ADVERTISEMENT

"Cheating doesn't pay" is a lie

We agree on one thing, which is that neither polls nor popular opinion are indicative of reality. Right is right and wrong is wrong, regardless. But I mentioned it because you asked me what fans think.

If you're asking specifically what Astros fans think (which also doesn't impact reality), I don't have any evidence because I don't know any of their fans. But of course many of their fans feel badly about it because that's the only way to feel. All you have to do is imagine your own team "winning" that way. If you couldn't feel good about it with your own team, then why would Astros fans be different?
I don't believe most here wouldn't feel good about it. It would he said other teams cheat (all teams cheat) and because the Big Ten is out to get us it simply leveled the plating field. Fans always have an excuse and justification. Notice Michigan turned it into "us vs the world"...did you see Michigan fans less excited about beating Ohio State?

The reality is we all remember what happens on the field. A title being vacated doesn't change memories or the experience. Michigan, like the Astros, focused on winning. If they win, like the Astros, no decision deletes the memory. Just like when the NCAA vacated our wins...before they were restored I still remembered the games as they existed regardless of the ruling. So will Michigan. So do the Astros and their fans.

I don't believe most here wouldn't feel good about it. It would he said other teams cheat (all teams cheat) and because the Big Ten is out to get us it simply leveled the plating field. Fans always have an excuse and justification. Notice Michigan turned it into "us vs the world"...did you see Michigan fans less excited about beating Ohio State?

The reality is we all remember what happens on the field. A title being vacated doesn't change memories or the experience. Michigan, like the Astros, focused on winning. If they win, like the Astros, no decision deletes the memory. Just like when the NCAA vacated our wins...before they were restored I still remembered the games as they existed regardless of the ruling. So will Michigan. So do the Astros and their fans.
What was the penalty the B1G put on Penn State over the Sandusky thing?

What was the penalty the B1G put on Penn State over the Sandusky thing?
So I get it exactly right...

"The Big Ten also announced penalties against Penn State, stating along with censuring them, the University will also be ineligible for Big Ten Conference Championship Games for four years, a period of time that runs concurrently with the NCAA postseason bowl ban imposed this morning. This leaves them ineligible to receive their share of Big Ten Conference bowl revenues which is estimated to be approximately $13 million. The Big Ten says that money will also be donated to established charitable organizations in Big Ten communities dedicated to the protection of children."

So I get it exactly right...

"The Big Ten also announced penalties against Penn State, stating along with censuring them, the University will also be ineligible for Big Ten Conference Championship Games for four years, a period of time that runs concurrently with the NCAA postseason bowl ban imposed this morning. This leaves them ineligible to receive their share of Big Ten Conference bowl revenues which is estimated to be approximately $13 million. The Big Ten says that money will also be donated to established charitable organizations in Big Ten communities dedicated to the protection of children."
That is a monster punishment. Granted the Sandusky thing was horrible. But as I recall it was never clearly shown the head coach knew about it. Harbaugh gets a 3 game suspension but can coach during the week while is team blatantly cheated over the course of 2 years? I can see why many in the B1G think it is the blessed 2 and everyone else is along for the ride.

That is a monster punishment. Granted the Sandusky thing was horrible. But as I recall it was never clearly shown the head coach knew about it. Harbaugh gets a 3 game suspension but can coach during the week while is team blatantly cheated over the course of 2 years? I can see why many in the B1G think it is the blessed 2 and everyone else is along for the ride.
The conference exists for the betterment of MI and OSU. You can't pay attention to the Big 10 and not see that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT