ADVERTISEMENT

B1G+

yekrut321

Mar 31, 2016
Portsmouth, OH
Last year one of yous, y’all, or yunz gave a great heads up on a B1G+ promotion. I took advantage of that tip…thank you. I have been watching and waiting but none that I have seen. Has anyone seen any new great deals? Thanks for information to come!

Reactions: mjmirv
Last year one of yous, y’all, or yunz gave a great heads up on a B1G+ promotion. I took advantage of that tip…thank you. I have been watching and waiting but none that I have seen. Has anyone seen any new great deals? Thanks for information to come!
Are you from York County?

B1G+ automatically renewed for me around Black Friday. So I bet I missed out on this years deal. However I couldn’t watch Lehigh/PSU match the other day like I thought I should be able to.

B1G+ automatically renewed for me around Black Friday. So I bet I missed out on this years deal. However I couldn’t watch Lehigh/PSU match the other day like I thought I should be able to.
B1G+ doesn't stream matches televised on BTN.

Can anyone make a recommendation on school pass vs. sport pass on BTN+? The school pass offers a monthly and annual payment plan, while the sport pass only offers an annual payment plan. Any advice would be appreciated.

Can anyone make a recommendation on school pass vs. sport pass on BTN+? The school pass offers a monthly and annual payment plan, while the sport pass only offers an annual payment plan. Any advice would be appreciated.
Not to just state the obvious, but it really depends on how much you like non-PSU wrestling and/or like other PSU sports. The sport pass is perfect for me as I'd rather watch a Nebraska vs Rutgers dual or something than a PSU field hockey event.

We do the PSU pass for Fall and Winter (soccer, volleyball, hockey, wrestling) then cancel for spring and summer.

Problem with the sport pass is it is fairly useless for the 9 months out of season w no live sports. I am surprised they only offer annual.

Not to just state the obvious, but it really depends on how much you like non-PSU wrestling and/or like other PSU sports. The sport pass is perfect for me as I'd rather watch a Nebraska vs Rutgers dual or something than a PSU field hockey event.
Another thing to keep in mind...matches that air on BTN aren't available to stream live on BTN+. That means a BTN+ subscription gets you the following PSU duals live:
Dec 10 vs Hofstra
Jan 14 vs Indiana
Jan 21 vs MSU
Feb 25 vs Edinboro
All the other duals will be live on BTN.

And if you’re the type that can delay visual gratification of watching the event live (and just listen to Byers radio call), the duals usually get posted to BTN’s YouTube page within a day or 2 to watch for free.

Reactions: mcpat and yekrut321
And if you’re the type that can delay visual gratification of watching the event live (and just listen to Byers radio call), the duals usually get posted to BTN’s YouTube page within a day or 2 to watch for free.
It seems like maybe this year, they are only doing "condensed duals" this way. Not sure--but that's what they did for Lehigh:

• Wow
Reactions: yekrut321
In August, I received this coupon code for an annual subscription to B1G+ for $99 ($20 off): BIGTEN2023. Maybe you can use it?

Reactions: mcpat and yekrut321
I tricked my son into buying a pass under my account. I told him the Lehigh meet was on plus so he signed up. Now I can use plus and he watched the Lehigh meet on my cable BTN login. Win win, no extra money from me!

• Haha
Reactions: mcpat
I'm not even going to go there lol. Visual gratification. How's this
hot babes GIF

• Wow
Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Code EMAIL will get your $30 off an annual conference pass per email I received today.
FWIW, I got the same email. Was waiting for something like it to renew. Would have missed it had I not read this post. Thx!

Reactions: amattaro
With the “EMAIL” coupon, all schools / all sports is $95 a year.

That’s a lot of PSU sports, including football 24 hours after broadcast, and a lot of wrestling (including non-psu wrestling).

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s just $20-$25 more than the school-only or sport-only subscription.

Last edited:
With the “EMAIL” coupon, all schools / all sports is $95 a year.

That’s a lot of PSU sports, including football 24 hours after broadcast, and a lot of wrestling (including non-psu wrestling).

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s just $20-$25 more than the school-only or sport-only subscription.
It is. However, another option, if you are only interested in PSU Wrestling/BB/Hockey, is the monthly school pass which ends up at $40 for the four months of those seasons ($10/month).

It is. However, another option, if you are only interested in PSU Wrestling/BB/Hockey, is the monthly school pass which ends up at $40 for the four months of those seasons ($10/month).
Damn it!!!!

Anyone confirm if the one Sport only option has a coupon? I kept my eyes peeled every few days for the black Friday deal. There was none this year to my knowledge.

I prefer the wrestling only as you do get a few good matches (Mich vs Iowa will be a good one this year) - I assume that will be Big10+.

The full year at $95 for everything is tempting as long as the wife doesn't find out, but in all honestly, I don't really watch anything else other than football.

Reactions: oldcougar65
It seems like maybe this year, they are only doing "condensed duals" this way. Not sure--but that's what they did for Lehigh:
Cannot emphasize enough how awful this product is. In the past, their "condensed" duals were them picking 4-5 of the best matches and posting them in entirety.

In this model, they're posting what are essentially extended match highlights, but whoever is doing the editing has no sense of what a wrestling match is. You'll go from Starocci in neutral then cut straight to him finishing a single on the edge. What happened in between?! That's the real action!

Cannot emphasize enough how awful this product is. In the past, their "condensed" duals were them picking 4-5 of the best matches and posting them in entirety.

In this model, they're posting what are essentially extended match highlights, but whoever is doing the editing has no sense of what a wrestling match is. You'll go from Starocci in neutral then cut straight to him finishing a single on the edge. What happened in between?! That's the real action!
Go to the Event Calendar page. Click on the match and a second small window opens. Both the condensed and full meet is shown. Looks like we have both options.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: nerfstate
Go to the Event Calendar page. Click on the match and a second small window opens. Both the condensed and full meet is shown. Looks like we have both options.
My man! That's some terrible UX right there, given that the button that says "replay" and "watch now" loads just the condensed w/ a click. Clicking the thumbnail does give you the choice. That's in B1G+ though.

From what I've seen the freebie they put on youtube is condensed-only so far this year.

My man! That's some terrible UX right there, given that the button that says "replay" and "watch now" loads just the condensed w/ a click. Clicking the thumbnail does give you the choice. That's in B1G+ though.

From what I've seen the freebie they put on youtube is condensed-only so far this year.
Yep, I was just talking about their free youtube version.

Reactions: nerfstate
Anyone confirm if the one Sport only option has a coupon? I kept my eyes peeled every few days for the black Friday deal. There was none this year to my knowledge.

I prefer the wrestling only as you do get a few good matches (Mich vs Iowa will be a good one this year) - I assume that will be Big10+.

The full year at $95 for everything is tempting as long as the wife doesn't find out, but in all honestly, I don't really watch anything else other than football.
Mich vs Iowa will be broadcast live on the Big Ten Network on 2/2; so it will not be included (streamed live) on BTN+.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT