ADVERTISEMENT

Abdul Carter

Yes, in certain circumstances. Not these circumstances.
I have the law, and what actually happened, on my side. You have your own fantastical notions of a dream land in which you live on yours. We'll see which one wins out.

Here's hoping, when some stranger stops one of your loved ones, who is alone, at night, from entering their vehicle by putting their huge arm in front of it, you remind said loved one to just let it happen, and don't defend themselves with any object. The rest of the world will go on realizing that self-defense would be allowed in these circumstances. They won't cry that the person intimidating your loved one into believing that they can't leave, and something bad is about to happen to them, is the true victim in all this.

You have to just be trolling for trolling's sake, at this point.

I think you should volunteer to represent Carter in court ... we could all use the laugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hotshoe
After a couple years of covid arguing, I'm happy to see EC/OP and UNC in agreement about something at least.

The tow op must be charged. You cannot have tow ops out there making physical threats to students with a large metal bar. Charge him and let the court decide.
He has every right to defend himself and his property. Good luck, you're going to need it.

It would be very helpful if a video of this incident was available to determine how this incident actually went down.

As reported, it produces a narrative but lacks context on how the incident actually unfolded. Absent of this context, many here (including myself), who have filled in the blanks on what and how the incident went down.

If Mr. Carter chooses to supply context to this incident in court, then we will have a better perspective on his culpability in this matter.

It's a work tool. It is constantly in their hands.
The report states specifically that he picked it up. He did not have it in his hands the whole time. That is laughable. Further, once he picked up the large metal bar that could kill a human, he moved towards Carter with it shouting threats to him.

Why is it that a Penn State star always seems to be in trouble with the law during the off season under Franklin?

The report states specifically that he picked it up. He did not have it in his hands the whole time. That is laughable. Further, once he picked up the large metal bar that could kill a human, he moved towards Carter with it shouting threats to him.
Lmao. He absolutely uses that tool to cinch down the chains on a vehicle. Every tow truck driver uses these.

Lmao. He absolutely uses that tool to cinch down the chains on a vehicle. Every tow truck driver uses these.
And he doesn't have it in his hands the whole time. He did not have it in his hands when it was a non-violent misunderstanding. Then he went and grabbed it and made physical threats. That is a crime. He must be charged.

And he doesn't have it in his hands the whole time. He did not have it in his hands when it was a non-violent misunderstanding. Then he went and grabbed it and made physical threats. That is a crime. He must be charged.
You must be charged with absolute idiocy. If there was ever any doubt (there wasn't), there's no way anyone could now believe you received a bachelor's in any scientific area of study, let alone that you TAUGHT it, and suddenly began buying up rental properties almost as soon as you were employed, which allowed you to retire early. Change monikers again, SmithtonPersona of the infinite aliases.

Reactions: Phil's Rug
This is how this works. The tool is always in the back of the tow truck. It's used to cinch down the chains that hold the vehicle in place. A dude walks up, probably has 50 to 100 pounds on him, he'll yes, that cinch bar is never leaving his hand.

Personally, I keep a farriers rasp inside my truck at all times. I've been approached at homes doing folks horses to see why I was there. 3 times in 26 years, they put their hands on my vehicle, threatening to call cops, or detain me. Go ahead. Touch my vehicle again, and we're having problems. The tow truck driver has a right to defend himself. Furthermore, your take of what happened does not match the police report. Also, nothing, no matter what you say, gives Carter the right to put his hands on the victim, pull him out of his truck, throw him on the ground, or, physically move him to the grass away from his tow truck.

You never have the right to physically assault another human being in this situation. Get real.

I'm absolutely sure, Franklin is telling Carter, you did the right thing. Good Lord.

Have you ever been around a tow truck? Have you ever seen them cinch down a set of chains? Every farmer and rancher in America has a cinch bar to move equipment. I have dozens, I also make them in my blacksmith shop to specifications. It's precisely how they defend themselves for nut jobs. Particularly, bank repossessions.

Here's what you are clearly missing. Carter, who I love, has zero right to detain the tow truck driver in any circumstance. None. He Fked up and got physical. End of story.

Here's what you are clearly missing. Carter, who I love, has zero right to detain the tow truck driver in any circumstance. None. He Fked up and got physical. End of story.
End of story for Carter. He was charged and for the nth time, NO ONE is arguing that he should not have been.

The tow op still committed a crime when he went after Carter with a deadly weapon shouting threats to him. The tow op must be charged.

• Haha
I spoke to a judge about this situation and what would have happened in Ohio (not PA).

• Carter would be arrested on a criminal charge of assault and if the DA was a dick, could also charge for other crimes. DAs often overreach on charges to get a better plea bargain deal.
  • The Tow Truck operator should have called 9-1-1 and waited for the police as soon as he/she saw that Carter was unhinged and he/she felt threatened physically. Having said that, the operator did not break any laws. he could be arrested for making threats but that would be thrown out at the first hearing as he can easily make the claim that he was threatened based on Carter's actions baring him from the cab and ALSO because Carter DID in fact assault him (meaning, his actions with the tow bar ended up being warranted).
  • Carter assaulting the tow truck operator is akin to getting into a fight over the price of groceries with the checkout clerk. Carter's argument was not with the tow truck operator who was simply doing his job. His argument was with the owner of the parking facility.
  • As such, Carter would be seen as an over emotional threat to society and given a lesson so that he doesn't start being up a police officer who is giving him a speeding ticket, the operator of a gas station for gas being too expensive, a professor for giving him a bad great on a paper (arbitrary opinion of the prof.), or a coach who benches him for not performing his assigned task.
  • the owner of the garage should have written guidelines on what to do in a similar situation that includes calling the police and letting them sort it out when someone threatens them. In the case of a tow truck operator, I have to believe this isn't uncommon.

Reactions: PSUPride1
I spoke to a judge about this situation and what would have happened in Ohio (not PA).

• Carter would be arrested on a criminal charge of assault and if the DA was a dick, could also charge for other crimes. DAs often overreach on charges to get a better plea bargain deal.
  • The Tow Truck operator should have called 9-1-1 and waited for the police as soon as he/she saw that Carter was unhinged and he/she felt threatened physically. Having said that, the operator did not break any laws. he could be arrested for making threats but that would be thrown out at the first hearing as he can easily make the claim that he was threatened based on Carter's actions baring him from the cab and ALSO because Carter DID in fact assault him (meaning, his actions with the tow bar ended up being warranted).
  • Carter assaulting the tow truck operator is akin to getting into a fight over the price of groceries with the checkout clerk. Carter's argument was not with the tow truck operator who was simply doing his job. His argument was with the owner of the parking facility.
  • As such, Carter would be seen as an over emotional threat to society and given a lesson so that he doesn't start being up a police officer who is giving him a speeding ticket, the operator of a gas station for gas being too expensive, a professor for giving him a bad great on a paper (arbitrary opinion of the prof.), or a coach who benches him for not performing his assigned task.
  • the owner of the garage should have written guidelines on what to do in a similar situation that includes calling the police and letting them sort it out when someone threatens them. In the case of a tow truck operator, I have to believe this isn't uncommon.
The problem is you conveying it. You have already conveyed actions of Carter several times on this thread that DID NOT OCCUR ACCORDING TO THE OFFICIAL REPORT. Even with your trumping up Carter's actions, the judge has told you that the tow op could be arrested. And that is with your version of the story, not the official report.

The tow op must be charged. Let the court decide.

• Haha
The problem is you conveying it. You have already conveyed actions of Carter several times on this thread that DID NOT OCCUR ACCORDING TO THE OFFICIAL REPORT. Even with your trumping up Carter's actions, the judge has told you that the tow op could be arrested. And that is with your version of the story, not the official report.

The tow op must be charged. Let the court decide.
OK. You are 100% wrong and that is OK. Carter did, in fact, get arrested for assault and the operator does, in fact, have a broken rib. That, alone, is justification for him defending himself earlier in the interaction. Arresting him would be a complete waste of time.

I am done with this thread. Your position is simply nonsensical.

OK. You are 100% wrong and that is OK. Carter did, in fact, get arrested for assault and the operator does, in fact, have a broken rib. That, alone, is justification for him defending himself earlier in the interaction. Arresting him would be a complete waste of time.

I am done with this thread. Your position is simply nonsensical.
All of which occurred after the tow op picked up a large metal rod and shouted threats while approaching Carter with it. Charge the tow op and let the court decide.

All of which occurred after the tow op picked up a large metal rod and shouted threats while approaching Carter with it. Charge the tow op and let the court decide.
..and, of course, it shows that Carter was unhinged, dangerous, and the operator needed to defend himself.

..and, of course, it shows that Carter was unhinged, dangerous, and the operator needed to defend himself.
Nope. If he was, then Carter would not have carried the guy across the parking lot to deposit him on grass. He was trying not to hurt the guy. He was protective of his $100k vehicle that the guy tried 3 times to flee the scene with before authorities could show up.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Nope. If he was, then Carter would not have carried the guy across the parking lot to deposit him on grass. He was trying not to hurt the guy. He was protective of his $100k vehicle that the guy tried 3 times to flee the scene with before authorities could show up.
Dude, you are just so wrong on this. Carter had no right whatsoever to intervene. he broke the law, then doubled down on stupid. He assaulted the operator and will be convicted. he may plead down, but he'll be convicted just as Theo was.

Dude, you are just so wrong on this. Carter had no right whatsoever to intervene. he broke the law, then doubled down on stupid. He assaulted the operator and will be convicted. he may plead down, but he'll be convicted just as Theo was.
How many times do I have to type that I don't advocate Carter's actions and he should be charged?

It is obvious to me that bringing that up is a deflection to the tow op's crime that must be charged. Literally no one is posting that Carter should not have been charged. The tow op hasn't been despite making terroristic threats with a deadly weapon to a student who did not at that point touch him or make threats to him. Charge the tow op and let the court decide.

How many times do I have to type that I don't advocate Carter's actions and he should be charged?

It is obvious to me that bringing that up is a deflection to the tow op's crime that must be charged. Literally no one is posting that Carter should not have been charged. The tow op hasn't been despite making terroristic threats with a deadly weapon to a student who did not at that point touch him or make threats to him. Charge the tow op and let the court decide.
The tow operator can easily get off by stating he was defending himself. Easy. Especially since Carter ended up assaulting him, as you state above. The operator will say he would simply have been assaulted earlier in the confrontation. this is a non-starter.

The tow operator can easily get off by stating he was defending himself. Easy. Especially since Carter ended up assaulting him, as you state above. The operator will say he would simply have been assaulted earlier in the confrontation. this is a non-starter.
I did not state that Carter assaulted him and neither did the official report.

Before the tow op brandished a deadly weapon and shouted threats as he moved towards Carter, Carter had not touched him nor had he voiced a threat.

The tow op committed a crime and must be charged for student safety. You cannot have tow ops escalating non-violent misunderstandings to certain violence by making terroristic threats with a deadly weapon. There is no student safety if this is permitted.

Why is it that a Penn State star always seems to be in trouble with the law during the off season under Franklin?
You have a short memory if you think this is new since Franklin.

It happens because you have 100+ very young men with a lot of testosterone.

Here's hoping, when some stranger stops one of your loved ones, who is alone, at night, from entering their vehicle by putting their huge arm in front of it, you remind said loved one to just let it happen, and don't defend themselves with any object.
This the correct course of action. Deescalate not escalate.

I did not state that Carter assaulted him and neither did the official report.

Before the tow op brandished a deadly weapon and shouted threats as he moved towards Carter, Carter had not touched him nor had he voiced a threat.

The tow op committed a crime and must be charged for student safety. You cannot have tow ops escalating non-violent misunderstandings to certain violence by making terroristic threats with a deadly weapon. There is no student safety if this is permitted.
A) Carter physically blocked the way back into his own property
B) Carter eventually assaulted him and was charged

Case closed.

A) Carter physically blocked the way back into his own property
B) Carter eventually assaulted him and was charged

Case closed.
A) The tow op physically blocked the way back into his own property
B) The tow op picked up a large metal bar that could kill a human and shouted threats to Carter as he approached him.

The tow op must be charged. Case closed. Let the court decide.

Maybe he wasn't charged because he was an adult white male that knew the State College police from having towed for them and Carter was a black student. But what is 100% certain is that the tow op made a terroristic threat with a deadly weapon according to PA state law.

A) The tow op physically blocked the way back into his own property
B) The tow op picked up a large metal bar that could kill a human and shouted threats to Carter as he approached him.

The tow op must be charged. Case closed. Let the court decide.

Maybe he wasn't charged because he was an adult white male that knew the State College police from having towed for them and Carter was a black student. But what is 100% certain is that the tow op made a terroristic threat with a deadly weapon according to PA state law.
  1. I'm pretty sure that none of us know exactly what happened. We'll see how it plays out.
  2. He's been charged with a 2nd degree misdemeanor. I'm sure he'll pay a fine. Maybe also probation or worse. Hopefully it won't impact his PT this fall.
  3. It sounds like the apartment complex has a contract with the towing company to remove illegally parked vehicles. I suspect the tow truck driver had little choice but to tow the car. I'm not sure if he's authorized to simply accept money.
  4. I don't think you have any basis to make this about race.

This thread is outrageous and I think Edward has to be trolling or has skin in the game when it comes to this, right? The positions on here are just insane.

1. I'm pretty sure that none of us know exactly what happened. We'll see how it plays out.
  2. He's been charged with a 2nd degree misdemeanor. I'm sure he'll pay a fine. Maybe also probation or worse. Hopefully it won't impact his PT this fall.
  3. It sounds like the apartment complex has a contract with the towing company to remove illegally parked vehicles. I suspect the tow truck driver had little choice but to tow the car. I'm not sure if he's authorized to simply accept money.
I am willing to bet that accepting payment would be a fireable offense for the operator. Most people who can handle money are authorized because money movement without the proper documentation can lead to a lot of problems.

Imagine that. The tow truck driver should have called 911.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
The tow op had a choice to allow the authorities to come when Carter said he was going to call them or call them himself. Instead, he picked up a deadly weapon and shouted threats as he approached a student that had not touched him nor made a threat to him.

That is not a rational response. It is a criminal act. The tow op must be charged.

The tow op had a choice to allow the authorities to come when Carter said he was going to call them or call them himself. Instead, he picked up a deadly weapon and shouted threats as he approached a student that had not touched him nor made a threat to him.

That is not a rational response. It is a criminal act. The tow op must be charged.
Stop trolling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT