ADVERTISEMENT

149 is really weak this year and…

It was the weakest weight last year, too. Sasso is a good wrestler but he was the worst #1 seed by a good stretch.

I think SVN is a better fit for 149; he's got a longer frame and reach. I think BB is a great natural 141.

Yianni is the clear #1, Sasso is #2, but Tariq Wilson might be able to displace him. After that, wiiiiiide open. And between Cody, Nick and Zain, SVN and BB have training partners and coaches that should put them in a great position to go deep into that bracket.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
It was the weakest weight last year, too. Sasso is a good wrestler but he was the worst #1 seed by a good stretch.

I think SVN is a better fit for 149; he's got a longer frame and reach. I think BB is a great natural 141.

Yianni is the clear #1, Sasso is #2, but Tariq Wilson might be able to displace him. After that, wiiiiiide open. And between Cody, Nick and Zain, SVN and BB have training partners and coaches that should put them in a great position to go deep into that bracket.
Everything I’m now reading has Yianni at 41, which makes a huge difference.

Flo and Intermat have Yianni listed at 141 in their rankings

Looking at the Yianni that wrestled at Worlds vs the Yianni that wrestled 141 in college, I'm guessing he's going 149. He looks substantially more filled out.

Marinelli says hi. At least Sasso placed.

So if Yianni is at 49, then it’s basically Yianni and Sasso and after that it’s very wide open.

Yianni is just ducking Lee!
giphy.gif

Hot take but Sasso is closer to the "pack" than he is to Yianni IMO he's definitely a clear 2 but not a 2 like Mason Parris

Hot take but Sasso is closer to the "pack" than he is to Yianni IMO he's definitely a clear 2 but not a 2 like Mason Parris

Agreed. I think he'd lose to Lee and Eierman in both Folk and FS. He's a good wrestler, but, again, a pretty weak #1 seed.

No. Wilson is a clear 3 -- 2x 3rd placer.

Andonian is gonna be a big problem for a lot of people this year too.

Tariq put it on SeaBass pretty hard for 3rd this past season. If he had been permitted* to wrestle a full match against Eierman, it could've been interesting.

*That "pin" was BS.

Tariq put it on SeaBass pretty hard for 3rd this past season. If he had been permitted* to wrestle a full match against Eierman, it could've been interesting.

*That "pin" was BS.
Eierman got the AARP discount in that match.

• Haha
Reactions: nerfstate

I’m an Andonian fan — much entertained by his style and thought he had a real shot at Top 4 last year. Big question for me is if he can expand his toolset to continue the upward trajectory. Big-move mindset (and skill) is great, but you can’t live on it exclusively.

Andonian is also often a problem for himself. If he can find a way to clean stuff up while still being ultra dynamic, then yes you're right. Not a guy I'd want to see in a bracket.

Reactions: slushhead
I’m an Andonian fan — much entertained by his style and thought he had a real shot at Top 4 last year. Big question for me is if he can expand his toolset to continue the upward trajectory. Big-move mindset (and skill) is great, but you can’t live on it exclusively.
Unless your name is Bo Nickel lol

Close — but Gabe Dean match. 😉
Bo did a great job grinding out that victory. That big move threat from most any position played a part in forcing Dean to not just attack relentlessly, but instead look for that single game winner that Bo nullified.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT