ADVERTISEMENT

A&M willing to do $76m buyout, to get JF?

CJF would consistently have us in the new CFP 12-team structure (we would have made the new true Playoff Structure 5 of the last 8 years) - no way they fire him.
will he? we are now looking at a new OC and possibly/probably a new DC in 2024, with games against UCLA, USC, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Washington. you think it's a sure thing he has us in the top 12 next season?

will he? we are now looking at a new OC and possibly/probably a new DC in 2024, with games against UCLA, USC, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Washington. you think it's a sure thing he has us in the top 12 next season?

Again, we would have made it 5 of the last 8 years if the new true Playoff Structure existed.

Kraft needs to do what he can to keep Diaz as DC. He also needs to play a significant role in the new OC hire. We are close. If the offense played half as well as Manny's defense, we'd without doubt be looking at a playoff spot this year. Calling for Franklin's head is ridiculous.

What total numbskulls the BoT, Sandy and company were in locking JF into a 10 year contract. And they were worried that he was going to walk? It sickens me that JF is literally unscathed with this move because he has FU money and knows no one in this hemisphere is going to buy him out of nonsense of a 10 year handcuffing to the university.

• Haha
Reactions: JoeParulz
What total numbskulls the BoT, Sandy and company were in locking JF into a 10 year contract. And they were worried that he was going to walk? It sickens me that JF is literally unscathed with this move because he has FU money and knows no one in this hemisphere is going to buy him out of nonsense of a 10 year handcuffing to the university.
Also, the way that the AD and university president did it on their way out, leaving the next administration holding that bag - that is almost worse than the deal itself

Franklin is a perfect fit for Vanderbilt or Stanford. I know Manny didn't do so great at Miami, but I'd be ecstatic if he was given a chance here.
Since I'm not a billionaire yet to be able to pay the.buyout we should start a misinformation campaign to convince A&M they need Franklin and he's the only one for them. Once he's gone Kraft should try to get DeBoer and if not promote Diaz.

Ya..
Like there are all geniuses here and no morons.... ROTFLMAO 😂😂😂😂😂🤣😅🤣😂😅🤣😂😅.....🤯
There are plenty but they don’t have a national platform to spew their ridiculous ideas.

Kraft needs to do what he can to keep Diaz as DC. He also needs to play a significant role in the new OC hire. We are close. If the offense played half as well as Manny's defense, we'd without doubt be looking at a playoff spot this year. Calling for Franklin's head is ridiculous.
We are not that close. The talent level on the team is fairly low on the offensive side of the ball and some positions are outright lacking in talent. We have holes on defense and are about to get drained during the offseason. You are right that Kraft needs to play a significant role in the new OC hire. He also needs to play a significant role in staff management and future hires. He does not need to do what he can to keep Diaz as more capable coordinators will be on the market this offseason. Diaz is good but we can't continue to overpay him.

We are not that close. The talent level on the team is fairly low on the offensive side of the ball and some positions are outright lacking in talent. We have holes on defense and are about to get drained during the offseason. You are right that Kraft needs to play a significant role in the new OC hire. He also needs to play a significant role in staff management and future hires. He does not need to do what he can to keep Diaz as more capable coordinators will be on the market this offseason. Diaz is good but we can't continue to overpay him.
I don't know how you can claim that the team is not close to being elite. The Lions have won every game played this year easily excepting OSU and UM. OSU won by eight points and UM won by nine points. The only let down was the win over Indiana in winning. The defense is elite level. Even with less talent on the other side of the ball, a good OC should be able to develop a reasonably successful offense based upon to the talent is available.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnmpsu
I don't know how you can claim that the team is not close to being elite. The Lions have won every game played this year easily excepting OSU and UM. OSU won by eight points and UM won by nine points. The only let down was the win over Indiana in winning. The defense is elite level. Even with less talent on the other side of the ball, a good OC should be able to develop a reasonably successful offense based upon to the talent is available.
Agreed. Build your team around the talent you have, not try to shoehorn it into the scheme you want to run. Get the best players you can and utilize their skills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT