ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Class and DT Sydir Mitchell

Gorki224

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2021
Hi folks, wanted to share a few things. The 2023 class started off with a bang where early on it looked like we would finish with another top 10 class. However now we are fizzling out missing many top prospects like the year we missed on Rucci, Derrick Davis, etc...etc...

Right now according to Rivals we have five 4-stars. From looking at previous recruiting years to make the top 10 usually meant getting around 13-16 four and five star recruits. I don't see that happening with our current targets. At this time the only confidence I have in landing 4 stars are Rojas, T. Robinson, Seldon, with an outside shot at Avery recommitting. Franklin seems to always find one plan B or C recruit that is a 4 star as well. So with the guys I mentioned plus a surprise or two, at most right now we will finish with 10-11.......4-stars. Still a good class but not top 10.

Now onto the debacle of how the coaches handled 2023 DT Sydir Mitchell. I am good friends with a guy who works with Mitchell's father. It was very important for Mitchell to play close to home. Basically, he was PSUs to lose. Coach Scott was in regular contact with Mitchell. There was some concern about Mitchell's weight. Mitchell was up to 340lbs. So I don't blame the staff for their concern. But here is the pathetic part. The communication with Mitchell stopped for a good period of time. Finally when coach Scott got back in touch with Mitchell, Mitchell asked why he stopped calling. Coach Scott replied, "I lost your number." Anyone that thinks this a miss construed rumor or a lie, it isn't. This was told me right from Mitchells father. Therefore, PSU did not make Mitchells final cut. Mitchell has committable offers from Georgia and Texas A&M. But PSU slow played him??? Last I checked UGA had a better D than PSU.

There is another reason why Franklin and Scott really f'ed this one up. They have Jason Moore and Will Norman both ahead of Mitchell, which makes sense. But chances of PSU getting Moore or Norman are not the best. We have shot at Moore but ND is the clear leader. Norman seems to like PSU but also likes other schools down south, where he is from, more so. Also I'm sure schools like UGA, Clemson, and Texas A&M have more NIL capital than PSU.

So if PSU misses on Moore and Norman will they land a better DT recruit than Mitchell who they would have had easily?

Also speaking of NIL, I was told the "Success With Honor" collective has raised about $1.5 million, thus far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News