ADVERTISEMENT

Best PSU Moment Poll

What was the best moment in PSU wrestling?

• Bo pinning Myles to clinch the team title

Votes: 128 70.3%
  • Cenzo pinning IMAR

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Cassar beating Moore in the dual (19-18)

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Nevills holding Snyder to a decision in the dual (19-18)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • James English, All-American

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Kolat pinning Zadick

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • DT’s Olympic Gold

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Writht over Kilgore in Finals

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Wright pinning Gambrall

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • 27-15 December 3, 1986

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters
A few World Series moments come close but I wouldn’t rank bill mazeroski s game seven home over the Yankees in 1960 or Joe carters home run in 93 ahead of Bo’s split second turn around win

But when I think rivalry , team championships and individual achievements this moment I think tops my list . Again not the same thing but damn close .

A few World Series moments come close but I wouldn’t rank bill mazeroski s game seven home over the Yankees in 1960 or Joe carters home run in 93 ahead of Bo’s split second turn around win

But when I think rivalry , team championships and individual achievements this moment I think tops my list . Again not the same thing but damn close .

That one was amazing to watch live. Have to admit, hard to watch it now knowing what we know about the team Dr. . .

Kerri is an American Hero (or as close as an athlete can get) though!

Reactions: Bosox2004
Did I not address that?
I don't get your point here. I posted this earlier:

I have never seen anything like this. A comeback from x amount of points or runs takes time for example. This was seconds and it affected the team race along with the individual title. I don't know of another sport like this with two rivals from the two rival teams deciding both individual and team titles in one moment. The last possible moment.

I don't get your point here. I posted this earlier:

I have never seen anything like this. A comeback from x amount of points or runs takes time for example. This was seconds and it affected the team race along with the individual title. I don't know of another sport like this with two rivals from the two rival teams deciding both individual and team titles in one moment. The last possible moment.
I said they didn't result in titles. You replied that they didn't result in titles.

Then you responded again that they didn't result in titles.

I'm starting to get the impression that those 2 plays didn't result in titles.

I said they didn't result in titles. You replied that they didn't result in titles.

Then you responded again that they didn't result in titles.

I'm starting to get the impression that those 2 plays didn't result in titles.
Again, yeah? I obviously stated in my first post how it affected both the team and individual titles for the two rival teams. Others responded about certain dramatic situations and I said the same thing you said in your post, I don't get why you can't understand what I mean, I'm not denying what you said, I just quoted you reiterating my point. Nothing more.

hey dude nicksplat GIF

Reactions: PSUNAV
Again, yeah? I obviously stated in my first post how it affected both the team and individual titles for the two rival teams. Others responded about certain dramatic situations and I said the same thing you said in your post, I don't get why you can't understand what I mean, I'm not denying what you said, I just quoted you reiterating my point. Nothing more.
Maybe everybody understood your point from the beginning, and that's why I said up front about the plays not resulting in titles.

What I'm not undertanding is the need to keep reinforcing.

Last edited:
you left out Kenny Courts (my daughter's good friend) and the Shovlin's.

Your post brought back a memory. I was in 7th grade during the '60 world series. They broadcast the game over the school's PA system - during school -- the world series was IMPORTANT back then. School was out and I was in the halls of school when Mazeroski hit that homer. We went nuts though we were Phillies fans.
But the Bo moment remains at the top of my list. It must be one of PSU's greatest recruiting tools.

Reactions: Bosox2004
not much of a tape delay was it? since it wasn't half way around the world. I thought I was watching it live
I think it was 3 hours delayed. the game started at 5pm eastern. it aired in prime time, 8pm.

my cable is about 90 seconds behind anyone I talk to on the phone. and live sports are often delayed 3-5 minutes. so I haven't watched live sports in years.

I think it was 3 hours delayed. the game started at 5pm eastern. it aired in prime time, 8pm.

my cable is about 90 seconds behind anyone I talk to on the phone. and live sports are often delayed 3-5 minutes. so I haven't watched live sports in years.
ha, I swear I watched it during the daytime. Gettin' old :)

if you lived near Canada you could watch it live on their station. did you live near the boarder?
Nope, central Pa but at the time your cable gave you two NY channels - wwor, wpix (I think), PBS, and abc, nbc, & cbs. NBC was out of Johnstown and one was out of Pitt I believe...

Speaking of the 'Miracle on Ice', I remember it well. I was eagerly anticipating the tape-delayed broadcast when my ex-wife called me on the phone to tell me the USA had won.
Now you know why she's my ex-wife.

• Haha
Reactions: mcpat and hlstone
I personally attended the Bill Buckner game in 1986 (as a Mets fan) and the Stephane Matteau double-overtime game 7 winner to put the Rangers into the Stanley Cup in 1994, and Bo's pin of Myles Martin is right there with them in terms of experiencing the whiplash of defeat into victory when the stakes couldn't be any higher. All generational sports moments that won't be matched for decades.

13 seconds from Martin initiating his double leg to the pin.

Behind the bald guy was CJ Magrum - wrestled 184-97 I believe for OSU and got tossed around by our guys. Anyway, he was a huge turd on Twitter when I was able to lurk there, so it’s funny to see his rueful smile as their hopes died.

So much going on in the clip
One of the little things I noticed was when Bo appears to apologize along with a little smirk to his coaches after losing the team point throwing his headgear : )

Reactions: mcpat
I just went through the post real quick.
I didn't see anyone mention when Nolf gave IMAR his first lost. IMAR was being discussed as the next undefeated 4 timer. The one camera angle showed the Illinois coaches in background with total disbelief on their faces when he got put on his back.

Reactions: mcpat
I just went through the post real quick.
I didn't see anyone mention when Nolf gave IMAR his first lost. IMAR was being discussed as the next undefeated 4 timer. The one camera angle showed the Illinois coaches in background with total disbelief on their faces when he got put on his back.
Yup. You could see the resignation on Mark Perry's face several seconds before the fall was called.

Reactions: Callthestall
I personally attended the Bill Buckner game in 1986 (as a Mets fan) and the Stephane Matteau double-overtime game 7 winner to put the Rangers into the Stanley Cup in 1994, and Bo's pin of Myles Martin is right there with them in terms of experiencing the whiplash of defeat into victory when the stakes couldn't be any higher. All generational sports moments that won't be matched for decades.

For me that whiplash lasted 18 years and than it went away.

Fwiw I went to that series as well just not that game and to the cup finals in 95 Go Devils !

Incredible match
That crazy pinning combination was sick, but what is really telling in that match about Nolf and what made him special is that his attack rate was so high that he drew not one but two stalling calls on a guy as great as I-Mar. It's not like I-Mar was actually stalling. He was just under a relentless assault.

Reactions: Callthestall
Nolf’s snap downs are just brutal. I can’t imagine how his opponent’s neck feels the next morning.

Other reactions:

- IMAR didn’t know what to do on his back. Had probably never been in his back before. (I could prob coach him up on that.)

- IMAR tried to bully him around. Nolf didn’t back down and you could see the effect in his psyche.

That all said, IMAR recovered and beat Nolf at B1Gs and NCAAs. An incredible wrestler that would have been an undefeated 4xer if not for PSU and Cael-coached Nolf and Cenzo.

Nolf’s snap downs are just brutal. I can’t imagine how his opponent’s neck feels the next morning.

Other reactions:

- IMAR didn’t know what to do on his back. Had probably never been in his back before. (I could prob coach him up on that.)

- IMAR tried to bully him around. Nolf didn’t back down and you could see the effect in his psyche.

That all said, IMAR recovered and beat Nolf at B1Gs and NCAAs. An incredible wrestler that would have been an undefeated 4xer if not for PSU and Cael-coached Nolf and Cenzo.
He had 2 losses in his redshirt year, too, but yeah, undefeated in his four championship years. The irony is that Nolf also would have been an undefeated 4-timer (except for one injury default) if not for I-Mar, so it goes both ways.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT