ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes...psycho parent alert.

I remember seeing a short clip a while back, of a woman in Europe (had to be the mother of the losing wrestler) go out on to the mat and slap the head of the winning wrestler.

Reactions: danoftw
How brutally embarrassing for the kid more so than anyone else. He will be forever clowned by friends and classmates for that stupid act of his father.
If the old man has good friends, they will forever torment the hell out of the clown also.

Things that really make you want to ask someone, "so, what the was the thought process that allowed you to conclude this is a good idea?"

If the old man has good friends, they will forever torment the hell out of the clown also.

Things that really make you want to ask someone, "so, what the was the thought process that allowed you to conclude this is a good idea?"
My guess is that his friends are with him at The Moose Lodge slapping him on the back for a job well done.

This looks terrible and inexcusable and I'm confident the dad would like to rewind and make a different choice. But there's almost always more to the story than meets the eye from a brief cell phone clip. For example, it appears the top kid brought the bottom kid down hard dangerously close to his neck. If the top kid has a history of trying to injure opponents (to imagine one possible scenario), it could help explain why a parent might react this way. Either way, you hate to see something like this.

Reactions: MDAlum

I'm thinking the good friends would tell him he was a jacka$$

Reactions: lookleft goright
This looks terrible and inexcusable and I'm confident the dad would like to rewind and make a different choice. But there's almost always more to the story than meets the eye from a brief cell phone clip. For example, it appears the top kid brought the bottom kid down hard dangerously close to his neck. If the top kid has a history of trying to injure opponents (to imagine one possible scenario), it could help explain why a parent might react this way. Either way, you hate to see something like this.
Even under those circumstances that would not be an excuse. I was on the receiving end of a head butt in the face in a high school match from a know cheap shot artist. My Dad sat in the stands. I flopped backwards like I was shot and asked my coach if he wanted me to take the six. I was okay and finished the one second left in the match.

Guy doesn't have a 4.4. 40 but he was out there really quick. Leads me to believe he was right on the edge of going off anyway. He should never see the inside of a gym again.

Reactions: nitlion6
The guy is from Kannapolis NC ( Birthplace of Dale Earnhardt ). Kannapolis is 30 minutes from my house. It is all over the news here. It was called an illegal slam by the ref.....but the father did what he did. Rumor has it the announcer yelled "Fist to the back" Glad both kids are OK. The Father?....not OK

I get seeing your kid get hurt is every parent's worst nightmare but you have to understand there is that risk when you sign up for wrestling. Don't let your kid play contact sports if you're that terrified of it (albeit I wouldn't say that is the best idea either obviously)

Also - his kid wasn't hurt (and he clearly should have seen that) his son was in the referee's position ready to go. It was not intentional and it is the referee's job to protect the wrestlers on the mat (even if some don't do that good of a job at it)

The dad should have checked his son then got in the refs face. The ref never moved to check the kid that got slammed or move to verbally caution the other kid.
No reason to attack the kid cause it was over. Stupid cheap shot.
The dad should spend some time in custody and never see the inside of a sporting event ever as part of any parole. A nice hefty fine would be good too.
My son got bull rushed and head butted in a sectional finals match and the ref and coaches were all over it. He won a DQ but was out with a concussion for the rest of the year. Not fair cause the other kid got to move to Districts cause Ohio does disqualify going forward in wrestling like in football.

I watched 2 mother's duke it out in the bleachers once. They were fighting over who's kid was better. Their kids were 8 years old. Crazy

How brutally embarrassing for the kid more so than anyone else. He will be forever clowned by friends and classmates for that stupid act of his father.

It could have been worse; it could have been his mother!:confused:

It could have been worse; it could have been his mother!:confused:
Cn9cxCq.jpg

Reactions: lionlover
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT