ADVERTISEMENT

149 next year

I kind of think we'll see Keyshawn back down at 141. He didn't really look any bigger this year than the year prior and the year prior he was wrestling up. He'll be big, but I think that's doable. I don't know if he had gas tank issues as much as horsepower issues this year.

if Hayes drops back to 141 i cant wait to watch Lee Rag-Doll him! watching Hayes wrestle is worse than watching paint dry!

Sasso is going to be lightning on his feet at 149, I would say he easily majors or possibly techs Hayes. He will be trouble for anyone at 149 next year, Hayes will be at 141 if it’s true it’s his natural weight and Lee will decimate him like Zain did last year and Jason did this year

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Sasso is going to be lightning on his feet at 149, I would say he easily majors or possibly techs Hayes. He will be trouble for anyone at 149 next year, Hayes will be at 141 if it’s true it’s his natural weight and Lee will decimate him like Zain did last year and Jason did this year

Joey and Micah certainly weren't able to do that, but perhaps Sasso is far better than those 2. Are you thinking unbeaten 4 timer? I haven't watched him as much, and maybe he just has a rough midlands, but I never saw that this past season. Teemer beat him and he barely beat Lugo and Maruca. Those are all 3 guys I think Hayes is better than. We will see.

Joey and Micah certainly weren't able to do that, but perhaps Sasso is far better than those 2. Are you thinking unbeaten 4 timer? I haven't watched him as much, and maybe he just has a rough midlands, but I never saw that this past season. Teemer beat him and he barely beat Lugo and Maruca. Those are all 3 guys I think Hayes is better than. We will see.
With you totally on this one, JPW :). Not a big fan of talking superlatives before a guy has wrestled his first varsity bout. Sasso is a blue-chip talent with untapped potential, no doubt...but whoa on the majors and tech fall talk. In addition to those you mentioned, Sasso WBD against the likes of Omania, Pohlmeyer and Budock, while Hayes was barely losing to Pantaleo and Berger, and only lost 7-2 to Hidlay.

Heard the same thing. Hayes was essentially wrestling at his walk-around weight this season and will go 141 next year.

If Hayes is really a 141, the recruitment of McKenna made little sense from a need standpoint. tOSU efforts might have been better focused on locating a 157 at the time and they might have had better results the last two seasons.

If Hayes is really a 141, the recruitment of McKenna made little sense from a need standpoint. tOSU efforts might have been better focused on locating a 157 at the time and they might have had better results the last two seasons.
What national finalist 149/157 were they gonna get?

Guys at McKenna's level don't hit the transfer market often. When they do, adjust the lineup accordingly.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94

Guys at McKenna's level don't hit the transfer market often. When they do, adjust the lineup accordingly.
Also, Hayes was pretty good at 149. Was the 5 seed and lost his quarters match in tie breakers. Didn't AA because Sorensen fell into his R12 match after getting upset. I believe he beat Deakin that year too. He probably would have placed at 149 this year imo.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94

I get that. But I don't know how much they really gained. McKenna would have fit much better at Penn State. :D Nick Lee could have redshirted last year and McKenna could have gone at 149 this year. ;)

Reactions: Str8DBLz
I think the staff just saw a golden opportunity with that team race looking to be close that year and saw regardless of who went where they were going to have a strong line up from top to bottom

Please identify said available 157 pounder that would result in a better 2017-18 lineup than McKenna (141), Hayes (149), and Jordan (157). Adding McKenna to the lineup immediately transferred the 2017/18 squad from very good to a strong title contender. Only a great PSU effort and a bit of fortune (good or bad, depending on your perspective) prevented tOSU from taking the title that season.

You can maybe argue that tOSU would have been better in 2018/19 with Hayes at 149 and Jordan at 157. However, word is that Ryan wanted to get Jordan at his best weight (149) and also conveniently get him away from Nolf. And Brutus was still good enough for 2nd place, which was the best they were gonna do anyway in 18/19.

Hayes needs to be back at 141. His skillset is:
neutral
claw ride to set up his tilts

He needs to be at 141, to be able to do his claw ride and tilts. When he had to go 149 in 2017/8, the other 149s were too big and he could not win matches with back points.
This past year, at 157, I dont recall one tilt or back points. He was relegated to winning matches from neutral, and that translated into a 2-2 guy, not AA.
He really needs to get back to 141 where he can control the lighter guys from top. Plus, he would be a very long 141. He would slot in somewhere around 3-5, behind Yianni and Nick Lee as top 2 guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT