ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Pryst- does anyone care?

psufan9808

Oct 27, 2014
TOS has an article asking where he lands. I'm just wondering if anyone here even cares anymore? Personally I lost interest with the rumors of his dad steering him away from his own alma mater because of how the BOT treated JoePa.

Hello? So like the rest of the PSU family, you are upset at how a legend was treated by people who sold us all down the river to protect their personal interests? You think the best way to protest that is to punish PSU football by making statements about your son not playing there as a result? You think leaning towards football factory Ohio St is the best way to protest how Joe was treated and honor the true culture that Joe built?

I'm sorry, but I think senior is more than a bit misguided on this. How much do you bet that kid grew up dreaming of playing in Beaver Stadium with a white out crowd wearing the blue and white? But dad's feelings are hurt so let's push him to the anti-Penn State? I don't get it.

Reactions: cp4psu
Dad may not be pushing him away from PSU, rather, he's just not pushing him towards PSU.

I don't blame him one bit. We all have precious little ability to protest the BOT's actions, so perhaps they feel that
if this is one small contribution they can make to that end, they are going to take it.

I don't want him. I only want those that want to come to Penn State and never want anyone that bad mouths, in anyway, Penn State. This is my opinion and can not be changed so please don't try.

I personally hope he ends up at one of the CA schools so his dad won't get to see him play. Would be fitting...

I respect them enough to wish them well no matter. I also respect them enough to take the time to spell their names properly. If Ed sees it that way, then he should speak it that way. Grow up.

I'm pretty sure the Pryts don't care what anybody here thinks, nor should they.

Reactions: bmw199
I still want him. Why would we not want a PSU legacy with offers from Bama, ND and OSU. He also plays a position that we have zero commits for.
I hope he lands at PSU when the dust clears.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Dad may not be pushing him away from PSU, rather, he's just not pushing him towards PSU.

I don't blame him one bit. We all have precious little ability to protest the BOT's actions, so perhaps they feel that
if this is one small contribution they can make to that end, they are going to take it.

Huh? The corrupt OG BOT threw Joe AND THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM under the bus. So how does attempting to punish "the House that Joe built" and Franklin is attempting to honor (went back to PSU's traditional uniform of "Basic Blues, Black Shoes, NO NAMES, All Game".....literally said he was honored to follow "The Great Joe Paterno", was going to honor the Grand Experiment, I've always been a Pennsylvania boy with a Penn State heart, dreamed of playing at PSU, attended camp there but just wasn't good enough to play D1-A, etc...), so again, how does punishing the "House and Legacy that Joe built" harm the BOT? It's quite the opposite, it is doing their bidding.

Let's be careful guys. You have absolutely no idea what the conversations are between the kid and his parents. That is between them.

If he has a PSU offer, that means he's a terrific football player and also presumably someone who would wear the uniform well, be a great teammate and member of the PSU football family. But there are other great schools and programs out there and if another one is a better fit, that's where he should go.

Decisions are made for lots of reasons and there's no reason not to respect this family's decision whether he comes to PSU or some other school. It's pretty clear PSU is now at the point where no single recruit is a make-or-break. PSU is going to be loaded with talent, and very competitive at all positions, and some kids want to be part of that competition, and some don't. I would completely understand someone choosing a lesser program to have a clearer path to playing time -- just as I respect a kid who wants to compete with the best even though it means a starting job is not assured.

Holy smokes, I misspell a kid's name and I'm anywhere from needing to grow up to being the person responsible for their choosing another school. What's wrong with you people? I asked a legitimate question. Do people even care about what this kid being heavily guided by his father who seems upset and misplacing his anger/disappoint does?

If anyone needs to grow up it is his dad who is allowing his own feelings to overshadow his son during one of his son's biggest decisions. Dad has decided that dad will be the story. Sorry, but dad had his time. He should take a step back and let his son take the spotlight.

In this thread already we see some who don't care about their family drama, some who just wish them well, some who want the kid to chose a school to get away from a possibly overbearing father, and some who have disproven the logic of the dad and propose that he is helping the very people who treated Joe badly. I think there is more to talk about than how to spell his name but this is just based on a random sampling of posters responding. At least I didn't spell it Andrew Pissed which apparently is an accurate reflection of what his dad says that he is with regard to Penn State.

Holy smokes, I misspell a kid's name and I'm anywhere from needing to grow up to being the person responsible for their choosing another school. What's wrong with you people? I asked a legitimate question. Do people even care about what this kid being heavily guided by his father who seems upset and misplacing his anger/disappoint does?

If anyone needs to grow up it is his dad who is allowing his own feelings to overshadow his son during one of his son's biggest decisions. Dad has decided that dad will be the story. Sorry, but dad had his time. He should take a step back and let his son take the spotlight.

In this thread already we see some who don't care about their family drama, some who just wish them well, some who want the kid to chose a school to get away from a possibly overbearing father, and some who have disproven the logic of the dad and propose that he is helping the very people who treated Joe badly. I think there is more to talk about than how to spell his name but this is just based on a random sampling of posters responding. At least I didn't spell it Andrew Pissed which apparently is an accurate reflection of what his dad says that he is with regard to Penn State.
I don't think you need to grow up, and I think your question is a valid one with regards to the general feeling that he's already going elsewhere so are we still hopeful or trying to get him.

That said you are making wild allegations against his father that is all hearsay and has no credibility behind it. I would watch that.

Unless you're in that living room I'd just let the kid and family do what they need to. Nothing worse than sour grape type of posts. It is the kids and families decision to make.

I think people care but he was trending toward OSU so most assumed that's where he was going. I have no idea where PSU stands with him, but I think most would be happy if he committed here!

Reactions: mickey_PSU
I don't think you need to grow up, and I think your question is a valid one with regards to the general feeling that he's already going elsewhere so are we still hopeful or trying to get him.

That said you are making wild allegations against his father that is all hearsay and has no credibility behind it. I would watch that.

I hear you on the point about the father. I am going by what I've seen in the media which represents him as a bit overbearing and bitter at Penn State. But then I also have to give the benefit of the doubt that the media could at least somewhat misrepresenting him. I have little faith in the media not twisting the story so perhaps I shouldn't necessarily assume that they are reporting accurately here.

Still the point remains that it hurts Penn State football and helps those who attacked it and JoePa if you steer a 4 star legacy recruit away. That seems diametrically opposed to what the dad seems to be thinking that he's doing. So I do think that the dad is a bit misguided unless all of these reports of him steering his son away in Joe's name are inaccurate.

Well, if he does not sign with PSU and Franklin needs a player at that position he will just plug in another 4 star. Amazing to me how quickly Franklin has established that at PSU. To be candid, it can sometimes be problem if you do not land a top player in a position of need. It appears as though we are passed that point. We will not land everyone but we will get equal talent going forward. AND if Franklin can coach "with" TALENT we will be on to something :)

I hear you on the point about the father. I am going by what I've seen in the media which represents him as a bit overbearing and bitter at Penn State. But then I also have to give the benefit of the doubt that the media could at least somewhat misrepresenting him. I have little faith in the media not twisting the story so perhaps I shouldn't necessarily assume that they are reporting accurately here.

Still the point remains that it hurts Penn State football and helps those who attacked it and JoePa if you steer a 4 star legacy recruit away. That seems diametrically opposed to what the dad seems to be thinking that he's doing. So I do think that the dad is a bit misguided unless all of these reports of him steering his son away in Joe's name are inaccurate.
My point here is the same as the Hudson thread, what "reports" other than a radio mouthpiece nothing is in writing saying this. Probably bc those that write don't want to commit libel and it's not true. I'd love for you to post an article here proving me wrong, but I'm pretty sure this whole rumor is from one person, aka not credible.

Reactions: bytir
OK, I have seen it posted here a number of times and thought I saw it on 247 as well. A credible source, no, I don't have anything more than what I read on 4 different recruiting sites. But when you see something posted enough times in different places, you believe that it is likely rooted in something. That is what these recruiting sites are IMO. How many of our posters know these recruits or have talked to them personally? We just catch tidbits reported here and there and dream about top 5 classes.

OK, I have seen it posted here a number of times and thought I saw it on 247 as well. A credible source, no, I don't have anything more than what I read on 4 different recruiting sites. But when you see something posted enough times in different places, you believe that it is likely rooted in something. That is what these recruiting sites are IMO. How many of our posters know these recruits or have talked to them personally? We just catch tidbits reported here and there and dream about top 5 classes.

I think you had it right when you wrote you that you need to consider the possibility of media misrepresentation. I would just say that today's Media consists of mostly repeaters and not reporters. I know you have seen multiple posts about Ed and Andrew Pryts, but it is highly likely that it came from one source who presented no context for discussion.

TOS has an article asking where he lands. I'm just wondering if anyone here even cares anymore? Personally I lost interest with the rumors of his dad steering him away from his own alma mater because of how the BOT treated JoePa.

Hello? So like the rest of the PSU family, you are upset at how a legend was treated by people who sold us all down the river to protect their personal interests? You think the best way to protest that is to punish PSU football by making statements about your son not playing there as a result? You think leaning towards football factory Ohio St is the best way to protest how Joe was treated and honor the true culture that Joe built?

I'm sorry, but I think senior is more than a bit misguided on this. How much do you bet that kid grew up dreaming of playing in Beaver Stadium with a white out crowd wearing the blue and white? But dad's feelings are hurt so let's push him to the anti-Penn State? I don't get it.

For me personally, I don't care either way. If some legacy can't see the great opportunity of playing for his home state and the same school he grew up watching as it restores it's reputation and begins to compete for and win championships again, then that's his loss. This train is rolling and you're either on board or you're getting run over. We've all got choices to make in life and we have to live with them everyday.

We Are!!

What is the bigger insult, then? A legacy kid who's father still loves PSU, but decides to go to OSU and play for a scumbag. Or a legacy kid who's family/father is pissed off at what the leadership of PSU has done to it's greatest symbol, so he decides to look elsewhere? I'd prefer the latter myself, as the former suggests that JF is being outrecruited for a kid that most would assume would be an easy target for him.

Chances are, if it is true about Ed Pryts, that he is not the only former Paterno player that is still very mad at what transpired. He just happens to be front and center right now, because of his kid. If it's all true.

What is the bigger insult, then? A legacy kid who's father still loves PSU, but decides to go to OSU and play for a scumbag. Or a legacy kid who's family/father is pissed off at what the leadership of PSU has done to it's greatest symbol, so he decides to look elsewhere? I'd prefer the latter myself, as the former suggests that JF is being outrecruited for a kid that most would assume would be an easy target for him.

Chances are, if it is true about Ed Pryts, that he is not the only former Paterno player that is still very mad at what transpired. He just happens to be front and center right now, because of his kid. If it's all true.
Although PSU has had great success with legacies, not every kid wants to follow in their parent's footsteps. Zack Zwinak's dad played at VT and ZZ had a VT offer but chose PSU. One of Brad Bars' brothers attended Michigan even though he had an offer from ND, his dad's alma mater. I'm sure there are many other examples. So I don't think we should assume just because a legacy chooses another school it is because of some sort of hard feelings. With all that said, I still think when the dust settles Pryts may end up at PSU. Per an article on the OSU site a week or two ago Pryts was scheduled to attend their Friday Night Lights event and many expected him to commit. Apparently that did not happen.

Although PSU has had great success with legacies, not every kid wants to follow in their parent's footsteps. Zack Zwinak's dad played at VT and ZZ had a VT offer but chose PSU. One of Brad Bars' brothers attended Michigan even though he had an offer from ND, his dad's alma mater. I'm sure there are many other examples. So I don't think we should assume just because a legacy chooses another school it is because of some sort of hard feelings. With all that said, I still think when the dust settles Pryts may end up at PSU. Per an article on the OSU site a week or two ago Pryts was scheduled to attend their Friday Night Lights event and many expected him to commit. Apparently that did not happen.
I view it as the longer this one goes on the better it is for us.

I view it as the longer this one goes on the better it is for us.
Yep, me too bmw. Sometimes it takes a while to realize the grass is not always greener someplace else.

I would tend to agree with that . The longer this goes on, perhaps the stronger the home team pull.

Don't sweat it. Look at the posters and go back and read some of there (<~ see what I did there?) previous posts. You will quickly see that they too make simple mistakes. Makes one wonder what they have going on...or not going on in their lives, the feeling of inadequacy that they pounce on someone like that.

As you said they are rumors about dad. We don't really know for sure. Some kids just don't like PSU. Some kids just want something different. Some kids just want programs that they believe will bring them into the national championship hunt.

Now excuse me while I go start a poll thread on the best Bucs thread there is, or perhaps an obsessive post about how bad Rutgers or Maryland are and how they really aren't our rival (even though by doing just that they are creating what the say they don't want)

I care, I hope he comes to Penn State, but he should go where he really feels comfortable and wants to go. If that happens to be Ohio State, so be it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT