ADVERTISEMENT

CJF doing the ESPN Carwash on Tuesday...

Carwash? Is that a charity thing?

He goes on various and numerous shows and podcasts for interviews throughout the day. Also, probably an interview on the ESPN blog. This will be going on all day today, though most of the times remain unannounced: they want people just to tune in all day. D'Antonio and Fitzgerald are also participating in the Car Wash this year. They are the only other B1G coaches participating this year, as the conference chose not to go all in on it.

CJF also did the Car Wash last year.

Carwash? Who the Hell makes up these names? "Carwash" sure makes me want to watch.
medium-smiley-114.gif

When I think of car washes, I think of busty women in white t-shirts squirting each other.

Not sure ESPN a can provide such a remarkable sight.

When I think of car washes, I think of busty women in white t-shirts squirting each other.

Not sure ESPN a can provide such a remarkable sight.

Well, blame the Worldwide Leader for the term, apparently Bob Ley specifically.
http://www.espnfrontrow.com/2011/05/waxing-on-the-car-wash-ley/

"One question that I get from almost every guest that comes to Bristol is, “where did the name ‘The Car Wash’ come from?”

Well, I decided to take that question to the man who coined the term — and someone whom I have had the honor of producing shows with at ESPN — longtime anchor Bob Ley (pictured above, left, with boxer Larry Holmes).

FR: How and when did you come up with the name “ESPN Car Wash”?

Ley: I honestly wish I could remember when my fevered and clearly addled brain came up with the term. I only regret not trademarking it, as Pat Riley trademarked “Three-Peat.” I dropped the term on David Stern during one of his visits to campus, and several months later saw him use the phrase in Sports Illustrated referring to a series of media interviews he was doing in Europe. Well played, Mr. Commissioner."

Car wash is the regular job that Joey Galloway and Desmond Howard normally work but miss to be at this event. They want them to feel at home

Reactions: ChiTownLion
One question, Ed: who is Jim O'Brien? Other than that, thanks for the props on our special QB.

He goes on various and numerous shows and podcasts for interviews throughout the day. Also, probably an interview on the ESPN blog. This will be going on all day today, though most of the times remain unannounced: they want people just to tune in all day. D'Antonio and Fitzgerald are also participating in the Car Wash this year. They are the only other B1G coaches participating this year, as the conference chose not to go all in on it.

CJF also did the Car Wash last year.

Thanks. Why not call it an "ESPN Crawl"? :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT