ADVERTISEMENT

“Penn State releases updated strategic plan and resources for unit planning”

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
:eek:

See the link below. From the article:

“UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — As Penn State’s 10-year strategic plan approaches its halfway point, the University has reviewed and analyzed progress achieved thus far to inform and guide strategic planning at the institution and unit levels through 2025. In less than five years, Penn State’s strategic plan has sparked creative thinking and guided advancements in the areas of health, sustainability, digital technology, the arts and humanities, and education, and set the institution on a path to innovate new solutions to further cement the University as a leader in Pennsylvania and beyond.

The University released a report this month assessing plan progress from 2016 through 2019 in conjunction with extending the strategic plan’s duration by five years, from 2020 to 2025. In November 2018, the Board of Trustees Committee on Governance and Long-Range Planning approved the extension, which was supported by the full board in February 2019.

“Extending the life of the current strategic plan will help important initiatives to grow and thrive, drive more progress in critical areas, build momentum around ideas that have emerged in the first five years of plan implementation, and enable us to support several signature initiatives,” said Nick Jones, executive vice president and provost. “We will be able to take a data-driven approach during the next five years that’s guided by our analysis of what we’ve achieved so far.””

https://news.psu.edu/story/605127/2...ses-updated-strategic-plan-and-resources-unit

SWEET. JEEBZUS. :eek:

Last edited:
“Extending the life of the current strategic plan will help important initiatives to grow and thrive, drive more progress in critical areas, build momentum around ideas that have emerged in the first five years of plan implementation, and enable us to support several signature initiatives,” said Nick Jones, executive vice president and provost. “We will be able to take a data-driven approach during the next five years that’s guided by our analysis of what we’ve achieved so far.””

I love the corporate speak in the above excerpt. "Extending the life of the current strategic plan" really means "We haven't accomplished squat so we have to keep the plan going until we achieve SOMETHING to justify it".

I love the corporate speak in the above excerpt. "Extending the life of the current strategic plan" really means "We haven't accomplished squat so we have to keep the plan going until we achieve SOMETHING to justify it".
I doubt their thinking is that clear.

".... innovate new solutions...." Did the University sub-contract this section to the people who wrote the MLK commemoration day announcement?

Reactions: Kiber
".... innovate new solutions...." Did the University sub-contract this section to the people who wrote the MLK commemoration day announcement?

New solutions don’t have to be innovative. Consider “Throw more money at it.” It could be new if they haven’t thrown more money at a particular it before, but is it innovative?

Now they’re going to innovate. barren means business this time.

New solutions don’t have to be innovative. Consider “Throw more money at it.” It could be new if they haven’t thrown more money at a particular it before, but is it innovative?

Now they’re going to innovate. barren means business this time.

Innovative does not have a good or effective component in it's meaning, though it's common to conflate the two.

See the link below. From the article:

“UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — As Penn State’s 10-year strategic plan approaches its halfway point, the University has reviewed and analyzed progress achieved thus far to inform and guide strategic planning at the institution and unit levels through 2025. In less than five years, Penn State’s strategic plan has sparked creative thinking and guided advancements in the areas of health, sustainability, digital technology, the arts and humanities, and education, and set the institution on a path to innovate new solutions to further cement the University as a leader in Pennsylvania and beyond.

The University released a report this month assessing plan progress from 2016 through 2019 in conjunction with extending the strategic plan’s duration by five years, from 2020 to 2025. In November 2018, the Board of Trustees Committee on Governance and Long-Range Planning approved the extension, which was supported by the full board in February 2019.

https://news.psu.edu/story/605127/2...ses-updated-strategic-plan-and-resources-unit

SWEET. JEEBZUS. :eek:

thems purty words.
My translation...they haven’t done jack shit.

Reactions: whart and Kiber
Innovative does not have a good or effective component in it's meaning, though it's common to conflate the two.

I’m amazed the powers that be at Penn State haven’t gone blind (physically) with all the conflating they do.

I’m amazed the powers that be at Penn State haven’t gone blind (physically) with all the conflating they do.

They wear safety glasses. Dumbly has the University concession. Afterwards, he collects them, scrapes the stuff into a jar, and uses it for hair gel.

They wear safety glasses. Dumbly has the University concession. Afterwards, he collects them, scrapes the stuff into a jar, and uses it for hair gel.
giphy.gif

The Robber Baron needs more $$$. I have noted the progress on his royal garden out front of the castle, though. He seems pretty urgent about that project.

It reminds me of the Penske file on Seinfeld, where George went to work at a job and literally did nothing all week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT