ADVERTISEMENT

Ziegler on Mohr Stories

first 45 minutes are GOOD. great summation of events leading up to the investigation/trial that defy the media's false narrative

Jay Mohr said in the interview that he believed EVERYTHING the media said until a few weeks ago when John directed him to his website

That podcast was posted only 10 days ago. If he stopped believing the media a few weeks ago why was he believing it less than two weeks ago? Did you listen to the podcast?

That podcast was posted only 10 days ago. If he stopped believing the media a few weeks ago why was he believing it less than two weeks ago? Did you listen to the podcast?

Jay mentioned those comments. I did not hear the date given in the Ziegler podcast. That may have been my interpretation of Mohr's given timeline

Jay mentioned those comments. I did not hear the date given in the Ziegler podcast. That may have been my interpretation of Mohr's given timeline

Sorry, but you don't just become open-minded. Mohr hasn't been since 2011. If he was too lazy to do his own research, is just reading headlines, and needs someone to hand feed him facts then he is just as bad as the rest of them.

One hour and four minutes in and I couldn't take it anymore -- all the parenthetical asides drove me crazy. I am an impatient man, however. I'll have to get back to it.

Reactions: sarasotan
though I will be critical of one thing:

Mohr fixates on the "sexual nature" GJ testimony of Joe.

again, that is probably the second most misquoted phrase ("I should have done more") in this saga, and I kind of wished Ziegler had taken the time to put that into context

Reactions: step.eng69
Sorry, but you don't just become open-minded. Mohr hasn't been since 2011. If he was too lazy to do his own research, is just reading headlines, and needs someone to hand feed him facts then he is just as bad as the rest of them.
I have no opinion yet since i've only listened to half. If you did not listen, Mohr did say more than once that he did a lot of reading prior to this interview. I assume that was since his thoughts prior to this.

Reactions: simons96
I have no opinion yet since i've only listened to half. If you did not listen, Mohr did say more than once that he did a lot of reading prior to this interview. I assume that was since his thoughts prior to this.

Why did he wait 4+ years to do a lot reading? I mean if he's going to be broadcasting negative comments on Paterno/Penn State for 4 years you think maybe he'd want to learn some facts before doing so? Instead of just reading sensationalized headlines?

This is the sorry state of much of the MSM.

Reactions: Ski
Why did he wait 4+ years to do a lot reading? I mean if he's going to be broadcasting negative comments on Paterno/Penn State for 4 years you think maybe he'd want to learn some facts before doing so? Instead of just reading sensationalized headlines?

This is the sorry state of much of the MSM.
Ask him. Just going by this recent interview. Have you ever changed your mind after being, at first, irrational? Of course you have. We all have. Baby steps is all we can hope for.

though I will be critical of one thing:

Mohr fixates on the "sexual nature" GJ testimony of Joe.

again, that is probably the second most misquoted phrase ("I should have done more") in this saga, and I kind of wished Ziegler had taken the time to put that into context
The two things Ziggy needs to clean up are his responses to Joe's GC testimony and the Sassano nonsense. Get those fixed and it's airtight and just needs the right messenger

Reactions: simons96
alright Ziegler Zombies, I listened to the whole thing. If Jay Mohr was Ziegler's spokesman, the message may gain traction. Mohr pretty much keyed in on everything that is wrong with Ziegler in the 2 hour talk.

- told him toward the end "stop yelling"
- told him consistently to stop saying "media" since it detracts from the actual point. It proves my theory that this is all just a war against the media for JZ - not a helping hand to PSU. He just can't help constantly bringing it back to the media.
- Mohr said something like - there's been about 6 times that you argued with me when I was trying to help you out. JZ just can't help but want to argue.
- Mohr pointed out that JZ needs to sort out the signal from the noise. He needs to stop piling on info in rambling fashion and create a succinct message.
- JZ actually seemed to understand what Mohr was saying at the end. Maybe he will learn to reshape his delivery. Probably not.

The date listed is May 16.

Continued listening but can't take anymore. Agree with kharp and grant above, the asides and rambling and Eagles tickets.

Totally agree, I honestly think JZ has driven himself completely insane doing this stuff for the last 4 years. And he is so used to arguing with people about this that he can't have a discussion about it w/o arguing. Mohr definitely gets it to a certain extent, and realizes how strong JZ's evidence is. JZ had a chance, with a strong argument, to really push Jay over the edge to the right side of this argument. Unfortunately, Zig just didn't quite do that. He did an awful job explaining the "sexual nature" comment. And he spent so much time rambling about irrelevant little details rather than hitting on the main points.

Zeigler's story is more about Zeigler than anything else.

It's a lot of things.

Mostly, he has nips around various edges.

He has not been capable thus far of telling a succinct story. His website, that he points people to, is an amateurish mess and while I admire the tenacity to keep everything there in chronological order, it would be 100x more compelling if it actually succinctly told the story.

I don't think he has the capacity to put everything together in that way.

alright Ziegler Zombies, I listened to the whole thing. If Jay Mohr was Ziegler's spokesman, the message may gain traction. Mohr pretty much keyed in on everything that is wrong with Ziegler in the 2 hour talk.

- told him toward the end "stop yelling"
- told him consistently to stop saying "media" since it detracts from the actual point. It proves my theory that this is all just a war against the media for JZ - not a helping hand to PSU. He just can't help constantly bringing it back to the media.
- Mohr said something like - there's been about 6 times that you argued with me when I was trying to help you out. JZ just can't help but want to argue.
- Mohr pointed out that JZ needs to sort out the signal from the noise. He needs to stop piling on info in rambling fashion and create a succinct message.
- JZ actually seemed to understand what Mohr was saying at the end. Maybe he will learn to reshape his delivery. Probably not.

Great post, Grant. Mohr was really trying to help JZ out, but I could only make it through about 30 minutes before it became unlistenable. Mohr was trying to get JZ to adopt a linear narrative in order to make his findings accessible to the casual listener, and JZ couldn't do it. That was probably JZ's best chance to craft a coherent message, but he blew it.

I give Mohr credit for giving JZ the opportunity. But I don't expect Mohr to become a crusader on this issue. JZ is the crusader, and he cannot stay on message.

Ask him. Just going by this recent interview. Have you ever changed your mind after being, at first, irrational? Of course you have. We all have. Baby steps is all we can hope for.

First, I have not been irrational for 4+ years on a subject that I haven't bothered to even research and then, when I did bother to research, became open-minded..

Second, I don't have a syndicated platform where I'm screaming my uninformed opinions, and presenting them as facts, to thousands of listeners.

When you or I do both of the above, then we can empathize with Mohr.

Until then. . .

First, I have not been irrational for 4+ years on a subject that I haven't bothered to even research and then, when I did bother to research, became open-minded..

Second, I don't have a syndicated platform where I'm screaming my uninformed opinions, and presenting them as facts, to thousands of listeners.

When you or I do both of the above, then we can empathize with Mohr.

Until then. . .
We disagree.

Zeigler took the contrarian position on this because he really has nothing to lose, can only gain out of this. I don't really believe that HE even believes he's innocent.

Sadly, Ziggy is a train wreck of a interviewee. He should really review this and other past performances while he's been behind a microphone to improve how he comes across. He has done an exceptional job of investigating the facts in this miscarriage of justice however he loses the public every time he opens his mouth. He's a fingernail on the chalkboard of public speaking.

Reactions: kharp1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT