ADVERTISEMENT

Yea, I know but I'm going to do it anyway. TV alert today at 2 on BTN WBB Michigan at PSU.

I'm not a big Washington fan, but she does have two guards in Page and Carter that can run her type of offense. The downfall the two prior years was because of 13' recruiting class which had 7 freshman and Sierra Moore as a transfer from Duke. Of the seven only three are left on the team - Whitted, Mitchell and Spann. Those three are mainly role players now, but when they were the core of the team for those two years - the team was pretty bad. I would suspect that Washington saved her job this year - if it was in jeopardy; and, the team will be strong enough the next two years to be compete in the Big 10 as they did this year.

I'm not a big Washington fan, but she does have two guards in Page and Carter that can run her type of offense. The downfall the two prior years was because of 13' recruiting class which had 7 freshman and Sierra Moore as a transfer from Duke. Of the seven only three are left on the team - Whitted, Mitchell and Spann. Those three are mainly role players now, but when they were the core of the team for those two years - the team was pretty bad. I would suspect that Washington saved her job this year - if it was in jeopardy; and, the team will be strong enough the next two years to be compete in the Big 10 as they did this year.

Recruiting numbers have been very erratic.

First two classes were typical 3-4.

Then 2 straight years of only 1. Big girl from Georgia one year and then Agee second year.

Then the 7 player year with Degraf, Harris, Sevilian and big girl from Baltimore now gone. I would probably cut Mitchell, Whitted and Spann a little more respect that being role players. Mitchell and Whitted are probably the leading rebounders (although I could be wrong about that).

Then ZERO next year.

Back now to 2-3 in last 2 classes.

However, ongoing problems are turnovers and lack of discipline. Especially bad when the coach was a point guard in her playing days.

I have previously predicted this, but we will never get past the sweet 16 with CW, and will get that far only if we host the first 2 games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT