ADVERTISEMENT

"Better Call Saul" returns tomorrow night on AMC at 9:00.

boy that scene really hit hard. sign of a great show, they spent an entire season building to that moment.

and of course, THAT led to this classic scene 2 seasons later:

Michael McKean deserved an emmy

Yes he was. McKean was awesome all last season but that episode was just off the charts good.
He was robbed.

boy that scene really hit hard. sign of a great show, they spent an entire season building to that moment.

and of course, THAT led to this classic scene 2 seasons later:

Michael McKean deserved an emmy

Oh and add Giancarlo Esposito to that "person who deserves an Emmy" list.
He's fantastic and he scares me. LOL.

It was Howard telling Chuck that he was willing to spend $3 million of his own money to buy Chuck out that was the tipping point.

That is not my recollection.

When Jimmy found out about the buy out of Chuck's interest in the firm, he went to Chuck's house. When he got there, the lights were on and music was playing. Chuck tells him everything is great and he has never been better. He then goes on to belittle his brother and tell him he never cared for him. The producers made it a point after Jimmy left to show that Chuck at his desk and bothered by what occurred. It is at that point that he starts to shut off the circuit breaker and the decline begins.

Couple the foregoing with the fact that the episode where Chuck commits suicide begins with a scene where young Chuck is reading to Jimmy in a tent in their back yard highlighting what was once a close relationship. The point that I believe is being made by the writers is that his final confrontation with Jimmy is what led to Chuck's ultimate breakdown.

When Jimmy found out about the buy out of Chuck's interest in the firm, he went to Chuck's house. When he got there, the lights were on and music was playing. Chuck tells him everything is great and he has never been better. He then goes on to belittle his brother and tell him he never cared for him. The producers made it a point after Jimmy left to show that Chuck at his desk and bothered by what occurred. It is at that point that he starts to shut off the circuit breaker and the decline begins.

Couple the foregoing with the fact that the episode where Chuck commits suicide begins with a scene where young Chuck is reading to Jimmy in a tent in their back yard highlighting what was once a close relationship. The point that I believe is being made by the writers is that his final confrontation with Jimmy is what led to Chuck's ultimate breakdown.
I think it's the combination. The law was Chuck's life and that is now gone, along with his relationship with his only family member.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror

I stand corrected.

LOL. All opinions are judgements. Firing about a hundred single rounds into a car seems rather juvenile to me. I’ll stick with the Hallmark Movie channel.

LOL. All opinions are judgements. Firing about a hundred single rounds into a car seems rather juvenile to me. I’ll stick with the Hallmark Movie channel.
Can't wait to hear the replies about the Hallmark Movie Channel.

That is actually a trivia answer for me: What channel has never been turned on at the CentexLion home: You got it!!

Lots of great articles about the channel though!! That is why my TV has 1400 channels. Someone probably watches them

http://www.vulture.com/2016/12/hallmark-christmas-movie-essentials.html

better-call-saul-209-chuck-hits-head-at-copy-shop.gif

Great episode. The show really seems to pick up steam as more BB crossovers are re-introduced.
I love when they set the stage with some random acts (e.g. sprinkling glass out the car window) and then let the scene unfold. The viewer goes from “what the hell are they doing that for?” to “now it makes sense”.

Same thing with Mike and the garden hose.

Reactions: BBrown
I love when they set the stage with some random acts (e.g. sprinkling glass out the car window) and then let the scene unfold. The viewer goes from “what the hell are they doing that for?” to “now it makes sense”.

Same thing with Mike and the garden hose.
I am glad you brought that up. As a crime scene, it would be pretty easy to see that the broken glass/plastic on the seat does not match the same volume/vintage as an old 442. In addition, if I were an investigator, I'd wonder why one guy was executed with a head shot and the other not dead. Furthermore, the guy with the headshot wouldn't bleed out because, well, he was dead for some time when he was shot (it was dark when he was killed, light when he was shot in the head). And many of the shots were from the side, a few from that back, on a car that was brought down with four flats? And, no returned fire? These bad guys driving this car don't have guns or returned fire? No shell casings? CSI would see that all bullets came from two handheld guns. You take a pistol to execute someone like this?

Any minor league CSI person would see this was staged. Producers are too good for there not to be cops asking a lot of questions. or, perhaps, they want to show the cops are bought. Wonder if they bring in Walter White's brother in law.

I am glad you brought that up. As a crime scene, it would be pretty easy to see that the broken glass/plastic on the seat does not match the same volume/vintage as an old 442. In addition, if I were an investigator, I'd wonder why one guy was executed with a head shot and the other not dead. Furthermore, the guy with the headshot wouldn't bleed out because, well, he was dead for some time when he was shot (it was dark when he was killed, light when he was shot in the head). And many of the shots were from the side, a few from that back, on a car that was brought down with four flats? And, no returned fire? These bad guys driving this car don't have guns or returned fire? No shell casings? CSI would see that all bullets came from two handheld guns. You take a pistol to execute someone like this?

Any minor league CSI person would see this was staged. Producers are too good for there not to be cops asking a lot of questions. or, perhaps, they want to show the cops are bought. Wonder if they bring in Walter White's brother in law.

Agree with all you said and I'll add one more, with all those bullet holes and the survivor only had 2 hits? yea not very likely.
But on the other hand its out in the middle of nowhere New Mexico, hell there might not be another car on that road for a day or so there's that.
I was fortunate enough to stay in a house outside Abiquiu NM, for a week. The whole time I was there I never saw another car on the road except mine. Just another reason I want to live there.:)

Reactions: 91Joe95

Oh and can I add I'm still pissed at what they did to that 442. That just wasn't right.

As far as the cops are concerned, there aren't any bodies. (Surely the Cousins took the time to get rid of Arturo's body.) Fring's guys aren't trying to fool the cops, they're trying to fool the Salamancas. (Whether or not this works is another issue, but the frame seems to be holding at the moment.) When the cops find the car, they're going to think that things aren't adding up, just as Olbi says, but without the bodies what are they going to do?

Agreed, but Nacho just had to fool the mute Psychopathic Cousins with the pointy boots - knowing that they’d further sanitize the scene.

As far as the cops are concerned, there aren't any bodies. (Surely the Cousins took the time to get rid of Arturo's body.) Fring's guys aren't trying to fool the cops, they're trying to fool the Salamancas. (Whether or not this works is another issue, but the frame seems to be holding at the moment.) When the cops find the car, they're going to think that things aren't adding up, just as Olbi says, but without the bodies what are they going to do?
You beat me to it

Reactions: LionJim
Agreed, but Nacho just had to fool the mute Psychopathic Cousins with the pointy boots - knowing that they’d further sanitize the scene.

I can see that. Also, CSI was not as advanced in the early 2000's, when the show supposedly takes place. Regardless, the lack of blood from a cadaver is hard to miss.

I can see that. Also, CSI was not as advanced in the early 2000's, when the show supposedly takes place. Regardless, the lack of blood from a cadaver is hard to miss.
Didn't the twins burn the car when they left? I think that would destroy the (lack of) blood evidence.

finally caught up with Episode 3 . . .

kind of already discussed, but my fiancee wanted to know why Kim was crying so much at Jimmy reading the letter from Chuck

I agree with some assessments . . . she sees how detached he has become. He's already dipped his toe into the "Saul Goodman" pool and feels comfortable there.

PS: GAIL!!! (boy, I had a fun time explaining his character arc to my fiancee!)

finally caught up with Episode 3 . . .

kind of already discussed, but my fiancee wanted to know why Kim was crying so much at Jimmy reading the letter from Chuck

I agree with some assessments . . . she sees how detached he has become. He's already dipped his toe into the "Saul Goodman" pool and feels comfortable there.

PS: GAIL!!! (boy, I had a fun time explaining his character arc to my fiancee!)
These explain Gale as well as anything:

gale.gif

breaking-bad-coffee.gif

LOL, yea that was funny.
Last nights wasn't the best episode but still well done.
Is it wrong of me to like the twins? Cause I do. LOL.

so just to be a jerk, I caught my fiancee up on all the important moments of Breaking Bad. specifically, how every character on BCS dies, LOL. so we watched the cousins vs Hank battle in the retail parking lot. She loves the twins now.

Anyone else have Comcast and regularly lose stations like AMC, CNN, etc? With what they charge per month, %*@#ing ridiculous.

End rant.

One quick question about last night's episode (my question doesn't contain spoilers, but maybe the answer will, so be respectful of people who aren't up to date):

At one point towards the end of the episode, Kim looks in her desk drawer and pulls out something small that she looks at very carefully. It was some sort of ornate thing with a "pointy" top. Does anyone know what this was? Was this the top from the expensive tequila bottle from back in Season 1(?)?

Thanks in advance.

One quick question about last night's episode (my question doesn't contain spoilers, but maybe the answer will, so be respectful of people who aren't up to date):

At one point towards the end of the episode, Kim looks in her desk drawer and pulls out something small that she looks at very carefully. It was some sort of ornate thing with a "pointy" top. Does anyone know what this was? Was this the top from the expensive tequila bottle from back in Season 1(?)?

Thanks in advance.

I think that was the "agave" top to a really expensive bottle of Tequila that her and Jimmy shared when they ran one of their "cons" way
back in season 1.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, it was the top from the tequila bottle.

It appears that Kim is not going to simply become Corporate Carrie and fade away. The writers have really thrown me for a loop this season. I thought at first that she was going to blow Mesa Verde, but, no, she joins Schweikart and Cokley, which lead me to believe she and Jimmy would simply drift apart. And now she’s full-blown Giselle.

Yes, it was the top from the tequila bottle.

It appears that Kim is not going to simply become Corporate Carrie and fade away. The writers have really thrown me for a loop this season. I thought at first that she was going to blow Mesa Verde, but, no, she joins Schweikart and Cokley, which lead me to believe she and Jimmy would simply drift apart. And now she’s full-blown Giselle.

Yea I did not expect Kim to break bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT