ADVERTISEMENT

5 Penn State Players Primed to take the 'Next Step'

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020
TOP 5 PSU NEXT STEP LIST

See Link. Hard list to carve down to just five players...which is obviously a great problem to have and a testament to how deep and talented this roster is. Felt like Tengwall, Harrison Wallace, Cephus, Wheatley, Vanover, Izzard, and a couple others would have been worth candidates.

Great list. Probably 100% agree.

DDS - brings size and athleticism to DE. Our regulars last year were either run stuffers or edge rush only types. He could be both. If he is, dangerous.

Winston - big shoes to fill, but agree that he has the most potential. Be curious if he starts opposite Ellis or the #3 guy rotating in 1st.

KLS - I think the light came on late last year. Allar will sling it and he will have a great year. 45+ catches, 700+ yards is my prediction floor.

Durant - freshman don't typically play as much as he did without talent. Even less see the same amount of snaps at DT. I think he'll be a starter by years end, and wouldn't be surprised if he isn't out the gate.

Theo - possible dog house aside, I think he pairs up with Allar favorably as well. Curious if he goes to the backfield on the Power T a la Strange or stays on the line like he did.?

A few names you didn't mention:

Evans - Yurcich likes to throw deep. Evans seemed to have rapport with Allar early. I think we say his name a lot in '23.

Nourzad - while returning Olu was HUGE, I think our OL goes the way of our C. If he can be as good as Scruggs, I believe the OL will be better in '23 than it was in '22.

TOP 5 PSU NEXT STEP LIST

See Link. Hard list to carve down to just five players...which is obviously a great problem to have and a testament to how deep and talented this roster is. Felt like Tengwall, Harrison Wallace, Cephus, Wheatley, Vanover, Izzard, and a couple others would have been worth candidates.
I feel like we have a long list of guys tbh.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Looking forward to seeing him. Does he remind you of a previous PSU player?

Is he a Mark Robinson in terms of being a hitter?
I’m just judging from The video posted above. Maybe not a Mark Robinson type hitter, but looks to be a really technically sound tackler with a good nose for the ball.

Reactions: royboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT