ADVERTISEMENT

Zahid

pish69

Jan 11, 2016
NJ--The Shore
there’s a 1:30 clip on Flo pro (I don’t know how to link it) with Ryan Holmes interviewing Zahid.

This kid’s a special talent and I like the kid (I like our guy better)

Interesting his mindset. He basically seemed genuinely insulted that new guys are coming into the weight class with two national champs.

He basically said the new guys (he mentions Kemerrer, McFadden and Campbell) are in for a rude awakening and they don’t know what they’re getting into.

I love it and agree

I can't believe he can hold 174 on his frame. Then again Bo Jordan wrestled 165 so I guess anything is possible.

I know Cael is a traditionalist and always wants to start at 125 but it would be nice if he could bargain to START the ASU dual at 174.

Some of those guys will be better wrestlers up a weight (or two), but what ZV said is also true.

On a related note, I love our team/staff’s approach to weight management. Seems pretty apparent that kids get to focus more on wrestling than cutting.

Seriously, can we ever talk about Zahid without mentioning that he's big for 174 or Hall is small for 174. In general, I agree with your statement about our team but this comes up every single time he's mentioned as "he wouldn't be *that* good if he wasn't so big"

Reactions: crablegs1
Seriously, can we ever talk about Zahid without mentioning that he's big for 174 or Hall is small for 174. In general, I agree with your statement about our team but this comes up every single time he's mentioned as "he wouldn't be *that* good if he wasn't so big"
I don’t know if your quote of me goes with your response. My comment was general, and not directed at Zahid or his situation.

Question: Are Hall & Valencia the new version of Taylor & Dake? 2 gifted guys capable of pushing each other to become world champions.
Pretty good comparison! If Hall & Valencia stay at 174 they'll only total 4 NCAA titles between them, but could very well have their only collegiate losses to each other! Dake & Taylor each lost to at least one other person (DT only 1) and accounted for 6 NCAA titles.

Question: Are Hall & Valencia the new version of Taylor & Dake? 2 gifted guys capable of pushing each other to become world champions.
For me, what was most special and interesting about Taylor and Dake is that Taylor never could beat Dake, even though Taylor was so dominant over everyone else. So, to me, by my preferred metric, IMar and Cenzo are more like Taylor and Dake than are Hall and Valencia.

For me, what was most special and interesting about Taylor and Dake is that Taylor never could beat Dake, even though Taylor was so dominant over everyone else. So, to me, by my preferred metric, IMar and Cenzo are more like Taylor and Dake than are Hall and Valencia.
Except that Imar did beat Cenzo

Except that Imar did beat Cenzo
From the perspective of the original question, which duo is more more likely to have their rivalry fuel a drive to both become world champions.
Hall & Valencia or Cenzo & IMar

From the perspective of the original question, which duo is more more likely to have their rivalry fuel a drive to both become world champions.
Hall and Valencia, I think, especially since they have 4 collegiate years together. They have more years together than Taylor & Dake.

Reactions: Antaeus
I think you're supposed to see the humor, not the logic. Thus the emoji.:cool:
As was pernted out to me yesterday, yes, I did miss that and I'm not trying to defend my position.

And, as I also keep trying to tell you folks: I'm not very smart, so, yes, I'm going to miss a lot of electronic nuances in communication. Hence, the emoji. :oops:

Reactions: diggerpup
Hall and Valencia, I think, especially since they have 4 collegiate years together. They have more years together than Taylor & Dake.
I think you meant Cenzo & IMar at the end there. I agree but for the reason I see more world champion potential as well.

Another question: of all the current NCAA wrestlers, how would you rank their potential to become Freestyle world champions?

I think you meant Cenzo & IMar at the end there. I agree but for the reason I see more world champion potential as well.

Another question: of all the current NCAA wrestlers, how would you rank their potential to become Freestyle world champions?
I meant Taylor and Dake, but Cenzo and IMar works too. Some of Taylor’s and Dake’s collegiate years were at different weights, so, they have fewer years “together” than Hall and Zahid. I see the world-champion potential your way, too, but I would not be shocked to be wrong by Cenzo and IMar becoming champs.

As was pernted out to me yesterday, yes, I did miss that and I'm not trying to defend my position.

And, as I also keep trying to tell you folks: I'm not very smart, so, yes, I'm going to miss a lot of electronic nuances in communication. Hence, the emoji. :oops:
Don't think you have worry about that part of the comment being contentious, it may be the most agreed upon comment published

Don't think you have worry about that part of the comment being contentious, it may be the most agreed upon comment published
Thanks. I appreciate it, but I'll certainly put my level of education, and twenty-three year occupation resulting from it, up against you any time, my man. ;)

Now, THAT would not be contentious. ;)

Last edited:
I like your original comparison at first impression, but when I overthink it as I do with everything, then I think if we call Taylor/Dake a “rivalry”, then we’d have to call Nickal/Martin an even greater “rivalry”, which I don’t want to do.

I wonder what Dake fans think about whether Dake/Taylor was a significant “rivalry”.

[edit: I realize that you actually never used the word rivalry to describe Dake/Taylor.]

More like a Captain Obvious comment. Although, it is nice to have him remind of how highly educated and intelligent he is. It is easy to overlook that after reading some of his posts. :)
And, how often do I remind folks that I'm stupid, vis a vis my education? The education ONLY comes up when someone chooses to insult me and my intellect, or lack thereof.

Do you care to compare resumes yourself, boy? If not, then take a gander in the mirror sometime when you call someone an idiot.

Last edited:
When the BWI yearbook comes out, who will win the election for:

Most likely to post the sentence: “but enough about that, let’s talk about me” ?
Those who choose to insult others, with no provocation for doing so?

Point the fingers elsewhere, my man. I'm simply doing what I always do: defending myself. If that's objectionable, then take up your phony "outrage" with the ones who insult me first.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT