ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2025 OL Jaelyne Matthews has decommitted from Penn State

F52VpmmXUAAjTU5

• Sad
Reactions: Online Persona
It stinks to have a recruit decommit, but kids change their minds and I can't blame them for doing so. I can only wish him the best of luck in the future and hope that wherever he lands, he doesn't make Penn State pay for his decommitment on the field! Recruiting can be fluid and while his decommit may be disappointing for us PSU fans, I understand players have to make the best decision for themselves. Wishing him nothing but success moving forward. The future is still bright for Nittany Lion football!

It stinks to have a recruit decommit, but kids change their minds and I can't blame them for doing so. I can only wish him the best of luck in the future and hope that wherever he lands, he doesn't make Penn State pay for his decommitment on the field! Recruiting can be fluid and while his decommit may be disappointing for us PSU fans, I understand players have to make the best decision for themselves. Wishing him nothing but success moving forward. The future is still bright for Nittany Lion football!
Easier to respect your decision if you hadn't committed in the first place.

Easier to respect your decision if you hadn't committed in the first place.
I see where you're coming from, but these are high school kids making huge life decisions. Recruiting can put a lot of pressure on them.

While it may seem like going back on their word, commitments at that age don't always work out once they really assess their options.

As fans, we get emotionally invested and feel let down when recruits decommit. But at the end of the day, these players need to do what's truly best for their future.

It's not personal, just the nature of the recruiting game. I respect whatever decision these young players make, even if it stings as a fan at first.

Their priorities have to be themselves and their families, not fans they've never met. Just my two cents!

Really. Do all these kids have the same ghostwriter? Or, are they all commiting acts of plagiarism? We don't care and you don't owe us any apologies nor do we have to respect your decisions. You are young and you can change your mind without our permission.

To all future decommits. Just decommit without all this disingenuous verbage. It would be so refreshing to hear the truth no matter how simple it is.

Just my take: this kid desires to be the #1 overall recruit in his class and he isn't going to attain that being committed early. He's going to make visits. Probably camp some more.

As long as it's not Michigan, it shouldn't hurt us on the field in the future.

It was a suprrise when he committed and all the analysts said it's a long way from the 2025 signing day. I'd rather have a de-committment early, especially since a lot of good OTs are still growing into their bodies. I trust Traut will find and develop a couple good OTs for 2025. No one thought Olu would be the dominant OT he is today.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Really. Do all these kids have the same ghostwriter? Or, are they all commiting acts of plagiarism? We don't care and you don't owe us any apologies nor do we have to respect your decisions. You are young and you can change your mind without our permission.

To all future decommits. Just decommit without all this disingenuous verbage. It would be so refreshing to hear the truth no matter how simple it is.
Right on Rip!

No problem. We will have Boyer and Sexton on the field in a few years; 6-8 and 6-7 and still growing. They will block out the sun! They both have nice offers and are only 250, 260 at this time. They will put on some good weight in the S&C Program.

No problem. We will have Boyer and Sexton on the field in a few years; 6-8 and 6-7 and still growing. They will block out the sun! They both have nice offers and are only 250, 260 at this time. They will put on some good weight in the S&C Program.
Agreed. But to field a top OL consistently the staff needs to recruit 2 legit OT's every year, which they had not done until the last couple of years. OT's can move inside more easily than Guards can move outside, so it seems.........

Reactions: Online Persona
Agreed. But to field a top OL consistently the staff needs to recruit 2 legit OT's every year, which they had not done until the last couple of years. OT's can move inside more easily than Guards can move outside, so it seems.........
No doubt. Matthews is a big loss but who's to say we are out of it with him? He maybe was given some other options and has decided to look further into them instead of doing so while committed. Maybe we end up getting him in the long run. Odds may not be great but we obviously had a lot of what he was looking for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT