game of which I am unfamiliar".

I am guilty of getting lathered. up about these kinds of comments from time to time. But when emotion subsides and I process it, it ends up being something between a nothingburger and a media creation.

UnknownNippyFrogmouth-size_restricted.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT