ADVERTISEMENT

Your top Muskie & Northern Pike lakes in Pa.

The Kinzua Res. is a good choice. I have fished it for walleye in the spring and in the fall when I am at my deer camp west of Bradford.

Reactions: TheGLOV
This is a lot tougher than picking spots for bass. You can do a lot of fishing for muskies and northern pike without catching any. People suggest that the 1 mile stretch of Tionesta Creek from the spillway to the Allegheny River has as dense a population of these two species as anywhere in the state.

These 4 posts of designated for feedback from Pennsylvania anglers!

Let's discuss.

Who's up first?

List your lakes and maybe your experiences (fish tales!)

Tight lines to all!!

:)
Lake Lebough and Lake Erie

I’m not saying it’s a top spot for muskie, but when I was camping at Ricketts Glenn in my early 20’s I rented a row boat to fish the lake one day. I fished from the shore for the most part. Anyway, trying to move from one spot in the lake to another, 8 thought I would put on a small red and white daredevil spoon and “troll” while rowing across the lake. Wouldn’t you know it, I caught a 15 inch tiger muskie.

Also, I grew up a stone’s throw from the Swatara creek between Hershey and Middletown. There was a deep channel there and several nice muskies were caught there. My neighbor used to go to the neighborhood boat launch and fish every nite. He eventually landed a muskie that was about 40”. Not a giant, but pretty cool for a body of water that size.

Caught a ton of pike in my years mostly in NY and Canada. Saw my first Tiger last year on the lower susqy last October as it followed my fluke to the boat. It looked like it was 25-30”.

Last Wednesday I was throwing (again in the lower susqy) a fluke and as soon as it the water a small tiger came flying out of the water (~24”). Never touched my lure and may have been going after another fish going after the lure, but it got me thinking of buying a dedicated set-up and start targeting them.

Pymatuning, Somerset, Stone Valley.

Toss in Caulder. (formerly).

Pymatuning is king for musky in Pa. I have seen it listed in the top 10 for musky in the country.
West branch of the Susquehanna is good for musky.
I mentioned Cowenesque in the other thread. You can go there and expect to have follows even if you don't hook any musky

These 4 posts of designated for feedback from Pennsylvania anglers!

Let's discuss.

Who's up first?

List your lakes and maybe your experiences (fish tales!)

Tight lines to all!!

:)
The Susquehanna from the Muncy bridge down to the Montgomery boat club is a great spot for big Muskies. Tough to catch but you can see them pretty regularly under your boat along that whole stretch.

I’m not saying it’s a top spot for muskie, but when I was camping at Ricketts Glenn in my early 20’s I rented a row boat to fish the lake one day. I fished from the shore for the most part. Anyway, trying to move from one spot in the lake to another, 8 thought I would put on a small red and white daredevil spoon and “troll” while rowing across the lake. Wouldn’t you know it, I caught a 15 inch tiger muskie.

Also, I grew up a stone’s throw from the Swatara creek between Hershey and Middletown. There was a deep channel there and several nice muskies were caught there. My neighbor used to go to the neighborhood boat launch and fish every nite. He eventually landed a muskie that was about 40”. Not a giant, but pretty cool for a body of water that size.
Lake Jean at Rickett’s Glen is a nice little lake. Tons of perch and pickerel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT