ADVERTISEMENT

WVU UNC

Or he was being honest. Greene is a subpar P5 QB which anyone being honest saw all year (hence Brown's frustration) and the D carried them this year allowing them to beat a bunch of 6 win teams or less. Brown knows what he's looking at next year. Did you want him to pretend this was a impressive win like those here?
Agree Greene didn't look great and is not the best....but he played hurt.....just seems like Brown could have been a bit more gracious with Greene standing next to him with his arm around him.

They're winning a scrimmage against a team starting a QB for the first time that threw 6 passes all year as UNC's elite QB understands this game doesn't mean anything.
WVU is an awful team--we can go over their schedule and how lucky they got again if you want to
Pretending this bowl games means anything is comical...and desperate
And, again, I did stay they "wouldn't win more than 3"--reading is hard.
Dude WVU won 9 games this year. They would have won 10 if they didn't choke last minute of other game. You literally could not be more wrong with your drumbeat.

Dude WVU won 9 games this year. They would have won 10 if they didn't choke last minute of other game. You literally could not be more wrong with your drumbeat.
They won 8. As unlucky as they were against Houston they got just as lucky against Baylor and others. 8 wins doesn't make you a good team. Review who they beat. There's a reason they aren't getting any respect in the polls with 8 wins...because it's a soft 8 wins. This nonsense is the same reason people think FSU winning 13 with SOS of 55 is more impressive than Bama or Texas. Our 10-2 is comparable to FSU at 13-0.

• Haha
Reactions: GSPMax
Agree Greene didn't look great and is not the best....but he played hurt.....just seems like Brown could have been a bit more gracious with Greene standing next to him with his arm around him.
Could have been but Brown knows the spot he's in next year. He's taking the Kirby Smart approach. Greene needs to improve drastically next year. He's possibly the least accurate starting QB in P5. Eventually that gets you beat.

lol making up stats again. He was 47 ranked qb in all fbs and only threw 4 ints. He’s far from the worst
What is his completion % against FBS opponents?
To be clear, he completed just 52% of his passes this year which is regression for him and a fourth of his TD passes this year came against Duquesne. 1 out of 4. 12-4 the rest of the year.
If you think he's accurate I'm terrified how low of a bar you set
Just looked at the QBs on ESPN that threw for the most yards. His competition % was the lowest. So how is me saying "he's possibly the least accurate QB in P5" made up. If anything I was wrong for not taking out possibly.
Accept I watch more football than you and know these things unlike you.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'm not the clueless one here. Look at who they beat this year.
You're all trying to sell them beating an underachieving UNC team without their star QB (who wisely opted out) while playing a kid who had 6 career passing attempts. This is a scrimmage. If we played WVU 100 times we would never lose. That's not a good team by any definition. They went 8-4 and got zero respect nationally.
The only people that think WVU is good are their fans, some of our fans and...that's about it.
Hey doofus. I never said WVU was a good team; I merely pointed out that your constant claims that WVU is awful. terrible, etc. are your most asinine comments yet and that covers a helluva lot of territory. 9-4 teams are not awful or terrible irrespective of who they play.

Reactions: GSPMax and bison13
To be clear, he completed just 52% of his passes this year which is regression for him and a fourth of his TD passes this year came against Duquesne. 1 out of 4. 12-4 the rest of the year.
Just looked at the QBs on ESPN that threw for the most yards. His competition % was the lowest. So how is me saying "he's possibly the least accurate QB in P5" made up. If anything I was wrong for not taking out possibly.
No one said he was Payton Manning. He is far from worst and is ranked 47th in efficiency.

Hey doofus. I never said WVU was a good team; I merely pointed out that your constant claims that WVU is awful. terrible, etc. are your most asinine comments yet and that covers a helluva lot of territory. 9-4 teams are not awful or terrible irrespective of who they play.
In fact, most are.

• Haha
No one said he was Payton Manning. He is far from worst and is ranked 47th in efficiency.
I said least accurate which is true. You then said i made up stats dedpite it being true. I didn't say least efficient. The last thing I want as a coach is an inaccurate QB and Brown's comments after the game reflect his frustration as well.

• Haha
Your arrogance know no bounds. It's fine to have a different opinion, but you think you are smarter than everyone else.

Also, when claiming your own brilliance, you might want to learn the difference between accept and except.

Your arrogance know no bounds. It's fine to have a different opinion, but you think you are smarter than everyone else.

Also, when claiming your own brilliance, you might want to learn the difference between accept and except.
Who made this thread about me? I was ignoring it (because it's a meaningless game) until people wanted to talk nonsense and make false claims. I owned being wrong about them winning 8 games and people are still being ridiculous by claiming I have to pretend they're good now because they beat a bunch of 6-6 teams or worse. To the point, someone thought I'd care about Greene completing half his passes and being named the MVP of a bowl win against UNC without Maye. You can make it about me all you want but in the comment you replied to I was 100% right and knicks was wrong yet you're still criticizing me, Predictable.

• Haha
Having watched the game last night, it was obvious Green is a good college QB. He produced when he needed to do so. One would have to be a moron not to see it.
His coach didn't share your opinion
He completed 52% of his passes this year playing in the Big XII. Would you like a list of the rest of the conference starters?
Claiming I'm a moron for not being impressed by a QB that struggles weekly to hit on half of his passes is adorable. I'm not the clueless one if you were impressed by him.

• Haha
Who made this thread about me? I was ignoring it (because it's a meaningless game) until people wanted to talk nonsense and make false claims. I owned being wrong about them winning 8 games and people are still being ridiculous by claiming I have to pretend they're good now because they beat a bunch of 6-6 teams or worse. To the point, someone thought I'd care about Greene completing half his passes and being named the MVP of a bowl win against UNC without Maye. You can make it about me all you want but in the comment you replied to I was 100% right and knicks was wrong yet you're still criticizing me, Predictable.
Dude, everyone hates you on this board. Get a clue. Any chance people get to screw with you they will. Such is life, deal with it.

Gabriel 69.3%
Bowman 60.7%
Ewers 70.7%
Donovan Smith 64.5%
Becht 63.5%
Howard 61.3%
Plummer 62.9%
Emory Jones 61.2%
Hoover 62.1%
Shapen 61.7%
Bean 62.3%
Morton 62.1%

Even Slovis was 57.5%

His back up was 56.6%

But, yes, I'm somehow wrong about Greene being "probably the least accurate QB in P5" at 52.9%

He threw 12 TDs against FBS teams--12

• Haha
Dude, everyone hates you on this board. Get a clue. Any chance people get to screw with you they will. Such is life, deal with it.
Why would I care if people hate me? I think most of you are idiots but I acknowledge when you're right.
I'm here to discuss football--you and others are here to discuss me. Grow up kiddo.

• Haha
Gabriel 69.3%
Bowman 60.7%
Ewers 70.7%
Donovan Smith 64.5%
Becht 63.5%
Howard 61.3%
Plummer 62.9%
Emory Jones 61.2%
Hoover 62.1%
Shapen 61.7%
Bean 62.3%
Morton 62.1%

Even Slovis was 57.5%

His back up was 56.6%

But, yes, I'm somehow wrong about Greene being "probably the least accurate QB in P5" at 52.9%

He threw 12 TDs against FBS teams--12
Greene is ranked 19th for QBR, so he must be doing something right.

Greene is ranked 19th for QBR, so he must be doing something right.
Do you agree he's the least accurate as proven by stats? That was my claim.
QBR wasn't what I stated. Against Big XII defenses he struggles to complete half his passes. The spin here has to end. We all know how "good" he is--see his coach's comments after the game.

• Haha
20_Pro_18_02.jpg

Reactions: Global Fan
Do you agree he's the least accurate as proven by stats? That was my claim.
QBR wasn't what I stated. Against Big XII defenses he struggles to complete half his passes. The spin here has to end. We all know how "good" he is--see his coach's comments after the game.
You were wrong when you claimed Greene was a horrible QB. Except it.

You said he was a terrible qb. I corrected you. And yes you are a board jester

You were wrong when you claimed Greene was a horrible QB. Except it.
He is a horrible QB. Imagine how quickly we'd be wanting a guy benched for a completion percentage of 52%.
The fact anyone thinks he's anything but is comical. Look at the comparison of the other starters in the Big XII. He's not close to them.
You can not be a good QB if you're inaccurate. See Brown's comments about him being "tough". Brown's in the portal right now looking for better.

• Haha
He is a horrible QB. Imagine how quickly we'd be wanting a guy benched for a completion percentage of 52%.
The fact anyone thinks he's anything but is comical. Look at the comparison of the other starters in the Big XII. He's not close to them.
You can not be a good QB if you're inaccurate. See Brown's comments about him being "tough". Brown's in the portal right now looking for better.
His rating is higher than Allars just as an fyi

Reactions: Cavaleer
His rating is higher than Allars just as an fyi
And you're putting too much into QBR

Which is better?

Sophomore 2336 yards 61.1% comp rate 22-1 TD-Int vs FBS playing primarily Big Ten defenses
Senior 2406 yards 52.9% comp rate 12-4 TD-Int vs FBS playing primarily Big XII defenses

I don't believe for a second anyone is truly okay with a P5 QB having a 52.9% comp rate. That's virtually unheard of. It's hard to even quantify how bad that is.

Hackenberg, who years later is still criticized for his inaccuracy here, was still better than that in his worst year.

• Haha
But they are a good team…9 wins is a good team…not great, but good.

Reactions: Cavaleer
Big XII

1. Texas--WVU didn't play them
2. Oklahoma State--WVU lost
3. Oklahoma--WVU lost
4. Kansas State--WVU didn't play them
5. Iowa State--WVU didn't play them

WVU's record is a reflection of only playing other bad teams in the Big XII. It's like thinking going 10-2 in the Big Ten West is comparable to 10-2 in the Big Ten East. It's isn't. WVU was fortunate and that's considered when evaluating how good they are. I don't believe anyone here thinks they beat Texas, Kansas State or Iowa State but some will say that simply because they wrongly believe hyping up WVU makes Penn State look better. WVU could have gone 0-12 and it has zero impact on where Penn State would be ranked--we'd be in the exact same spot because no one that matters values the win.

The announcers who are paid to sell people that the bowls matter so they watch? Valid source
Amazing how many elite football players have said the games were meaningless and opted out. I'm unaware CMC never played and sport and doesn't understand competition
Again this is the same as a spring game or a turkey bowl played on Thanksgiving with family and friends. It's just for fun with the outcome irrelevant. See Maye not playing.
Irrelevant? Don’t the final season rankings account for the bowl results?

Irrelevant? Don’t the final season rankings account for the bowl results?
Final season rankings were issued when the playoff was determined. The AP and Coaches Polls are just for people to have something to talk about. A playoff made them irrelevant

• Haha
Final season rankings were issued when the playoff was determined. The AP and Coaches Polls are just for people to have something to talk about. A playoff made them irrelevant
If a true playoff were to designed, perhaps bowls would be irrelevant. There is not true playoff and there isn't going to be one for the foreseeable future.

If a true playoff were to designed, perhaps bowls would be irrelevant. There is not true playoff and there isn't going to be one for the foreseeable future.
I'm not sure how you're defining a true playoff but the winner of the playoff is the NC that makes the rest irrelevant.

• Haha
Let’s face it, coaches don’t want to get rid of bowl games. This gives them a shot at having a six win season, but winning a bowl game, getting Gatorade dumped on their head and being declared successful. It lowers the bar for coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT