ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Starocci's injury - news, updates, and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and it was obvious that Carter was disappointed. It was absolutely the right thing to do, but, Carter is a competitor and, of course, he isn't going to like it.
Guess he was a lot more than disappointed, he fully expected to wrestle. Now it seems like he’s pissed, odd timing for this tweet ? 🤔

Announcing your career is done in the middle of the conference tournament is closer to an emotional response than a final decision. But whatever happens happens. Maybe he really is pulling a Vontae Davis.

This is not a time to freak out. If Carter is too injured for nationals we would have gone with Baraclough. Injury default by definition means nationals is the plan even if aspirational.

Maybe he is alluding to next year and taking the Suriano injury plan. He's going for 5 at Rutgers

Just let the young man vent and then calm down. I’m sure this has been a very trying few weeks. No way he doesn’t wrestle in 2 weeks.

Beyond that, it was unlikely he was wearing Blue & White next year anyway.

This is not a time to freak out. If Carter is too injured for nationals we would have gone with Baraclough. Injury default by definition means nationals is the plan even if aspirational.

Maybe he is alluding to next year and taking the Suriano injury plan. He's going for 5 at Rutgers
I’m just gonna throw this out there, people are saying he left Maryland. I’m not confirming or denying it. But that wouldn’t be good. I hope it’s just something as simple as what you said.. but a midnight tweet like that doesn’t sound ideal.

Reactions: Ski

Didn't sound good tho

There was a whole ECP bus full in the parking lot. I'm sure they drove down expecting to see him compete.

Things are probably a little tense right now.
If he could not go then why the hell didn't Cael send Barraclaugh? Just doesn't make sense.

Look, here’s the reality of the situation.

If Carter Starocci wants to wrestle for PSU and win a fourth national championship for PSU, great!

If he wants to take his ball and go home because the coaching staff tried to look out for his best interest, then PSU will win a team title without him and be more than fine going forward as it would have been had he graduated and moved on normally.

Last edited:
We all know how competitive that kid is, maniacal, but hopefully he sees the bigger picture.

He was far from a lock for the Hodge, even against 3 others on his own team.

Had he gone out there today, he could have performed lack luster and hurt his chances, he could have the tweaked the knee and had to MFF out, not to mention potentially kill any chance at nationals.

Feeling good and straining that joint for 7 minutes against top competition are not one and the same.

Here's to 2 more weeks of therapy, and having him go out there and steamroll everyone in his path. If he wants to make a statement, that is the one to make. Noone can ever take away becoming PSU's first ever 4xer, even if by only a few minutes, now go out and get it!

Last edited:
This has Kerk’s hammy; Mitchell’s ribs vibes.

He’s going for 4 and he’ll be doing it in about 11 days
I don't recall either of them announcing their career at PSU is over on Twitter

At this moment, Carter seems serious about being done wrestling for Penn State, can it be smoothed over? Who knows. I don't envy the coaches having to handle this and Day 2 of Big Tens together.

I will add, if Carter really wanted to make a statement he is done with Penn State wrestling, he should have just never walked on the mat today the first time after being told by coaches he isn't wrestling, let alone the second. That way he's truly DQed from wrestling nationals and his chapter here is closed. He left the door open.

I don't recall either of them announcing their career at PSU is over on Twitter

At this moment, Carter seems serious about being done wrestling for Penn State, can it be smoothed over? Who knows. I don't envy the coaches having to handle this and Day 2 of Big Tens together.
I was talking about the fan freak out. He’s pissed and venting. Quitting now makes no sense

We all know how competitive that kid is, maniacal, but hopefully he sees the bigger picture.

He was far from a lock for the Hodge, even against 3 others on his own team.

Had he gone out there today, he could have performed lack luster and hurt his chances, he could have the tweaked the knee and had to MFF out, not to mention potentially kill any chance at nationals.

Feeling good and straining that joint for 7 minutes against top competition are not one and the same.

Here's to 2 more weeks of therapy, and having him go out there and steamroll everyone in his path. If he wants to make a statement, that is the one to make. Noone can ever take away becoming PSU's first ever 4xer, even if by only a few minutes, now go out and get it!
Except he just MADE the statement that he's finished. You are in denial dude.

Aren’t you that ugly guy from Iowa? Why are you in this forum?
If you say so. I will have to defer to your expertise on that matter.

Aren’t you the guy who is so soft he blocks everyone who disagrees with you on Twitter?

And you’re a NJ knuckle dragger, so what makes you so special that you are on here:)

Last edited:
Reactions: SUPERTODD
Look man. He gone. It is what it is.

Thing that bugs me is that Barraclaugh could have stepped up and got on that podium in KC, and now it's just a hole in what could have been the best team ever.

Freaking sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT