ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo walks the walk

You think Dabo was concerned about DJ getting enough play to put a tape down for the NFL? 😆

ACC refs took over and made sure Clemson would come back
Also true...and think about THIS: The crap is definitely gonna hit the fan when an unbeaten Clemson is left out of the playoffs because Alabama will win out and beat undefeated Georgia in the SEC title game while a once beaten Michigan will get in ahead of them in the 4 spot

Should’ve been a penalty on that late out of bounds hit by Trotter. That was clear as day.
How do you like that pass interference where the Syracuse db played it absolutely perfectly on a prayer that Clemson threw? This is definitely a loss for Clemson if the game is called evenly

Reactions: dswartz
Clifford isn't playing to get him to the NFL
Clifford is playing for the same reason DJU played to this point--the veteran usually plays until you have no other choice. We haven't reached that point because when Allar has played he hasn't done anything.

True, but it doesn’t hurt they’re playing Syracuse either. Did anyone really think Syracuse was going to put this game away rather than give it up late? ;)
I mean, DJ did literally everything he could to try to give Syracuse a realistic chance to win.

How do you like that pass interference where the Syracuse db played it absolutely perfectly on a prayer that Clemson threw? This is definitely a loss for Clemson if the game is called evenly
That was very close on the last person interference call. Not sure what to say about that, but Barbers just blew 25 seconds off the clock without calling a time out. What was he thinking? Syracuse didn’t do themselves any favors today with being so undisciplined.

For the record, as overrated as I think DJU is--Klubnik didn't exactly win the game with his arm

Clifford isn't playing to get him to the NFL
Clifford is playing for the same reason DJU played to this point--the veteran usually plays until you have no other choice. We haven't reached that point because when Allar has played he hasn't done anything.
When exactly has Allar been given the chance other than garbage time?

Now the refs trying to screw Syracuse out of an awesome sideline catch. This game is fixed.
Replay fixed it--that was tough in real time. If Syracuse loses it's because of Baber's inability to manage the clock. Should be close to a minute left not 29 seconds at their 30.

Replay fixed it--that was tough in real time. If Syracuse loses it's because of Baber's inability to manage the clock. Should be close to a minute left not 29 seconds at their 30.
It was because of the officials for certain. They called so many terrible penalties extending Clemson drives that anyone watching should be embarrassed for the sport.

Dabo in the postgame on-field interview handled the question about benching DJ perfectly....made mention that sometimes Steph Curry gets ice cold and u have to change things up... But then he emphatically said that he's our guy he's our starter...like contrast the difference between that and how we handle things

Dabo in the postgame on-field interview handled the question about benching DJ perfectly....made mention that sometimes Steph Curry gets ice cold and u have to change things up... But then he emphatically said that he's our guy he's our starter...like contrast the difference between that and how we handle things
Agreed--he has a plan unlike how we handle things

Agreed--he has a plan unlike how we handle things
Beyond just not having a plan it's like James thinks that we're the FBI and everything has to be secret…. how about putting your team at ease so as to avoid all this nonsense every week of who's going to start, and then the fan base turning against one or the other it's ridiculous

We're probably the only fan base that would pretend they don't want Dabo. Can't wait until the "holier than thou" fan base leaves. Maybe that means hiring Urban

Reactions: bison13
Joe Paterno loved Urban Meyer and wanted him as his successor.
I'm aware--talk to the JoeBots that think Meyer's the antichrist and we'd be fools to hire him.
The odd think is you keep calling me a Michigan fan (btw you said I'd be gone by now) yet we agree on most things yet you keep missing that as you can't see clearly.

I'm aware--talk to the JoeBots that think Meyer's the antichrist and we'd be fools to hire him.
The odd think is you keep calling me a Michigan fan (btw you said I'd be gone by now) yet we agree on most things yet you keep missing that as you can't see clearly.
Comically, you're actually correct 😆

The refs weren't the problem
They were. You call very questionable hit.out.of bounds to keep Tiger drive going then they score..Meanwhile a clear hit on QB goes uncalled and Cuse punts..The BS PI call the allows.Clemson to wind down clock and force Cuse timeout. It was 4th qtr so heavily impacted outcome

They were. You call very questionable hit.out.of bounds to keep Tiger drive going then they score..Meanwhile a clear hit on QB goes uncalled and Cuse punts..The BS PI call the allows.Clemson to wind down clock and force Cuse timeout. It was 4th qtr so heavily impacted outcome
They really weren't. The DPI definitely wasn't "BS"--he got jersey.

In garbage time you still have to show something to supplant the starter--you know it and I know it. Everyone knows it.
C’mon man, you’re not running your normal playbook when you are ahead by 4 or 5 scores and have the 2’s in. I don’t disagree with the point of showing something, but it’s hard when you are limited by the playbook, personnel and trying to practice sportsmanship by not running it up. I usually agree with and appreciate most of your views and sentiments posted, just not the premise as you originally stated it on this one. Dabo, today and with Lawrence a few years back attests to that.

Reactions: bison13
C’mon man, you’re not running your normal playbook when you are ahead by 4 or 5 scores and have the 2’s in. I don’t disagree with the point of showing something, but it’s hard when you are limited by the playbook, personnel and trying to practice sportsmanship by not running it up. I usually agree with and appreciate most of your views and sentiments posted, just not the premise as you originally stated it on this one. Dabo, today and with Lawrence a few years back attests to that.
it's definitely tough when you aren't getting reps in practice. I agree with that but when down big typically you have the underneath passes open all day. The reality is we all know for Clifford to sit Allar has to be special because Franklin doesn't want to make the change. That's not fair but reality. Dabo isn't Franklin--if we had Dabo I'm not convinced Clifford would even be on campus--he would have been "encouraged" to transfer for his last year elsewhere.

it's definitely tough when you aren't getting reps in practice. I agree with that but when down big typically you have the underneath passes open all day. The reality is we all know for Clifford to sit Allar has to be special because Franklin doesn't want to make the change. That's not fair but reality. Dabo isn't Franklin--if we had Dabo I'm not convinced Clifford would even be on campus--he would have been "encouraged" to transfer for his last year elsewhere.
Well said. ^^^^This says it perfectly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT