ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Southern scuffle

Losing Spencer will likely lose them at least 10 points which is a lot. However, those who immediately thought a 15-20 point loss will be mistaken and disappointed. That's all. On balance the Hawks had a best case scenario waiting in the wings on this one, good on them.

Reactions: mcpat and danoftw
Fun match between Real Woods and Alirez ends with a Woods close win.

Reactions: mcpat
Flo's commercials are rediculous. Ive missed the end of so many matches during the scuffle.

You often see this same dynamic play out in family businesses where the parents assume the children will want to take of the reins some day. Doesn't work out that way a lot of the time.
Usually in these situations, the oldest son gets gunned down at a tollbooth. The middle son is an incompetent traitor. The adopted son is only good in peacetime. And the youngest son gets pulled into the family business. :)

Flo's commercials are rediculous. Ive missed the end of so many matches during the scuffle.
Really? Someone else said yesterday that they missed wrestling for commercials. I don’t think any have played during action for me.

Losing Spencer will likely lose them at least 10 points which is a lot. However, those who immediately thought a 15-20 point loss will be mistaken and disappointed. That's all. On balance the Hawks had a best case scenario waiting in the wings on this one, good on them.
Even if Spencer doesn't pin anybody, just tech falls through the semis and wins a regular decision in the finals that's 26 points. If the kid finishes 5th with a couple majors he scores 12 points. A 15 point loss is not a ridiculous expectation.
Short of Spencer, an Iowa kid coming up short at nationals is not all that far fetched.

Did you watch the match? If yes, is your impression really that this true freshman can’t beat McKee in two months?

Edit: Sorry; you didn’t say McKee; you said Suriano, Glory and Arujau. Got it.

I’d say his ceiling is consolation final and his floor is R12.
That is fair and a heckuva consolation for the massive Lee news

Folks it's 2022 - get an adblocker and you'll never see those commercials again. Ditto with YouTube and infinity other sites.

I recommend Ublock Origin, for Chrome:

For Firefox:

It’s probably easier since Ayala isn’t my guy (so to speak), but I’m trying not to be fooled by the David Taylor-Dake fantasy matchup fallacy (I.e. falling for the guy lighting up the scoreboard).
I think I once verified that DT scored more team points with 2 championships and 2 runner-ups than Dake with four championships though.

Folks it's 2022 - get an adblocker and you'll never see those commercials again. Ditto with YouTube and infinity other sites.

I recommend Ublock Origin, for Chrome:

For Firefox:

Where’s the Roku one?

May not have to depending on how seeds shake out. And I think he gets McKee next time around. Probably beats him this time with coaches in his corner.
Umm ... he'd have to beat one of them in consis to finish 3rd, unless one of them loses prior to the 3rd place match -- which seems extremely unlikely in this field.

Reactions: danoftw
Even if Spencer doesn't pin anybody, just tech falls through the semis and wins a regular decision in the finals that's 26 points. If the kid finishes 5th with a couple majors he scores 12 points. A 15 point loss is not a ridiculous expectation.
Short of Spencer, an Iowa kid coming up short at nationals is not all that far fetched.
Add in the points PSU now scores at 125 and it's a 30 or more point swing

The funest part of that kenned y match was the coach calling out the ref and it's all on camera/mic

Reactions: mcpat
I really appreciate you guys paying for Flo so I don’t have to. Way to take one for the team!
I know Flo has had its problems. My old man came over for the dual championship a few years back. But I’m happy with what I get for what I pay… especially since it’s not just wrestling. I’ve said before, their track coverage is second to none.

Reactions: PSU James
More Details?
The ref awarded a miss conduct point to kennedy, the coach kinda flips, the move infront of the table, the ref says that he awarded the points because his wrestler was "talking" to kennedy. The coach says I didn't hear any of it, are you sure its not a color thing, ref says ok coach you have gone to far and calls a control of the mat, the coach turns and starts yelling take a few points away, come on take a few points away..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT