ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Calendar Question

NewEra 2014

Jan 3, 2014
Here we are with the end of the regular season occurring at the beginning of December and the "playoff" games taking place 3 to 4 weeks later. Things have been this way forever, and I guess there will be less of a postseason break once the 12-team playoff begins next year.

But why does CFB insist on having the transfer portal (equivalent to NFL free agency) and the main high school signing day (equivalent to the NFL draft) at the same time CFB is having its postseason? How does that make any sense at all? I mean, the Texas backup QB is entering the portal before Texas' playoff game! I don't blame the kid, because he has to go to the portal if he wants to see the field next year. But the stupidity of CFB running its draft and free agency before the current season is even completed is just crazy to me.

It is certainly a mess. LOI Day used to be after all the bowl games but was moved up because of all the pressure and time constraints on the high school players. It was moved up before the portal was instituted. Might be time to move it back after the bowls.

The portal seems early too, being the Wed after the CCG games. Delay it a few weeks until the coaching carrousel settles down. Teams with coaching changes face huge disadvantages to get portal players.

Here we are with the end of the regular season occurring at the beginning of December and the "playoff" games taking place 3 to 4 weeks later. Things have been this way forever, and I guess there will be less of a postseason break once the 12-team playoff begins next year.

But why does CFB insist on having the transfer portal (equivalent to NFL free agency) and the main high school signing day (equivalent to the NFL draft) at the same time CFB is having its postseason? How does that make any sense at all? I mean, the Texas backup QB is entering the portal before Texas' playoff game! I don't blame the kid, because he has to go to the portal if he wants to see the field next year. But the stupidity of CFB running its draft and free agency before the current season is even completed is just crazy to me.
Conference idiots + comatose NCAA = answer to your question!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT