ADVERTISEMENT

DT v Burroughs -- January 13

Jden not sweating as much in this one only up 1-0 after 1.

Why is spartan RTC advertising? Riddle me that unless they negotiated it in their last flo duals contract

OMG another interview right after match......move the mic away from your mouth its sounds like a tornado is approaching

Jden not sweating as much in this one only up 1-0 after 1.
Saved it for the post match interview.
giphy.gif

I'll answer your kids question = no! He was in control and was wrestling a pretty good opponent from what I heard. Would have loved to see Taylor get another take down when he was up 4-0 and seal the deal. Taylor has a lot of respect for Burroughs as he should.Let's not forget they're trying to sell subscriptions. Do you want to pay to watch a 30 second tech?

Reactions: Fatmarc
Definitely put it in cruise control but hard to argue it wasn’t the smart/tactical move. How many times have we seen Zain lose matches late because he shot himself into a bad spot?

Reactions: hlstone and psualt
Is there any way to get Flo for a month? Only thing I see is yearly, which was fine before, but I do not want them for a year.

this might not help you right now, but i remember during the willie trial they explained a loophole where you could subscribe to one of their other "verticals" (flohockey,flotrack,flomarching band) for only 1 month but you would get access to all of the flosports sites.

this might not help you right now, but i remember during the willie trial they explained a loophole where you could subscribe to one of their other "verticals" (flohockey,flotrack,flomarching band) for only 1 month but you would get access to all of the flosports sites.
Is there a way for someone to have a subscription to flo, btn+, rofkin, etc....that could then be shared in zoom or other screen sharing service?

Just asking for a friend(s)

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Is there a way for someone to have a subscription to flo, btn+, rofkin, etc....that could then be shared in zoom or other screen sharing service?

Just asking for a friend(s)
don't tell anyone but I shared my screen with my son - google meets meeting... could do it with Teams as well (or zoom)

Definitely put it in cruise control but hard to argue it wasn’t the smart/tactical move. How many times have we seen Zain lose matches late because he shot himself into a bad spot?

did the winner get a bigger share of the prize money? If so then it’s a good strategy...

If not, given that is just an exhibition, why not let it fly the whole match?

get the slushfund ready for Chittum! Destroys #2 Williams by tech!
Tennessee kid wearing a Minnesota Storm singlet seems out of place. Unless he's already made up his mind, or he pulled a Mark Hall and forgot to pack one.

... , given that is just an exhibition, why not let it fly the whole match?
I also wish Taylor had let it fly, for audience entertainment purposes. But many a competitor would value winning more, exhibition or not.

Quentin Wright let it fly one exhibition match, and people still treated the loss like a loss.

Taylor had let it fly numerous times against Dake, and it did not win. So maybe he has learned something about when letting it fly does not feel like a winning strategy.

i agree unless there was a win bonus then there isn't really any reason not to try and score more points.....unless this was always going to be the decision just so they could go to the well once more and get even more money for the rematch? Lol

lol at the little dude in the first match from Pound Town Wrestling Club.

I also wish Taylor had let it fly, for audience entertainment purposes. But many a competitor would value winning more, exhibition or not.

Quentin Wright let it fly one exhibition match, and people still treated the loss like a loss.

Taylor had let it fly numerous times against Dake, and it did not win. So maybe he has learned something about when letting it fly does not feel like a winning strategy.
Plus DT lost a year of wrestling due to an injury sustained in a silly (his word) exhibition match at Beat the Streets not long ago. Understandable that he would take a cautious approach against someone of JB’s caliber and do just enough to lockdown the win. As he said back then:

“The nature of competing as a professional athlete is a delicate one. One year, you find yourself winning the tilte of the 86 kg World Champion and being voted best pound for pound wrestler on earth. In the blink of an eye, you lose yourself in thought over the noisy lull of the MRI machine, hoping that the pain in your knee isn’t what you fear most.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT