ADVERTISEMENT

Yinz guys are all wrong....Hack has a big day!

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
I know everyone is predicting that PSU will come out grinding it out and establishing the run. SB and Lynch having big days. SDSU's 3-3-5 D will allow us to run and make passing difficult. The Army game will be when the air attack is launched. But that is all wrong.

Its going to be the first dry day for the new O.The ball will be dry, Hack's hands will be dry, receiver's hands will be dry, the field will be dry. Look for the O to light it up over the top. Sure there will be some big runs but PSU will unleash its big Hack Attack and go deep several times.

Can't afford to wait for the Army game because the weather is unpredictable. Gotta air it out when the weather permits. Plus, even SDSU is going to try to stop the run with run blitzes and close line play. Look for some early runs along with play action passes to TE and a few deep balls. Once their D is on its heels the fun begins.

Hack 16-27 337 yds 2 TDs 1 Int
SB 84 yds 1 TD
Lynch 123 yds 2 TDs
PSU wins 35-10

Call your bookies....bet the house.

PS Ok so the last line is in jest, don't bet the house as all prognostications are for entertainment purposes only!

I know everyone is predicting that PSU will come out grinding it out and establishing the run. SB and Lynch having big days. SDSU's 3-3-5 D will allow us to run and make passing difficult. The Army game will be when the air attack is launched. But that is all wrong.

Its going to be the first dry day for the new O.The ball will be dry, Hack's hands will be dry, receiver's hands will be dry, the field will be dry. Look for the O to light it up over the top. Sure there will be some big runs but PSU will unleash its big Hack Attack and go deep several times.

Can't afford to wait for the Army game because the weather is unpredictable. Gotta air it out when the weather permits. Plus, even SDSU is going to try to stop the run with run blitzes and close line play. Look for some early runs along with play action passes to TE and a few deep balls. Once their D is on its heels the fun begins.

SB 84 yds 1 TD
Lynch 123 yds 2 TDs
PSU wins 35-10

PS Ok so the last line is in jest, don't bet the house as all prognostications are for entertainment purposes only!
I agree with this. ONE game is not enough time to tune up the passing game before the meat of the BIG schedule. We're not going to fix it in one game, today is the day to start chuckin' it.

I guess Indiana couldn't be considered the "meat" of the BIG schedule, but still, only 3 games til we head to the 'Shoe, time to start getting tuned up.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
I agree with this. ONE game is not enough time to tune up the passing game before the meat of the BIG schedule. We're not going to fix it in one game, today is the day to start chuckin' it.

I guess Indiana couldn't be considered the "meat" of the BIG schedule, but still, only 3 games til we head to the 'Shoe, time to start getting tuned up.

Agree the next three games are a gift that should not be wasted. Hope the OL is up to opening it up a bit.

Now who predicted Hack having a good day?? Oh yeah, that was me.

Hack was doing well from the start of the game. When two backs went down, one would think that would mean
Hack would get a lot more passing but that also meant that SDSU also knew we had to go to the air more and they adjusted. Losing a solid ground game hurt the passing game also.

Here's hoping both are back soon but it doesn't sound good for Lynch. Shame as he is a hard working guy that paid his dues and earned his spot. Barkley's looks like ankle sprain which are hard to predict.

Now who predicted Hack having a good day?? Oh yeah, that was me.

Hack was doing well from the start of the game. When two backs went down, one would think that would mean
Hack would get a lot more passing but that also meant that SDSU also knew we had to go to the air more and they adjusted. Losing a solid ground game hurt the passing game also.

Here's hoping both are back soon but it doesn't sound good for Lynch. Shame as he is a hard working guy that paid his dues and earned his spot. Barkley's looks like ankle sprain which are hard to predict.
Pretty good predictions,now how do the Eagles do Sunday?

SB 84 yds 1 TD
Lynch 123 yds 2 TDs
PSU wins 35-10

Bushwood does not approve this message

Really happy to see Hack play so well. He made a few passes that very few college QB's can make. Great composure in the pocket. He also moved around the pocket and boiught himself some additional time - more than once. He overthrew a couple of deep ball opportunities but, otherwise, he played really well. He stepped up after Barkley and Lynch went out. Great job, Hack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT