ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN summed up in 1 tweet

Yep - And Herbie was probably working behind the scenes to keep them out and get OSU in somehow.

If it were the Buckeyes holding the short end of this stick, I doubt Herbie would be so philosophical about it.

As it is, his statement is unbelievably dumb...to the point of being downright contemptuous of Florida State. I mean, is this actually his Twitter account or a knock-off?

Rules change every year

Remember when OSU went over us despite us beating them and winning the Big Ten? I do.
That’s college football….remember in 94 when the pundits kept saying if you break 2,000 yards you have to win the Heisman as justification for Salaam to win it over Carter…then in 2002, that rule kind of disappeared.

If it were the Buckeyes holding the short end of this stick, I doubt Herbie would be so philosophical about it.

As it is, his statement is unbelievably dumb...to the point of being downright contemptuous of Florida State. I mean, is this actually his Twitter account or a knock-off?
It was a tweet from 2014.

Yeah….imagine how happy he will be if suckeyes win and end up at 3 or 4.

The tweet is from 2014

Wait until you see all the arguments from teams that end up 13-16 next year
Easy reply. Teams 11 through 16 have almost no chance to win a NC. I think that's the ultimate point (aside from money) - No team with a legit chance to contend will be left out.

Easy reply. Teams 11 through 16 have almost no chance to win a NC. I think that's the ultimate point (aside from money) - No team with a legit chance to contend will be left out.
And, truthfully, you're right--they don't have a great (or decent) chance to win but they still want the chance.

Playoff this year would have been...

#9 Missouri at #8 Oregon (winner at #1 Michigan)
#12 Liberty at #5 FSU (winner at #4 Alabama)

#11 Ole Miss at #6 Georgia (winner at #3 Texas)
#10 Penn State at #7 Ohio State (winner at #2 Washington)

I'm not convinced there's a team on that list other than Liberty that couldn't have reached the final. Especially in the second bracket. Alabama's the only favorite their that I'm confident would make the semis.

Edit: Also I love this draw for us because Washington would be our best shot if we win the first game.

Last edited:
Essentially, Alabama and Texas get a second bite of the apple, but FSU gets no bite at the apple at all??? And you wonder why people say the way CFB determines their champion is truly f'ed up.
Liberty doesn't get a bite but no one cares.

It is a shame, but the reality of a semi-pro league is that money wins championships. I already miss old school college football. I have to adapt though! 🤣

Reactions: RickinDayton
Wait until you see all the arguments from teams that end up 13-16 next year
Until there are pre-defined criteria for making the "playoff" it will always be controversial. That's never going to happen because of money. For example, ONLY conference winners get in, which makes sense, will never happen. They will always want wildcards so that more teams think they have a chance even if they don't deserve it. Hence more money.

If anything they will eventually expand to 16 teams, etc, etc. Look at basketball. How many teams are we up to? 66. MLB expanded its "wildcards". NHL, it's hard to miss the playoffs. Wildcards equate to MONEY which is what it's all about. It's actually a bit of a joke.

Until there are pre-defined criteria for making the "playoff" it will always be controversial. That's never going to happen because of money. For example, ONLY conference winners get in, which makes sense, will never happen. They will always want wildcards so that more teams think they have a chance even if they don't deserve it. Hence more money.

If anything they will eventually expand to 16 teams, etc, etc. Look at basketball. How many teams are we up to? 66. MLB expanded its "wildcards". NHL, it's hard to miss the playoffs. Wildcards equate to MONEY which is what it's all about. It's actually a bit of a joke.
They'll eventually get to 24--thankfully
Unless the Big Ten/SEC get smart and form their own playoff

I understand there is a clown on here claiming that the CFP ranking always considered non-P5 teams records the same as P-5 Teams records.... LMFAO at this f'ing moron who just makes shit up as he goes along to fit his ever-changing nonsensical arguments.

I understand there is a clown on here claiming that the CFP ranking always considered non-P5 teams records the same as P-5 Teams records.... LMFAO at this f'ing moron who just makes shit up as he goes along to fit his ever-changing nonsensical arguments.
That wasn't said but contrary to popular belief here it has never been said teams are group by loss total

When was it ever good?
Right? It was awful in 2016. It was awful when TCU/Baylor got screwed. It was never a good system but people want to limit playoff teams so they can have college football be as close to the 70s/80s as possible.

Why? 16 max.
24 matches the very successful playoff in FCS. There's 133 teams and that number will keep growing. Less than 20% of the teams would make the post season which is a reasonable number. It allows for 10 conference winners and 14 at large bids. It enables a team like Arizona that improved throughout the year once Fifita started playing a chance to prove how good they are while rewarding the top 8 with a bye. It was every game, not just games for a dozen schools, more meaningful.

24 matches the very successful playoff in FCS. There's 133 teams and that number will keep growing. Less than 20% of the teams would make the post season which is a reasonable number. It allows for 10 conference winners and 14 at large bids. It enables a team like Arizona that improved throughout the year once Fifita started playing a chance to prove how good they are while rewarding the top 8 with a bye. It was every game, not just games for a dozen schools, more meaningful.
Crappola. #17 would have near zero chance. #20 or #24….zilch. 24 is nothing but a money grab.

Right? It was awful in 2016. It was awful when TCU/Baylor got screwed. It was never a good system but people want to limit playoff teams so they can have college football be as close to the 70s/80s as possible.
IMHO, we should have had opportunity for a couple more NC games in the past so I never want to go back there.

Rules change every year

Remember when OSU went over us despite us beating them and winning the Big Ten? I do.
Why does everybody forget the 2 losses by PSU? No 2 loss team has ever made it in. OSU had one loss that year. The choice came down to Washington or PSU that year for the 4th spot - not OSU.

Crappola. #17 would have near zero chance. #20 or #24….zilch. 24 is nothing but a money grab.
It's the only way to include all conference winners. For that alone it should happen. You can disagree. It's all opinion but to act as though you don't see logic in it is odd.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT