ADVERTISEMENT

“We ain’t finish the payback.”Michigan's Metellus still seeking revenge against Penn State for 2017

safe_image.php

He sounds like a young crackpot.

Just to see if I was remembering things correctly, I looked up the 2016, 2017, and 2018 games between us. We didn’t even run up the score in 2017. Our last TD was scored with 7:53 left in the game to put us up by 29. In 2016, Michigan scored with 6:11 and 2:04 left to go up by 32 and 39, respectively. If anyone should have had complaints, it would have been us. Granted, the specific complaint is that we ran offensive plays instead of kneeling at the end of the 2017 game. But that’s really petty, and the fact that Michigan would get offended by that doesn’t reflect well on them.

Then in 2018, they act like complete classless jackasses, much more “disrespectful” than any other team Penn State faced and think they’re rightly entitled to that behavior.

If we get the opportunity, we should run up the score, and if questioned, Franklin should point out that it’s in response to last year’s disgraceful display.

Yeah, great points. They seem to simply not tolerate a loss to us. To wisconsin....we didnt play well enough, got outcoached. To Ohio State....yeah, well, they are better, better athletes all over. To Penn State......Revenge is coming mother fu*kers!

It's like us loosing to rutgers or something, although we would have the decency to direct our anger at our coaches and players, hahahah.
Reality is they know we have passed them for overall #2 in the conference behind Ohio State and with the way we're recruiting it's only a matter of time before we surpass the Buckeyes.

Just to see if I was remembering things correctly, I looked up the 2016, 2017, and 2018 games between us. We didn’t even run up the score in 2017. Our last TD was scored with 7:53 left in the game to put us up by 29. In 2016, Michigan scored with 6:11 and 2:04 left to go up by 32 and 39, respectively. If anyone should have had complaints, it would have been us. Granted, the specific complaint is that we ran offensive plays instead of kneeling at the end of the 2017 game. But that’s really petty, and the fact that Michigan would get offended by that doesn’t reflect well on them.

Then in 2018, they act like complete classless jackasses, much more “disrespectful” than any other team Penn State faced and think they’re rightly entitled to that behavior.

If we get the opportunity, we should run up the score, and if questioned, Franklin should point out that it’s in response to last year’s disgraceful display.

PSU has the chance to make the two schools "even" this year. Then it can all end.

Reality is they know we have passed them for overall #2 in the conference behind Ohio State and with the way we're recruiting it's only a matter of time before we surpass the Buckeyes.

Love the enthusiasm, but need to start beating MSU and I am not sure we are better than Wisconsin before we thump chests about #2 in the conference. Secondly, have you seen OSU's recruiting log for 2020 so far? We are not quite there yet.

Either way, this dweeb from Michigan should keep his yap shut.

Sounds like he aint finish freshman English class either.

If there is anything that James Franklin has shown, its that he has a long memory. He and the whole team remember what happened in Ann Arbor last year. If they get the chance, theyll keep the pedal on the floor for the whole 60 minutes.

They had their starting defense in til the end because they they wanted a shutout. It’s a load of BS. I think they really feel the need to put us in our place because they feel so inferior to OSU.

Reactions: Judge Smails
You might want to check our recruiting vs OSU.

Reactions: ram2020
You might want to check our recruiting vs OSU.
I'm talking over the next 3-5 years. I don't pay too much attention to tOSU recruiting numbers - they get a bit of a bump just for going there, plus until proven otherwise they don't live up to the ranking by usually blowing a head-scratcher like Iowa 2017 or Purdue 2018. They should not have even made the playoff the year the won their title as we beat them in a fairly-officiated game and they lost to a so-so NCSU team that year.

Love the enthusiasm, but need to start beating MSU and I am not sure we are better than Wisconsin before we thump chests about #2 in the conference. Secondly, have you seen OSU's recruiting log for 2020 so far? We are not quite there yet.

Either way, this dweeb from Michigan should keep his yap shut.
Wisconsin hasn't beaten us in years. We'll get MSU this year.

Wisconsin hasn't beaten us in years. We'll get MSU this year.

Okay, fair enough. We have had Wisconsin's number, but I must admit, I'm not lamenting the fact they are not on the schedule this year. MSU.....we'll wait and see I guess. I've heard a lot over the last four years about how bad they are, how our athletes are far superior etc. More than any one team, they are holding us back big time. 1 point losses to OSU makes me think we are a razor's edge from #elite. Close losses to MSU each year make me think we are quite a distance away. That was a depleted, bad football team that came into our stadium last year on homecoming and beat us. They finished 7-6......just going to be simply unacceptable this year regardless of what happens this weekend or at OSU.

Last edited:
Okay, fair enough. We have had Wisconsin's number, but I must admit, I'm not lamenting the fact they are not on the schedule this year. MSU.....we'll wait and see I guess. I've heard a lot over the last four years about how bad they are, how our athletes are far superior etc. More than any one team, they are holding us back big time. 1 point losses to OSU makes me think we are a razor's edge from #elite. Close losses to MSU each year make me think we are quite a distance away. That was a depleted, bad football team that came into our stadium last year on homecoming and beat us. They finished 7-6......just going to be simply unacceptable this year regardless of what happens this weekend or at OSU.
Dantonio is one of those annoying coaches and has one of those annoying teams that is not overall that good, but has some good pieces and is good enough they can cause a problem for you just when you think they're not a threat. They're basically a more annoying version of Iowa with some better athletes most years than Iowa. I think it's a combination of bad game-day coaching by us and good coaching and just general stubbornness from him and his team. They should have lost the last two games, but we let less talented teams hang around. Some good luck for their side didn't hurt, either.

Dantonio is one of those annoying coaches and has one of those annoying teams that is not overall that good, but has some good pieces and is good enough they can cause a problem for you just when you think they're not a threat. They're basically a more annoying version of Iowa with some better athletes most years than Iowa. I think it's a combination of bad game-day coaching by us and good coaching and just general stubbornness from him and his team. They should have lost the last two games, but we let less talented teams hang around. Some good luck for their side didn't hurt, either.

Yeah, sort of a long way of saying we are 1-3 against them over the last 4 years. I'm a bit amazed at everyone AGAIN saying we "get" em this year...they can't hang with us. We have surpassed them, etc. I got killed on a post last week that said Penn State was at a point where the iowa's, wisconsin's and Michigan States can only hope to beat us once every 5 years. This is a team that is our daddy right now.....no 2 ways about it. No execuses, no BS about luck, no "aw shucks game is over if we can catch an interception," no rain delay BS, no "we were not prepared enough." Just gotta actually go out there and beat them in between the white lines at some point.

Well it more entertaining and sure beats the hell out of arguing about the long term effects of COVID.
True. I’m not complaining about it, just wondering if I missed something that brought this thread out of the woodwork.

Had to look it up but Wisky hasn't beaten us since 2011!
2012 PSU 24 Wisc 21
2013 PSU 31 Wisc 24
2016 PSU 38 Wisc 31 (BIG champ)
2018 PSU 22 Wisc 10

Own wisconsin, own wisconsin!

michigan is a SHIT. SHOW. :eek: on all levels, and I’m loving it. F*ck them.

Beat those guys big at their place this year. That will be a real quiet stadium

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT