ADVERTISEMENT

Adam Breneman chimes in

BlackShoeDiaries has a nice write-up on Joe Brady who is QBs coach with the Buffalo Bills and former grad assistant with PSU in '15 and '16. He was also WR coach and passing game coordinator wth LSU natty with Joe Burrow.

A long shot but what is intriguing is that he works with pocket passers like Burrow and Buffalos Josh Allen. Allen often being the NFL QB most commonly used as an Allar comparison (now that Hackenberg is no longer in the league! ). After last nights debacle, and the idea that Buffalo will probably not even make the playoffs, he may be looking for a new home.
No thanks. Allen is floundering under Brady as the QB coach and he did nothing of note at Carolina (NFL) as their OC for two years. At LSU he had Burrow, Chase & Jefferson and a strong OL. PSU has none of that.

Last edited:
No thanks. Allen is floundering under Brady as the QB coach and he did nothing of note at Carolina (NFL) as their OC for to years. At LSU he had Burrow, Chase & Jefferson and a strong OL. PSU has none of that.

Allen is who he is. He's a gunslinger like Farve was who takes chances he shouldn't. Just something you have to live with.

I've always believed Brady was probably overvalued because that '19 LSU offense was essentially all drafted and many all pro types as well. Still, I'd be interested in hearing what he has to say. He's probably not as realistic today as he was Monday morning now though. So it's a wash.

With am inadequate OL and a TE who could not block, even Saquon struggled until Moorehead moved the TE wide. This pulled a defender out of the box. I think they should consider this now with 2 TEs who are poor blockers.
After the Minnesota game the offense took off with fewer defenders in the box.

However folks feel about Franklin, hopefully he makes the right call here. It seems like the best move would be handing over complete control to the new offensive coordinator and resisting any urge to micromanage.

I'm not sure if that's been an issue in the past, just my perception as an outsider.

Ultimately though, we all want what's best for the program. So hopefully Franklin puts ego aside and sets up the new coordinator, and the team, for success by giving them the reins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT