ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo walks the walk

We're probably the only fan base that would pretend they don't want Dabo. Can't wait until the "holier than thou" fan base leaves. Maybe that means hiring Urban
Urban is even worse than Dabo. C'mon dude. Being a Penn Stater means something. If you don't realize that, either return your degree (or more likely, renounce your fandom, you Walmart Lion).

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
We're probably the only fan base that would pretend they don't want Dabo. Can't wait until the "holier than thou" fan base leaves. Maybe that means hiring Urban
. Psu hated urban until they needed him and then the success with honor bs went out the window. Psu already offered urban the job and he turned it down.

Urban is even worse than Dabo. C'mon dude. Being a Penn Stater means something. If you don't realize that, either return your degree (or more likely, renounce your fandom, you Walmart Lion).
This poster is not a PSU fan. Every post is meant to diminish PSU. Players should transfer. PSU is not good. Every team we beat is not good and the win was not by enough. Oh and Ohio St is king of the world.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
DJ hasn't earned the right to anything. See how this works James?
Weird that he called DJ their QB after the game? Which part do you like about that? It would be great if Syracuse was your toughest test of the season, no? I wonder what the score would be if Michigan or OSU played Syracuse this year.

In garbage time you still have to show something to supplant the starter--you know it and I know it. Everyone knows it.
How about spring practice, preseason practice, and weekly practices. Like every other position.

The fact is, Clifford played one hell of a game last night. If Clifford plays that way this Saturday we are gonna have a good chance to take Ohio State into deep water and play them tight.

the running game will have to be there

otherwise it will look like Michigan
Ohio State is tough up front but they don't have Mazi Smith...now, of course they do have Harrison and that's going to be a major issue all day because 72 and 79 aren't going to be able to block him any better than they did Morris...BUT, if we can figure something out there I think we can get some matchups downfield because Ohio State MIGHT be a bit less than Michigan in the secondary

It doesn't. Undergrad from Penn State/JD for Northwestern
Just because I didn't buy into the false notion that we were the only school doing things the right way doesn't make me less of a fan. Winning is all that matters at the end of the day. Don't pretend the memories fade if sanctions exist. We received some of the worst sanctions ever and no one changed.

you have blinders on. Urban keeps getting fired. Even schoola that are hellbent on winning eventually decide he is not worth it
I'd rather go with Dabo (who is apparently hated because he's religious) but Urban is a sure way to take the program to the next level. Do I think he'd last 5 years? Nope. But I think we'd take a step forward and then bring in someone to continue from where he left off.

we will have to keep the score low and win turnovers

for the last 20 years our wins over OSU have mostly been that type of game
This one might be different but I doubt it...To win you need 2 or 3 breaks and gotta hold them under 30. Traditionally we play them tough but they don't have the holes they had last year

It's gonna take our best game of the year, but it's possible. For everyone else in this conference it aint

what Urban did was take a program that Tressel had already put on top, and kept it on top

his last stop in the nfl was a total failure
Yeah but we can say Saban failed in the NFL
I don't care at all about what Meyer did at Jacksonville. He'd put together an elite staff, we'd dominate recruiting in the northeast and Atlantic coast. He just needs to have the successor lined up.
I get why people don't want him--I do--but he's a lock to achieve more than we have under Franklin

he also stopped winning so much at Florida after Saban went to Alabama. wasnt one of his last games there vs. psu in some crappy bowl?

almost hate to say it, but he may have won those titles with zook's players
He had one bad year at Florida 8-4 I think (sorry memory fading) before going to Ohio State but never faded at Ohio State. Maybe Zook's players mattered (Zook could recruited) but maybe not

all i know is that it seems likely that florida told him to leave, and they loved winning as much as anyone. osu may have also asked him to step aside from coaching, which is another dimension entirely.

someone like that is not going to get better at each stop. he is old now, and will not necessarily ever be the coach from 2006 again. also i think he is waiting for ND (who also will not hire him)
Notre Dame should have hired him instead of Freeman
Florida may have "forced" him out--the reality is he does win wherever he goes and I see no reason he wouldn't dominate here.

he may win here, so would lots of coaches

he is toxic and may do long-term damage to the program as well

do you ever have to hire people?
Yes, and I look for "role fit" as well as how they'd work in a team HOWEVER Urban creates his own staff. Trust me, I understand your concern which is why there's other routes I'd go but if we're simply asking "who is a lock to win more?" then the answer is Urban

it's definitely tough when you aren't getting reps in practice. I agree with that but when down big typically you have the underneath passes open all day. The reality is we all know for Clifford to sit Allar has to be special because Franklin doesn't want to make the change. That's not fair but reality. Dabo isn't Franklin--if we had Dabo I'm not convinced Clifford would even be on campus--he would have been "encouraged" to transfer for his last year elsewhere.
But we still have you.

Dabo is a loser. I never want anyone like him (redneck religious whack job) coaching PSU.
If he's going to win a couple of titles here I could care less if he wears a dress on his own time, as long as he isn't encouraging/requiring our players to do the same.

If he's going to win a couple of titles here I could care less if he wears a dress on his own time, as long as he isn't encouraging/requiring our players to do the same.
Dabo definitely doesn't keep his dress wearing at home.

Winning is all that matters at the end of the day.
I strongly disagree with this statement.
Don't pretend the memories fade if sanctions exist. We received some of the worst sanctions ever and no one changed.
Are you implying that PSU got sanctions because they only cared about winning? That's the most laughable thing I've ever read.

The sanctions were not only against NCAA bylaws but totally undeserved.

I strongly disagree with this statement.

Are you implying that PSU got sanctions because they only cared about winning? That's the most laughable thing I've ever read.

The sanctions were not only against NCAA bylaws but totally undeserved.
I know you don't care about winning
I didn't imply anything about the sanctions and winning
I agree--the sanctions only existed because "the powers that be" at Penn State wanted to be sanctioned.

I don't know that they wanted to be sanctioned, and we may never fully understand what was going on with that board of trustees.

but the news reporting of the story was a farce, with a narrative set by espn of all places

when confronted with the fact that Paterno wasn't really in a position to deal with it, and that the perpetrator had already retired from psu, they just declared that Paterno was the police, judge, jury and executioner of state college (because without that ludicrous assertion, it was not a story about sports). and somehow this was never questioned. it was the first time i really saw reporting that i knew i couldn't trust
I think ESPN gets a little too much blame. I think ESPN sold the message our BOT wanted them to sell--maybe we can blame them for that but when leadership at Penn State is apologizing 24-7 you're creating that narrative. See how other schools handled similar incidents.

I do agree it wasn't a football issue and Paterno wasn't in a position (or able to) handle it. I don't think Paterno at any point in his life could have handled it because I don't think he truly understood it.

The entire situation was ridiculous and handled as poorly as anything in history has ever been handled.

LOLOLOL. OK. I understand that there is more complexity than "Just win all your games and if you don't "fiur everyone!!!"
I have never once said "fire everyone". This is year 9 not year 2 or 3. We need signature wins at this point. We need to see growth toward contending for titles and playoff births.

If we go 10-2 this year I won't be complaining at all but we have to follow that up next year. But I'm not going to pretend we have a signature (or even really a quality) win this year unless we beat Ohio State. And my scheduling Auburn they attempted to add a legit P5 opponent--they just couldn't have know they'd have Harsin on the sideline at that point.

i am still not sure he was ever told about it in any level of detail
i really doubt espn was taking cues from the bot and still blame espn for the reporting
I think he was told but didn't understand--but either option is possible.
ESPN told the same story the BOT did--either intentional and by accident.

I have never once said "fire everyone". This is year 9 not year 2 or 3. We need signature wins at this point. We need to see growth toward contending for titles and playoff births.

If we go 10-2 this year I won't be complaining at all but we have to follow that up next year. But I'm not going to pretend we have a signature (or even really a quality) win this year unless we beat Ohio State. And my scheduling Auburn they attempted to add a legit P5 opponent--they just couldn't have know they'd have Harsin on the sideline at that point.
Sigh.

There's a lot of flaws to your thinking but here are a couple:

1) When you are a top 15 (10?) team, the number of signature win opportunities per year is very small. By your logic, PSU only has two opportunities this year: OSU and UM. By your logic, 3 years ago, PSU would have only ONE opportunity that year (OSU). A team like Rutgers has five or six opportunities per year. To say another way, when you are already top 10, there isn't as much room for improvement as if you are #50.

2) PSU's Auburn win is still probably the best OOC Big Ten win this year. Auburn has a lot of future NFL guys on the roster and it was @ Auburn.

Reactions: knickslions
Sigh.

There's a lot of flaws to your thinking but here are a couple:

1) When you are a top 15 (10?) team, the number of signature win opportunities per year is very small. By your logic, PSU only has two opportunities this year: OSU and UM. By your logic, 3 years ago, PSU would have only ONE opportunity that year (OSU). A team like Rutgers has five or six opportunities per year. To say another way, when you are already top 10, there isn't as much room for improvement as if you are #50.

2) PSU's Auburn win is still probably the best OOC Big Ten win this year. Auburn has a lot of future NFL guys on the roster and it was @ Auburn.
1. Right--we had two opportunities because the Big Ten is down which why adding USC is a great thing for us. Rutgers might have 4 opportunities but we aren't Rutgers--we have higher expectations. Just like Alabama isn't celebrating beating someone like Purdue.

2. The Big Ten really doesn't have any impressive OOC wins this year but Notre Dame is probably better than Auburn--neither win is impressive though. Again, we still get credit for scheduling it though--can't predict the future.

1. Right--we had two opportunities because the Big Ten is down which why adding USC is a great thing for us. Rutgers might have 4 opportunities but we aren't Rutgers--we have higher expectations. Just like Alabama isn't celebrating beating someone like Purdue.

2. The Big Ten really doesn't have any impressive OOC wins this year but Notre Dame is probably better than Auburn--neither win is impressive though. Again, we still get credit for scheduling it though--can't predict the future.
LOL at the Big Ten being down. We have 3 top ten caliber teams.

Misread it. I'm multi-tasking (also watching hockey game last night). No big deal.
Right--you were wrong that's okay but now do you see what I mean when I say the Big Ten is top heavy and the strength from top to bottom matters or is that still confusing?

Right--you were wrong that's okay but now do you see what I mean when I say the Big Ten is top heavy and the strength from top to bottom matters or is that still confusing?
The Big Ten East is still one of the toughest divisions in CFB. Probably the 2nd toughest. Is that confusing to you?

The Big Ten East is still one of the toughest divisions in CFB. Probably the 2nd toughest. Is that confusing to you?
Correct--we agree on that--maybe 3rd (SEC East and West is pretty good right now)
But there's the west which is why adding USC is so important.

Correct--we agree on that--maybe 3rd (SEC East and West is pretty good right now)
But there's the west which is why adding USC is so important.
2nd or 3rd, I agree. So you agree that finishing with an 11-2 record when playing in the 2nd or 3rd toughest division in the country is a very good result?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT